Ashlynn Shade to UConn (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade to UConn (merged thread)

Reaction Score
I spent about 2 hours researching Ashlyn yesterday. She has a terrific handle and is a great athlete. Great energy level and quick. Smaller than Paige but similar in many ways, even a better athlete overall maybe. Paige obviously has a gifted shooting touch that few players will ever have but Ashlyn is very coordinated and athletically gifted. She's stronger defensively than many high schoolers ( as is KK by the way ) and that is a big part of her appeal. Even as a Freshman she was performing better on basketball handle drills ( in my uneducated impression ) than even Azzi. She's had professional level coaching and her entire family has helped her on this journey. She's been essentially "in training" for many years now to be the best she can be and its' beyond normal conditioning and practice. I found it surprising that there is not a lot of video of her playing considering her stature as a major prospect but what is out there appears to be mainly organic rather than parental hyping. That's refreshing! She's not turnover prone and from all indications is a very nice kid. The thing I find most appealing about all the Uconn recruits it seems is that they are nice kids. Kids you would want to root for. I'm looking forward to seeing her play at Uconn!

Reaction Score
She seems a bit Ionescu-like in terms of her sturdy frame and aggressive on offense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Add me to the long list of fans in Husky Nation who are super psyched! Welcome aboard Ashlynn!!

seinfeld-excited.gif

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Ashlynn and her family and to Geno and staff! She visited Knoxville several times, lives in Indiana, and chose the Huskies! Nice! Welcome to UConn Nation!! Connecticut will alway be home.

In this interview, Ashlynn says she looks up to Maya Moore, Sue Bird, and Diana Taurasi. I believe they have something in common. :)

Ashlyn looks like a feisty gym rat and reminds me a little of Paige. She should make for a nice backcourt alongside K.K. BTW, Ashlynn shot 7-10 from the arc with Geno in attendance last night. We could use her now!

Reaction Score
That is funny, I thought I read people posting on here that she was a Tennessee lean.... Interesting how the very next day she has verballed to UCONN....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats to Ashlynn and her family and to Geno and staff! She visited Knoxville several times, lives in Indiana, and chose the Huskies! Nice! Welcome to UConn Nation!! Connecticut will alway be home.

In this interview, Ashlynn says she looks up to Maya Moore, Sue Bird, and Diana Taurasi. I believe they have something in common. :)

Ashlyn looks like a feisty gym rat and reminds me a little of Paige. She should make for a nice backcourt alongside K.K. BTW, Ashlynn shot 7-10 from the arc with Geno in attendance last night. We could use her now!

Is she wearing a No. Carolina sweatshirt? :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno and Co. have been on a roll recruiting WOW
They have to. They can’t afford any more recruiting classes that don’t pan out. ie., the 2017 class (Megan Walker’). Three of the four (Espinosa-Hunter, Gordon and Coombs) transferred, and Megan left after her junior year. 2019 class (Aubrey Griffin) 1 player class. Aubrey has yet to achieve her perceived potential. She had back surgery 2 days ago, and will likely miss this entire season.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

A deadly pull-up jumper. Same as Paige and Azzi.
In the game Geno went to when she went 7-10 from 3., 2 were from 30+ . Could just imagine Geno thinking about his current teams 3pt issues

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ice Brady is the answer to that problem
I would say partial answer. Rotating multiple big bodies at a large post at different angles, together with real good guard defenders affecting the entry pass and good blockouts, we would be fine.

Reaction Score
she came, she saw, she left early........she committed..........:):):):)

I spent about 2 hours researching Ashlyn yesterday. She has a terrific handle and is a great athlete. Great energy level and quick. Smaller than Paige but similar in many ways, even a better athlete overall maybe. Paige obviously has a gifted shooting touch that few players will ever have but Ashlyn is very coordinated and athletically gifted. She's stronger defensively than many high schoolers ( as is KK by the way ) and that is a big part of her appeal. Even as a Freshman she was performing better on basketball handle drills ( in my uneducated impression ) than even Azzi. She's had professional level coaching and her entire family has helped her on this journey. She's been essentially "in training" for many years now to be the best she can be and its' beyond normal conditioning and practice. I found it surprising that there is not a lot of video of her playing considering her stature as a major prospect but what is out there appears to be mainly organic rather than parental hyping. That's refreshing! She's not turnover prone and from all indications is a very nice kid. The thing I find most appealing about all the Uconn recruits it seems is that they are nice kids. Kids you would want to root for. I'm looking forward to seeing her play at Uconn!
Thanks for the informative assessment of Shade--however, she isn't smaller than Paige, she may be shorter, but Ashlynn has a more athletic build than Paige.

Reaction Score
Geno, speaking to the rest of the basketball world…

Yes, agreed.

I truly believe Geno may have taken his foot off the pedal during after the Stewie class in terms of recruiting and building the roster (maybe he felt bad to the rest of WBB?). He admitted the recruiting wasn't great publicly with the players they got. Now he's on a mission again and god bless him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom