2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

Reaction Score

QB play depends a lot on the blocking in front if him as well as coaching and playcalling. Even RB play chips in so that's an incomplete kind of capt obvious stat to say the least.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone have insights into what schools in his offer/interest list saw him as a QB versus an athlete, or was it as a QB across the board?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The best QB should start. Don’t even worry about redshirts.
Word. So tired of wait ‘til next year sh&t with this program. Tyler Phommachanh was gonna be redshirted regardless of performance by the QBs this past year. Then RE thankfully waa let go. He was far far better than Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski. Alas he was injured.
Some here may say that’s a wash, but we did get a glimpse of competent QB behind center.

Reaction Score
Word. So tired of wait ‘til next year sh&t with this program. Tyler Phommachanh was gonna be redshirted regardless of performance by the QBs this past year. Then RE thankfully waa let go. He was far far better than Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski. Alas he was injured.
Some here may say that’s a wash, but we did get a glimpse of competent QB behind center.

Redshirting if the player is the best this day and age seems counterproductive. Players don’t need to be patient, they will just hit the portal.

Also yes. Seize the day.

Reaction Score
Interested as to why you say that? Who do you think will be the starter in 2023? I wouldn’t be surprised if Zion gets meaningful snaps this year to be honest.
He will be a RS Freshman in 2023. UConn will have moved on from that kind of thing, at least for the first game of 2023. His pedigree doesn't surpass most of those in the room already anyway. Great get, don't get me wrong. Just what UConn needs for the pipeline, but to develop the traditional way. Over the fullness of time, matured the proper way.

Drink no wine before its time.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I still have no idea who will start but, I like the resumes of the guys he brought in.

If anyone is looking for a sure thing in the roster, we don't that yet. I wouldn't mind Mora bringing in one more transfer, maybe a grad transfer who has started actual FBS games and won more than 5.

I'm going to force myself to not become attached to any of them until they start winning games. Looking good or better than the other guys is no longer the standard. I encourage everyone to preempt their week 2 crush on whomever is riding the bench in week 1.

Reaction Score
I still have no idea who will start but, I like the resumes of the guys he brought in.

If anyone is looking for a sure thing in the roster, we don't that yet. I wouldn't mind Mora bringing in one more transfer, maybe a grad transfer who has started actual FBS games and won more than 5.

I'm going to force myself to not become attached to any of them until they start winning games. Looking good or better than the other guys is no longer the standard. I encourage everyone to preempt their week 2 crush on whomever is riding the bench in week 1.

What about the "it" factor?

Reaction Score
He will be a RS Freshman in 2023. UConn will have moved on from that kind of thing, at least for the first game of 2023. His pedigree doesn't surpass most of those in the room already anyway. Great get, don't get me wrong. Just what UConn needs for the pipeline, but to develop the traditional way. Over the fullness of time, matured the proper way.

Drink no wine before its time.

It’s not 2007 anymore.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing we don't see Tyler at all next year because of the injury and the QB's we had transfer him give him some time to heal. Honestly, we have 4 viable QB's that can start In Ta'Quan, Zion, Steve and Millen. I think Ta'Quan and Zion have a slight edge right now just due to the type of offense Charlton runs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we don't see Tyler at all next year because of the injury and the QB's we had transfer him give him some time to heal. Honestly, we have 4 viable QB's that can start In Ta'Quan, Zion, Steve and Millen. I think Ta'Quan and Zion have a slight edge right now just due to the type of offense Charlton runs.

I will always hold fast to the idea that 4=0, and 3=0, and for that matter 2=0. I think Mora is turning in all of his Scrabble tiles for a fresh set, which everyone agrees is the right move.

Reaction Score
I will always hold fast to the idea that 4=0, and 3=0, and for that matter 2=0. I think Mora is turning in all of his Scrabble tiles for a fresh set, which everyone agrees is the right move.
Yeah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And coaches tend to like their own recruits. I think Puma will have to stay a year to heal. Steven Krajewski has the most snaps by far of anyone in the room. So he has a shot.

Reaction Score
It’s not 2007 anymore.
If he was a four or five star I would agree. But he is not, despite his offer list. Were any of those offers to play QB? I do not follow it closely enough to know.

Reaction Score
If he was a four or five star I would agree. But he is not, despite his offer list. Were any of those offers to play QB? I do not follow it closely enough to know.

There is a real possibility that he could be the best QB in August.

Reaction Score
“Far far better” with his 48% comp %...

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh will never take another meaningful snap at QB for us. Pin this post and come back in four years. It'll age like wine. Roberson and Zion have rendered him redundant.

Don’t necessarily agree with the tone of the post but I do think the arm talent just isn’t there for him, and I was a big supporter last year. Would make an awesome slot receiver assuming he can catch, and that is likely his long term position if he wants an NFL look.

Reaction Score
Don’t necessarily agree with the tone of the post but I do think the arm talent just isn’t there for him, and I was a big supporter last year. Would make an awesome slot receiver assuming he can catch, and that is likely his long term position if he wants an NFL look.
Thanks, Hoboken. Tone could have been better. I like Tyler and want the best for him and all our players. I just have a strong conviction that the task is a bit beyond him at this point.

Reaction Score
Turner was the first QB Lashlee offered when he got to Miami as their OC.
No doubt that he is talented, or HCJM would not have made the offer. But let's not get carried away. Do we know that the offer was for playing QB? And who else did they have in their room already?

Reaction Score
Turner was the first QB Lashlee offered when he got to Miami as their OC.
No doubt that he is talented, or HCJM would not have made the offer. But let's not get carried away. Do we know that the offer was for playing QB? And who else did they have in their room already?
Here are a few articles that talk about Miami/Lashlee recruiting ZT as a QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom