2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

Reaction Score
Let's hope Mora doesn't pull an Edsall and start the worst first.
I think he knows his stuff compared to Edsall. I don’t know what planet Edsall was on coming here but dang he was stuck in center field.

Reaction Score
Let's hope Mora doesn't pull an Edsall and start the worst first.
Wow and incredibly lame comment! Mora has taken us from a low level Division 2 or even a Div 3 program to a top level P5 program. I honestly do not know how he has changed the recruiting so quickly.

Reaction Score
In fairness, it wasn’t just re. PP started a guy because he played with his kids. This has never been a place known for qb play.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In fairness, it wasn’t just re. PP started a guy because he played with his kids. This has never been a place known for qb play.
Are you talking about the walk-on QB who became starter after the YouTube trick shot Johnny video?

Reaction Score
I will bet you a beer that does not happen unless there are a ton of injuries in 2023 and he has to step in. Start the first game as QB in 2023? Never.
Interested as to why you say that? Who do you think will be the starter in 2023? I wouldn’t be surprised if Zion gets meaningful snaps this year to be honest.

Reaction Score
I still see Ta'Quan as the starter for the 2022 season. True dual threat, has the tools Mora is looking for at QB, will run the offense that Charlton at Maine and will make the plays like Tyler did when there's a breakdown on the line. I don't think we see Tyler back this year due to the nature of the injury and if we do, we gotta get him reps somewhere on the field. He's too dynamic to not have the ball in his hands some way some how.

Reaction Score
I still see Ta'Quan as the starter for the 2022 season. True dual threat, has the tools Mora is looking for at QB, will run the offense that Charlton at Maine and will make the plays like Tyler did when there's a breakdown on the line. I don't think we see Tyler back this year due to the nature of the injury and if we do, we gotta get him reps somewhere on the field. He's too dynamic to not have the ball in his hands some way some how.
From what we know this makes perfect sense. It would be the preferred outcome if we can hold on to Zion in the meantime. We must get the NIL humming so these kids don't constantly have people distracting them with "look what that guy's getting". I think Tyler's going to be a valuable guy eventually but probably not this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interested as to why you say that? Who do you think will be the starter in 2023? I wouldn’t be surprised if Zion gets meaningful snaps this year to be honest.

I would say that whoever wins the job in 2022 is likely to start in 2023, unless Steve Krajewski somehow wins it, which I do not expect. Millen and T'Quan were also both 3* recruits, right? Both older and more experienced. I'd be surprised if Zion plays a single snap unless there are injuries.

Reaction Score
I would say that whoever wins the job in 2022 is likely to start in 2023, unless Steve Krajewski somehow wins it, which I do not expect. Millen and T'Quan were also both 3* recruits, right? Both older and more experienced. I'd be surprised if Zion plays a single snap unless there are injuries.
I believe that Millen and TQuan were both 4 star players

Reaction Score
From what we know this makes perfect sense. It would be the preferred outcome if we can hold on to Zion in the meantime. We must get the NIL humming so these kids don't constantly have people distracting them with "look what that guy's getting". I think Tyler's going to be a valuable guy eventually but probably not this year.
Zion most likely redshirts this year. Tyler is most likely going to medical redshirt. I know we're loaded at WR, but I think Tyler moves to the slot, we're pretty loaded at QB right now, and he's too good of play maker to not be on the field. I think Mora knows this and will find a way to get him the ball. That being said. Mora is no slouch and I fully believe the offensive coaching staff is going to have a wide open evaluation of every position. Zion has a chance to prove he can start and lead this team right away. Especially winning three state titles with STA in Fl.

Reaction Score
Rather than guess wildly at who’ll start, I’m intrigued by approach - 2 dual threats and more of a pro style brought in. What will be the philosophy in 22 (and beyond) and will it lend more to dual threat? Or will it be to mold around skills of qb1?

Reaction Score
Seemingly much improved but "top level"? Come on, dude, drop the pipe.
Let him enjoy the moment. This is big news for us. When's the last time we got a QB recruit with that kind of offer list? I'm guessing never. I'm fully on the Mora hype train. I htink Mora has this locomotive chugging full steam ahead with in 3 years. I honest think we can be a consistent top 25 team every year.

Reaction Score
Let him enjoy the moment. This is big news for us. When's the last time we got a QB recruit with that kind of offer list? I'm guessing never. I'm fully on the Mora hype train. I htink Mora has this locomotive chugging full steam ahead with in 3 years. I honest think we can be a consistent top 25 team every year.
Not sure about the every year part but a good season with several P5 wins sure gets us consideration. 3-1 or 2-2 gives us a shot depending on who the teams are. Our typical years is 4 P5s, 4 high G5s, then 3 other G5s and an FCS. To win 9 we need to beat at least 1 P5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom