Top markets for the game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top markets for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
NY has a bunch of alumni from the B1G, but not fans of local football teams like Buffalo, Cuse, and UConn. Obviously BB is a different story but unfortunately BB is not even close to as valuable as FB.

From the very same article that you cited...

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-NYCTV-blog480.png

That's why this is called Conference Realignment. Conferences want to expand into NYC. The ACC and B1G both see that only 14% of 20M follow college football but still, by a LONG shot, register the most college football fans from any area in the country. The concept is just like every American business trying to tap into China's economy. The most densely populated areas will ALWAYS be coveted by anyone/any entity that is trying to sell something. In this case, the ACC and B1G are trying to sell collegiate sports entertainment. The facts don't lie. I think this is something that B12/Oklahoma St fans don't want to admit but deep down you know it is true. Blah, blah blah.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This isn't an insult, but I would rather be a G5 school in Connecticut than P5 in Oklahoma. The fact that you spend so much time here confirms that you probably agree.

pj

Reaction Score
Actually with the amount of misinformation on this board it is extremely difficult to get a correct answer. I have been told the AAC payout was 2 million up to 5 million. I have been told that the AAC has all the TV rights including the rights your practice games, I have also been told you get 2 million just for your WBB rights. All kinds of conspiracy theories about ESPN and BC keeping UConn out of a power conference. You guys act like you know it all and that UConn is perfect in every way and everybody is stupid for not knowing that. In reality you are not perfect, you have issues that are preventing you from getting into a power conference.

UConn's old Big East contract paid about $5 mn per year, and didn't include Tier 3 rights such as WBB which UConn sold to SNY for over $2 mn a year. The Big East turned down a new contract offer from ESPN of $13 mn per year, then ESPN got the ACC to raid the league, and the conference became the AAC. The new contract pays $2 mn per year and includes all rights, so UConn no longer has Tier 3 rights to sell. Thus, while other Big East schools were increasing TV revenue from $5 mn to $17-20 mn by moving to the ACC or B12, UConn was seeing TV revenue drop from $8-9 mn to $2 mn.

No one has ever claimed UConn is perfect. Just that we're as good as many schools in the P5.

Dooley

Reaction Score
More intelligence insults. Gotta love it. BTW I have not insulted UConn even once. I probably will at some point but you probably should wait until then to make your point.

So if UConn people are so smart, and the NY market is so valuable, and UConn dominates the NY market, why is UConn not in a power conference? See how simple it is to prove you are wrong and I am right. Something does not add up with your inflated view of yourself, it's obvious to those of us looking from outside your market. The sooner you figure that out the sooner you will be able to fix your issues. Pretending they dont' exist is not helping your situation. Blaming ESPN does not help your situation. Insulting other fans will not help your situation. Those are just childish reactions.

Simple solution: please leave our board. If you don't like UCONN or the way UCONN fans think highly of our university, then leave. Do you see any UCONN fans over on Oklahoma State's board trolling about how we doubled your Spring Game attendance? No. Do you see UCONN fans over on Oklahoma State boards trolling about how our women's basketball team could beat your men's team left handed and drunk? No. Your school's athletic department got a life raft from T Boone Pickens and for that, you and your fans should be incredibly thankful. Congratulations on that. Otherwise you'd be just another irrelevant athletic program in a small market that nobody outside of the 10% of people in Oklahoma who don't root for the Sooners cares about. But maybe that would have been the magnet for UCONN fans to finally troll on over to the Oklahoma State boards, right? If we are so irrelevant and so small time, why do you keep coming back and back and back with the same tired points that have been refuted over and over and over again? Probably not as small-time in your eyes as you seem to claim, eh?

Reaction Score
From the very same article that you cited...

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-NYCTV-blog480.png

That's why this is called Conference Realignment. Conferences want to expand into NYC. The ACC and B1G both see that only 14% of 20M follow college football but still, by a LONG shot, register the most college football fans from any area in the country. The concept is just like every American business trying to tap into China's economy. The most densely populated areas will ALWAYS be coveted by anyone/any entity that is trying to sell something. In this case, the ACC and B1G are trying to sell collegiate sports entertainment. The facts don't lie. I think this is something that B12/Oklahoma St fans don't want to admit but deep down you know it is true. Blah, blah blah.
If the Big 12, SEC, or PAC wanted to get in the NY they sure are not showing it, if they did wouldn't' they have already snatched up UConn? SEC wants NC and Virginia, not NY. Heck even the B1G wants Virginia, NC, or Georgia. Laugh all you want but you know what I said is true. There is a reason teams in other markets are paid more than those in NY. There is a reason CFB games in the NY area are not attended well. There is such a lack of good teams in the area that even Buffalo is supposedly being looked at. Buffalo? I mean NY State. That should tell you enough about the area. But if you want to continue to believe differently that is fine.

It is obvious that the best areas of the country for CFB are Cali, Texas, Forida/Georgia, Ohio. NY is not even close to those areas. The $ proves it.

Heck compare Oklahoma to Connecticut. OU gets 20 million, OSU gets 20 million, and Tulsa gets 2 million. TV partners pay 42 million $ to FBS schools in Oklahoma for TV rights, and that does not include tier 3 for OU and OSU. TV partners pay the FBS schools in Connecticut, NY, and Jersey less than 10 million $ combined. But you think the NY market is the most valuable. Then why do they pay 1 state with 4 million people 42 million and 3 states with a combined 20+ million less than 10 million $ combined. So basically Oklahoma is worth 4 times what teams from around NY are on TV contracts. Do you want to talk support? In Oklahoma any given weekend there will be over 150k people at the 3 schools FB games. In NY there will be about 75k people at the Cuse, UConn, and Buffalo games. So just the gate income from Oklahoma dwarfs the gate income from 3 teams in the NY area. LAffin.

If you can't see what is so obvious to everyone else I can't help you. The numbers dont' lie.

Reaction Score
This isn't an insult, but I would rather be a G5 school in Connecticut than P5 in Oklahoma. The fact that you spend so much time here confirms that you probably agree.
Well since the schools in Oklahoma have better support sand more income from TV it's pretty obvious which is better for athletics. Compare the accomplishments of UConn compared to OU, OSU, and TU and it's not even close. You realize that the schools in Connecticut get 2 million for TV contracts and the ones in Oklahoma get a total of over 50 million. You realize that OU nearly trips your attendance, OSU nearly doubles your attendance, and TU is actually the closes with about 10k less. Schools in Oklahoma have almost 100 National championships, UConn has about 15. AD expenditures Oklahoma schools have over 150 million+ and UConn has 60 million. And we dont' rely on taxpayers to support our AD's like UConn does. I guess if you dont' have fan support or donors your taxpayers can get it done but now you are a burden to the state.

Try to focus less on me and more on the topic. When you resort to personal insults you have already lost the debate.

Reaction Score
Look I get that UVA has decades of tradition in The ACC, and in a perfect world would want to stay and continue to build the conference. That said it is 2014 and we all know that we are not in a perfect world. As long as the B1G sits at 14, and as long as their upcoming contract negotiations loom, UVA will remain a potential candidate. What if 2 years go by and The ACC is no closer to landing a TV Network? What happens if UMD gets off for way below the 52 mil The ACC is asking? What if other schools get nervous and start looking around? Would UVA leadership be proactive and make a move, or would they be reactive and stay in whatever the ACC potentially could become? I'm not an insider, but I have some contacts. I believe UVA was and remains a candidate. Not saying anything ever comes of it, but as of now Delany has not moved on from the idea.

UVA leadership will stay in the ACC and continue to make it better. It's a better academic conference than the Big Ten even with Louisville. It a better football conference than the Big Ten (11 bowl teams in 2013 and the National Champion), and it's a better basketball conference than the Big Ten (9 National Championships since 1990 not including anything from Louisville or Syracuse). In baseball and lacrosse there is no contest. Those are two sports most important to UVA. And demographically and geographically there is no contest. The Big Ten isn't an eastern conference. There are 7 teams west of Ohio. Jim Delaney picking up two dog athletic departments in the mid-Atlantic doesn't make it so, nor does opening offices all over creation in the East. That's Napoleonic, little man's syndrome. He can sit in the NY office twice a week, and he still won't conquer New York with Rutgers. The ACC doesn't with Syracuse basketball and Notre Dame football either, but we understand this. And yes 5 Notre Dame football games is having part of Notre Dame. I wish my UConn friends here the best. Many of them truly want to be in the Big Ten. If the ACC is too stupid to invite them, I hope the Big Ten does.

Reaction Score
Simple solution: please leave our board. If you don't like UCONN or the way UCONN fans think highly of our university, then leave. Do you see any UCONN fans over on Oklahoma State's board trolling about how we doubled your Spring Game attendance? No. Do you see UCONN fans over on Oklahoma State boards trolling about how our women's basketball team could beat your men's team left handed and drunk? No. Your school's athletic department got a life raft from T Boone Pickens and for that, you and your fans should be incredibly thankful. Congratulations on that. Otherwise you'd be just another irrelevant athletic program in a small market that nobody outside of the 10% of people in Oklahoma who don't root for the Sooners cares about. But maybe that would have been the magnet for UCONN fans to finally troll on over to the Oklahoma State boards, right? If we are so irrelevant and so small time, why do you keep coming back and back and back with the same tired points that have been refuted over and over and over again? Probably not as small-time in your eyes as you seem to claim, eh?
If OSU is an irrelevant program in a worthless market when why do they get paid over 10x as much as UConn for TV rights. LAffin. There is a school what gets paid like it's worthless, and it aint OSU. Keep throwing stones from your glass house. I'll shatter you over and over.

So you lost the debate and now want me to leave so I won't embarrass you anymore. I have been nothing but nice to you and your fans. Now you are talking trash about donors, I'd talk trash about yours but you apparently dont' have any, that is why you rely on your taxpayers to finance your AD. Get a grip. You sure like to dish it out but the first time you get some of your own medicine you can't handle it. Quite being such a baby. If you dont' like insults, then dont' insult people. You know what they say about people who can dish it out but can't take it. LAffin.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If the Big 12, SEC, or PAC wanted to get in the NY they sure are not showing it, if they did wouldn't' they have already snatched up UConn? SEC wants NC and Virginia, not NY. Heck even the B1G wants Virginia, NC, or Georgia. Laugh all you want but you know what I said is true. There is a reason teams in other markets are paid more than those in NY. There is a reason CFB games in the NY area are not attended well. There is such a lack of good teams in the area that even Buffalo is supposedly being looked at. Buffalo? I mean NY State. That should tell you enough about the area. But if you want to continue to believe differently that is fine.

It is obvious that the best areas of the country for CFB are Cali, Texas, Forida/Georgia, Ohio. NY is not even close to those areas. The $ proves it.

Heck compare Oklahoma to Connecticut. OU gets 20 million, OSU gets 20 million, and Tulsa gets 2 million. TV partners pay 42 million $ to FBS schools in Oklahoma for TV rights, and that does not include tier 3 for OU and OSU. TV partners pay the FBS schools in Connecticut, NY, and Jersey less than 10 million $ combined. But you think the NY market is the most valuable. Then why do they pay 1 state with 4 million people 42 million and 3 states with a combined 20+ million less than 10 million $ combined. So basically Oklahoma is worth 4 times what teams from around NY are on TV contracts. Do you want to talk support? In Oklahoma any given weekend there will be over 150k people at the 3 schools FB games. In NY there will be about 75k people at the Cuse, UConn, and Buffalo games. So just the gate income from Oklahoma dwarfs the gate income from 3 teams in the NY area. LAffin.

If you can't see what is so obvious to everyone else I can't help you. The numbers dont' lie.

Wow. I am saddened that you had to attack my intelligence. I was just simply making a point. There is no need to get nasty. I guess that's what people in the Bible belt do: get nasty and combative when people who disagree with their views voice their opinion!

If you can't read what I wrote, then I can't help you. I said ACC and B1G...never a mention about B12, SEC or PAC. I couldn't care less what those 3 conferences do or don't do because I don't think UCONN fits well with any of them. Where UCONN fits well with best is the B1G or ACC. Do you honestly think the PAC is looking at UCONN? You must be even dumber than what you present on this board. My goodness.

Do conferences make money on attendance or TV? If you can't grasp that very simple concept, then I can't do anything for you. The numbers don't lie. The northeast is the most densely populated part of the country with the most TV sets. A small percentage of NYC is still FAR more TV sets than a large percentage of Birmingham, Tulsa, Norman, etc. That's where the money is and that's where conferences are expanding. And if attendance was so important, why did Oklahoma State only draw 2500 to its Spring Game? I don't know about you, but I was completely surprised by this. I mean, Oklahoma State has such a huge following and Oklahoma is such a huge draw for college football that I would be convinced that they'd get more than 2,500 at their Spring Game. I think UCONN had that many people in the parking lot tailgating for their Spring Game at 11AM. LAffin. The numbers don't lie. I can't help you if you can't see what is so obvious. There is no need to insult my intelligence, we are just having a rational discussion here. You're probably just jealous of UCONN because you keep coming here! LAffin. Number of your posts don't lie. I can't help you but welcome to UCONN Country! Always nice to make a new fan. Welcome aboard!

Dooley

Reaction Score
If OSU is an irrelevant program in a worthless market when why do they get paid over 10x as much as UConn for TV rights. LAffin. There is a school what gets paid like it's worthless, and it aint OSU. Keep throwing stones from your glass house. I'll shatter you over and over.

So you lost the debate and now want me to leave so I won't embarrass you anymore. I have been nothing but nice to you and your fans. Now you are talking trash about donors, I'd talk trash about yours but you apparently dont' have any, that is why you rely on your taxpayers to finance your AD. Get a grip. You sure like to dish it out but the first time you get some of your own medicine you can't handle it. Quite being such a baby. If you dont' like insults, then dont' insult people. You know what they say about people who can dish it out but can't take it. LAffin.

I didn't lose anything. I'm simply trying to have a rational conversation here and you insult my intelligence. LAffin. Get a grip. Sheesh, no need to throw stones from your glass house. LAffin. If UCONN is such an irrelevant program in a worthless market, then why are our TV ratings through the roof? Why do we have our own regional sports contract? LAffin. UCONN had more fans in the parking lot tailgating 4 hours before their Spring Game than OSU had at their Spring Game! LAffin. Get a grip. Don't throw stones from a glass house because it will shatter all over you! You like to dish it out but can't handle a dose of the truth. Get some Pampers for okielite, because we have a Boneyard baby! If you don't like insults, then don't insult people . You know what they say about people who can dish it out but can't take it? LAffin. Stones. Glass houses. Baby. LAffin.

Reaction Score
Wow. I am saddened that you had to attack my intelligence. I was just simply making a point. There is no need to get nasty. I guess that's what people in the Bible belt do: get nasty and combative when people who disagree with their views voice their opinion!

If you can't read what I wrote, then I can't help you. I said ACC and B1G...never a mention about B12, SEC or PAC. I couldn't care less what those 3 conferences do or don't do because I don't think UCONN fits well with any of them. Where UCONN fits well with best is the B1G or ACC. Do you honestly think the PAC is looking at UCONN? You must be even dumber than what you present on this board. My goodness.

Do conferences make money on attendance or TV? If you can't grasp that very simple concept, then I can't do anything for you. The numbers don't lie. The northeast is the most densely populated part of the country with the most TV sets. A small percentage of NYC is still FAR more TV sets than a large percentage of Birmingham, Tulsa, Norman, etc. That's where the money is and that's where conferences are expanding. And if attendance was so important, why did Oklahoma State only draw 2500 to its Spring Game? I don't know about you, but I was completely surprised by this. I mean, Oklahoma State has such a huge following and Oklahoma is such a huge draw for college football that I would be convinced that they'd get more than 2,500 at their Spring Game. I think UCONN had that many people in the parking lot tailgating for their Spring Game at 11AM. LAffin. The numbers don't lie. I can't help you if you can't see what is so obvious. There is no need to insult my intelligence, we are just having a rational discussion here. You're probably just jealous of UCONN because you keep coming here! LAffin. Number of your posts don't lie. I can't help you but welcome to UCONN Country! Always nice to make a new fan. Welcome aboard!
So you don't think attendance gives schools income? I guess since you are used to 20k people at games it's probably true for you but not schools with actual fan support. Just the gate is worth a huge pile of money.

You really want to talk fan support? OK.

OSU did not have a spring game. That is why attendance was so lo, it was a practice. I understand that to you it might have looked like a game. I was going to watch the UConn spring game but it was not on TV, Online, or even on the radio. Excellent exposure you are getting. If that happened in Oklahoma people would go crazy, in Connecticut they didn't' even notice because quite frankly nobody cares. The fact that only 17k people shoed up for a home game confirms your fans dont' care. Can you imagine 17k people showing up for an OU or OSU game? I can't. Thank god it will never happen.

UConn only sells 5k student tickets and about 20k season tickets. About half what OSU sells. Nice try but you lose by a landslide.

UConn is the only school in a state with nearly 4 million people. Oklahoma has 3 FBS schools to compete against. TV payout is 2 million versus over 50 million so appx 25x more than Connecticut. Attendance in Oklahoma is about 5x the attendance in Connecticut. TV partners think we are worth 25x more. Fans think we are 5x better. Sounds about right.

Reaction Score
If OSU is an irrelevant program in a worthless market when why do they get paid over 10x as much as UConn for TV rights. LAffin.
Honest question: do you think Oklahoma State or TCU is worth as much as Texas? Is Oregon State worth as much as USC or UCLA? Is Boston College or Wake Forest worth as much as UNC or Florida State? Is Purdue or Northwestern worth as much Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, or Nebraska?

If UConn replaced Purdue, or Vanderbilt, or Wake Forest, would the conference pay outs go down?

Let's imagine this conference: Boston College, Wake Forest, Purdue, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Baylor, TCU, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, Utah. Do those schools make anywhere near as much as they make now in this conference? Did their value drop suddenly?

Or, since Oklahoma State's value is 10x more, let's imagine this conference: Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, USF, East Carolina, Northern Illinois, Marshall, UMass, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico, San Diego State. Still getting the same payout?

The answer, obviously, is that they are not. And their "value" did not suddenly drop despite payouts going down significantly. Thus, a conference pay out is not reflective a school's worth.

Or, in case this was misunderstood: an individual school's worth is not necessarily reflective in what the conference as a whole is paid. See UConn, AAC. Some schools are paid more than they are worth because of conference affiliation, others less. That's what conferences do.

Or, if that isn't simple enough, do you think UConn was worth more money under the old Big East contract than they are now, despite the fact that they have now won two titles?

The money a school gets from its conference has a lot to do with a school's individual worth.

If you think otherwise on this front, you are being obviously obtuse.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I am getting really fuc&in tired college football, and the way people like Okielite use it to minimize every other institutional short-coming of their respective schools. When college football begins to wane in popularity due to injury (and it will due to the fact that the game is 4 hours long, fear of concussions, exclusive posture of the "P5"), I can't wait for OSU to take its rightful place at the bottom of the heap. LAffin. Until then, enjoy basking in the reflection of OU and TU.

Reaction Score
I didn't lose anything. I'm simply trying to have a rational conversation here and you insult my intelligence. LAffin. Get a grip. Sheesh, no need to throw stones from your glass house. LAffin. If UCONN is such an irrelevant program in a worthless market, then why are our TV ratings through the roof? Why do we have our own regional sports contract? LAffin. UCONN had more fans in the parking lot tailgating 4 hours before their Spring Game than OSU had at their Spring Game! LAffin. Get a grip. Don't throw stones from a glass house because it will shatter all over you! You like to dish it out but can't handle a dose of the truth. Get some Pampers for okielite, because we have a Boneyard baby! If you don't like insults, then don't insult people . You know what they say about people who can dish it out but can't take it? LAffin. Stones. Glass houses. Baby. LAffin.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

They are not through the roof. you had 1 market in the top 10, Kentucky had the remaining 9. Any TV ratings from that game were likely from Kentucky fans not UConn fans. And for FB the entire NE is worthless. Look at the TV ratings I posted.

You have your own regional sports contract? I thought you gave the AAC all your content. You guys need to get together and figure out your story first. If you have no content to sell I have no idea what you are talking about selling other than coaches shows and radio crap which all schools do.

I played nice until you decided to start something you cant' finish. Now I'm telling it like it is and backing up every statement with numbers to confirm that it's true. The numbers dont' make you look good at all but they are true. Wanna keep going?

Reaction Score
I am getting really fuc&in tired college football, and the way people like Okielite use it to minimize every other institutional short-coming of their respective schools. When college football begins to wane in popularity due to injury (and it will due to the fact that the game is 4 hours long, fear of concussions, exclusive posture of the "P5"), I can't wait for OSU to take its rightful place at the bottom of the heap. LAffin. Until then, enjoy basking in the reflection of OU and TU.
Your fans insulted me, I insulted back. If you can't take it, dont' dish it out. OSU has accomplished more than UConn likely ever will. We have over 50NC's compared to your 15. It' s not even close. Not to mention BCS wins, Heisman trophies, etc...

Keep insulting my school and I will point out how it compares to yours.

Keep copying my Laffin, I really think it's funny.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Your fans insulted me, I insulted back. If you can't take it, dont' dish it out. OSU has accomplished more than UConn likely ever will. We have over 50NC's compared to your 15. It' s not even close. Not to mention BCS wins, Heisman trophies, etc...

And yet none are in football (hmmmmm) and your only two basketball championship (45 & 46) were in the NCAA tournament, the notoriously inferior tournament of the era. But I wouldn't want to detract from all of your wrestling glory. :confused:

Reaction Score
Honest question: do you think Oklahoma State or TCU is worth as much as Texas? Is Oregon State worth as much as USC or UCLA? Is Boston College or Wake Forest worth as much as UNC or Florida State? Is Purdue or Northwestern worth as much Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, or Nebraska?

If UConn replaced Purdue, or Vanderbilt, or Wake Forest, would the conference pay outs go down?

Let's imagine this conference: Boston College, Wake Forest, Purdue, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Baylor, TCU, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, Utah. Do those schools make anywhere near as much as they make now in this conference? Did their value drop suddenly?

The answer, obviously, is that they are not. And their "value" did not suddenly drop despite payouts going down significantly. Thus, a conference pay out is not reflective a school's worth.

Or, in case this was misunderstood: an individual school's worth is not necessarily reflective in what the conference as a whole is paid. See UConn, AAC. Some schools are paid more than they are worth because of conference affiliation, others less. That's what conferences do.

Or, if that isn't simple enough, do you think UConn was worth more money under the old Big East contract than they are now, despite the fact that they have now won two titles?

The money a school gets from its conference has a lot to do with a school's individual worth.

If you think otherwise on this front, you are being obviously obtuse.
I think the average a conference gets paid is the result of the value of its members. YEs they vary. I think OSU is probably worth 12-17 million. That would work out about right with schools such as UT beign worth 40 million + to get the Big 12 average of 20 million.

I think UConn is worth about 3-5 million on a Big 12 TV contract. Out commissioners said that BYU was the most valuable team left and they are right around or just under 10 so that means UConn is below that. They also said that no 2 teams would raise the payout even with the 20+ million expected from the CCG. The average payout of the ACC confirms the range any team could be worth. likely 5 million at the most or 2.5 times the average.

I think UConn is worth what they get paid. If they are worth more then why did you sign the contract.

Reaction Score

You're really touting your schools 28 pre-Civil Rights championships?

51 championships is impressive in theory...But 34 of them are wrestling...and 23 of those 34 are all before African Americans were treated equally in this country.

Sorry, not impressed.

In the sports that matter: Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc., Oklahoma State has 3 championships, and none since 1959.

You want to come here and talk about what Oklahoma State is worth, and then throw out wrestling and golf and cross country? Come on man.

Reaction Score
And yet none are in football (hmmmmm) and your only two basketball championship (45 & 46) were in the NCAA tournament, the notoriously inferior tournament of the era. But I wouldn't want to detract from all of your wrestling glory. :confused:
Well keep going and you can get the total under 15 and claim to be more successful. Glad to see you are spending your time learning about OSU.

Reaction Score
LaffinSign.png

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
And let's add a few more facts about OSU. It is ranked #142, it has a 72% acceptance rate, it has an endowment under $300m, it has 20,000 students, it is dwarfed in its own state by OU and UT fans, and it's state is the same size as Connecticut.

Reaction Score
This is hilarious. suddenly TV markets tuned into insulting OSU. I guess you figures out comparing Connecticut to Oklahoma was downright embarrassing. Man you guys are predictable, sensitive, and jealous. Keep up the good work.

Just focus on TU, surely you can beat them in something right?

Reaction Score
I think the average a conference gets paid is the result of the value of its members. YEs they vary. I think OSU is probably worth 12-17 million. That would work out about right with schools such as UT beign worth 40 million + to get the Big 12 average of 20 million.

I think UConn is worth about 3-5 million on a Big 12 TV contract. Out commissioners said that BYU was the most valuable team left and they are right around or just under 10 so that means UConn is below that. They also said that no 2 teams would raise the payout even with the 20+ million expected from the CCG. The average payout of the ACC confirms the range any team could be worth. likely 5 million at the most or 2.5 times the average.

I think UConn is worth what they get paid. If they are worth more then why did you sign the contract.
So, you conceded that an individual school is not worth it's conference pay out, and yet you end by saying just that for some reason.

And you're crazy if you think Oklahoma State is worth 12-17 million on the open market. Stillwater, OK is tiny, and OSU is clearly at best the second most popular school in a state the size of CT...and possibly 3rd, behind Texas.

And, if you want to talk attendance--it's apples to rocks. Let UConn bring in Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, etc. and see then what the attendence would be.

Reaction Score
And let's add a few more facts about OSU. It is ranked #142, it has a 72% acceptance rate, it has an endowment under $300m, it has 20,000 students, it is dwarfed in its own state by OU and UT fans, and it's state is the same size as Connecticut.
And even with all that we get paid over 10x more for TV rights than UConn. Pretty funny.

I knew we would come back to academics when you figured out how inferior you are athletically. Predictable response. When you can't beat em, change the subject.

You think OSU is dwarfed by TU in Oklahoma. LAffin. Do you realize TU has 5k students, and little fan interest, much like UConn. You should know about them, you will be in the same conference soon. TV partners think you are peers. You have similar fan support for FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom