Ashlynn Shade to UConn (merged thread) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade to UConn (merged thread)

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
amazing pickup for UConn!! Awesome talent and amazing personality and I’m saying this as a Lady Vol fan. The amount of jealousy and poor sportsmanship some lady vol fans on volnation and the summitt are showing towards geno and his team, is just sad and uncalled for. So my message to the posters on volnation and the summitt, is get over it!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope this Hoosier is just as great or even better then the previous three, Kelly, Kennitra, and Cassie who played for Geno & CD. This is not counting Ayanna because she has yet to put on the uniform.

Reaction Score
Dogs Comics GIF by Chippy the Dog

Welcome to the pack Asylnn and family.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Next year I see Ayanna getting time in the rotation primarily with her defense....both on bigs and guards.
More contributions from offense by Ice...more on d and boards from Ayanna.

Reaction Score
amazing pickup for UConn!! Awesome talent and amazing personality and I’m saying this as a Lady Vol fan. The amount of jealousy and poor sportsmanship some lady vol fans on volnation and the summitt are showing towards geno and his team, is just sad and uncalled for. So my message to the posters on volnation and the summitt, is get over it!!
It stings when a top recruit you thought was a lean for your school commits elsewhere. We felt the same way when Boston chose South Carolina despite being in our backyard at the time. It sucks and it won't be the last time it happens to either UConn or Tennessee. Unfortunately social media and emotions don't mix.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Stellar analysis iwith some added head scratching about the remarkable flip of her recruitment from TN to UConn.

I didn't think that there was much news in this video. He didn't show her in live action or try to analyze her game using game clips. He just provided generalizations that could fit almost any high-ranked guard in any year. Plus it took a full minute in a 5:32 video to even get to the subject at hand.

Reaction Score
I don't get why everyone thought it was Tennessee. Her favorite 3 players were all Uconn alumni. Watching her say that indicated so much to me as she had grown up watching Uconn, being a fan of Uconn. I was more worried about Stanford. She wasn't even considering South Carolina. If you are looking for a pro basketball prep school, no school is better than Uconn. No school in the world. I think we are not that far from some of these girls skipping college and going directly to pro ball in Europe and Russia.

Reaction Score
I don't get why everyone thought it was Tennessee. Her favorite 3 players were all Uconn alumni. Watching her say that indicated so much to me as she had grown up watching Uconn, being a fan of Uconn. I was more worried about Stanford. She wasn't even considering South Carolina. If you are looking for a pro basketball prep school, no school is better than Uconn. No school in the world. I think we are not that far from some of these girls skipping college and going directly to pro ball in Europe and Russia.

I think because she had made 3 unofficial visits to Tennessee. Also her brother is being recruited for baseball there

Reaction Score
I think because she had made 3 unofficial visits to Tennessee. Also her brother is being recruited for baseball there
Lol I just deleted the same reply. Yours popped up. I hope she gets her brother to see the program we have here along with all the new facilities.

Reaction Score
I’m a homer but I think she made the right choice. She seems to be a Uconn “girl”. Smart and nice off the court and smart and tough as nails on the court Welcome to the family…..

Reaction Score
Both KK Arnold and Ashlynn Shade! :)

Welcome to UConn! Hope to see you soon!

Reaction Score
Why do we care what other boards, fans, or coaches think? We spend a lot of time here talking about people that we (supposedly) don’t care about.

A reminder - the rules, tacked to the top of the board, prohibit bringing garbage over from other boards. Leave the snark, insults, and other debris where you find it.

I agree. What about garbage that originates on a nationally respected sports entertainment site?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes, agreed.

I truly believe Geno may have taken his foot off the pedal during after the Stewie class in terms of recruiting and building the roster (maybe he felt bad to the rest of WBB?). He admitted the recruiting wasn't great publicly with the players they got. Now he's on a mission again and god bless him.
Hmmm - he was working at USA basketball of course, but ...
Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson in 2012
Chong 2013
Nurse, Williams, Ekmark 2014
Collier, Samuelson 2015
Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent 2016

pretty solid 4 years of recruiting after killing it with that 2012 class, and that doesn't include transfers in of Stevens, Camara, and Butler - that is not a usual follow on from a killer class, it is much better. Don't forget that Hartley and Dolson were already starters and around for the first two years and KML and Stokes were there for 3 years.

I grant you that he missed a couple of big recruits, but that always happens. The difference right now seems to be the recruiting is broader than it has ever been for Uconn, and the transfer in/out universe has changed for everyone.

Great new commit. Seems like a Faris type of fabulous athlete, but more of a scorers mentality? Also like the Shea comparison.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom