Top markets for the game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Top markets for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You don't. I just gave you an article with facts that disproves that. You just like to ignore facts you don't like.
If you have so many fans why dont' they show up for FB games? That is where your theory blows up. You can claim to have all the fans in the world, but when you have games with only 17k and 22k fans it proves that you dont' have many fans. The attendance numbers prove my point. Nice try but actual attendance is a whole lot more valuable then made up fan base numbers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We do have more fans. Loot at attendance and TV ratings. Our fans show up for games. unlike yours who only 17k managed to show up for a game last year. Compare that to our worst game at 58k.

UConn lowest attened game= 17k
next lowest game = 22k.
Total= 39k
OSU lowest attended game= 58k
next lowest = 59 k
Total= 117k

39k is about 1/3 of 117k.

UConn averages 30k for attendance, OSU averages just under 60k. Nearly double.

Thus you have about 1/3 to 1/2 the support of OSU. Keep up the good work.

What did you guys get at your Spring Game? With all of those people who back OSU football, clearly there was demand for a Spring Game right?

Guys in the NFL:
OSU- 18
UCONN - 20

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/c

One day OSU will achieve UCONN's standards. Until then, all you can do is cross those fingers and hope for the best, eh okie?

Reaction Score
Oh. Wow. A MAC school, a team that plays in Upstate NY, and a Small Catholic school are the same as a flagship state university.

Didn't realize that.
Thanks for proving my point. There are no big time football programs in the NY region. That is because it is not a college football region. Just recently did NY area teams make it in a power conference. That fact that it took 100 years to get Rutgers and Cuse in a power conference is a pretty good indicator of fan interest in that area. And they are the low level FB programs in their conferences.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Fact check. So as long as you dont' count national championships, Heismans, BCS games, conference championships, etc.. then you are right we have not won anything since the 40's.

Here is the truth. As you can see many are sicne the 40's which proves that Dooley is wrong, again.
National championships[edit]
Total – 51

• [ ]Baseball – 1 (1959)
    [ ]Basketball – 2 (1945–46)
    [ ]Cross Country – 4 (1954, 2009–10, 2012)
    [ ]Golf – 10 (1963, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2006)
    [ ]Wrestling – 34 (1928–31, 1933–35, 1937–42, 1946, 1948–49, 1954–56, 1958–59, 1961–62, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1971, 1989–90, 1994, 2003–06)

Well, let's just say that OSU should be able to find a soft landing when Texas and Oklahoma leave the B12 because Golf and Wrestling drives the CR bus. Zero National Championships in REVENUE SPORTS since 1959. Keep up the great winning tradition okie! Wow, you guys make Rutgers look like the New York Yankees.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If you have so many fans why dont' they show up for FB games? That is where your theory blows up. You can claim to have all the fans in the world, but when you have games with only 17k and 22k fans it proves that you dont' have many fans. The attendance numbers prove my point. Nice try but actual attendance is a whole lot more valuable then made up fan base numbers.

Interest must've been through the roof at the Spring Game, right? Aside: did you know that some pathetic also-ran programs like Pitt actually cancelled their Spring Game because of lack of interest?!?! LAffin. Good thing neither of our fan bases would ever have to worry about that, eh okie?

Reaction Score
BC not only has enormous power and influence in the ACC to prevail upon the other dozen ACC schools to block Uconn to the ACC, but they also have the ability to prevail upon the BIG schools, as well as all the other P5 conference schools to block Uconn to their leagues too ? Did I read this right ? Just want to be certain it isn't a typo or whatever.

Of course you read it right. How else is it possible to explain the actions of the P5 and ESPN. Since it is impossible that the "value" of UConn is overestimated by the BY, it can only be that forces beyond reason have conspired to thwart us. Jealous hatred from Chestnut Hill and self defeating, masochistic actions from Bristol are the only possible explanations.

Reaction Score
Jim Nantz must have mentioned your 1946 basketball title at least a hundred times last Monday.
We just hope to be in the AAC someday. I guess we can only dream. LAffin.

Reaction Score
Interest must've been through the roof at the Spring Game, right? Aside: did you know that some pathetic also-ran programs like Pitt actually cancelled their Spring Game because of lack of interest?!?! LAffin. Good thing neither of our fan bases would ever have to worry about that, eh okie?
We just hope to have the fan support that UConn does someday. if we could only get 17k people to show up for a game. Actually there was 17 people at a football game in our stadium last year. They have the high school championships there. So your fan support is about like high school football game in Oklahoma. Congrats.

Reaction Score
, it's like talking to a post. You picked our worst year, with our worst coach, with our worst schedule, and are making a BFD about it. Just three years ago we had numerous sell outs, against the likes of Vanderbilt, West Virginia, and Cincinnati. Our worst game was 35K against Pitt--and that was 90% full.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Sorry, no.

We already have Tulsa - we're full-up on our quota of hayseeds.

You guys have a kinda Sun Conference look to you.

Dooley

Reaction Score

We'll keep a seat warm for you, B12 dead weight. Enjoy your money while big brother Oklahoma and Texas are still willing to share theirs with such an insignificant school like OSU. Correction. insignificant in everything else other than Wrestling.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Yea I'm too dumb for that, LAffin.
Pretty funny to watch you act like a bunch of private school snobs. I guess you are probably just jealous of OSU. I understand. I would be too if I was in your shoes.
Here's my problem with you. You claim that it's a quest for knowledge, but in every question you word it such that you make a dig towards us. You find evidence that is contrary to what we believe occurred. A gentler demeanor on your behalf would diminish the personal attacks that some resort to. It feels like we have a bruise and you keep poking it. Either play nice in our sand box or get out. It's an easy game.

Reaction Score
, it's like talking to a post. You picked our worst year, with our worst coach, with our worst schedule, and are making a BFD about it. Just three years ago we had numerous sell outs, against the likes of Vanderbilt, West Virginia, and Cincinnati. Our worst game was 35K against Pitt--and that was 90% full.
And your fans are acting like OSU is below Pitt as an "also ran" program.

3 years ago your average attendance was 38k. nothing to thump your chest about. Literally ECU kills you in fan support. Even your best year is an embarrassment. You should join the ACC because you will be the bottom dweller in the B1G. Your support would fit right in with most of the ACC.

Dooley

Reaction Score
We just hope to have the fan support that UConn does someday. if we could only get 17k people to show up for a game. Actually there was 17 people at a football game in our stadium last year. They have the high school championships there. So your fan support is about like high school football game in Oklahoma. Congrats.

I just hope that we can have the kind of success the great Oklahoma State has had. 1 BCS win! 1 Heisman Winner! Wow, that's a serious long list of tradition right there in 100 years. I'd say the state of Connecticut has won more Heisman Trophies than OSU but we don't want to ride the coattails of Yale like you enjoy riding the coattails of in-state big brother OU. Congrats on all of your amazing accomplishments! I guess we will see you at the White House this year, eh okie? Did you hear we are going twice? We're on a first name basis with Barack, you know. Well, no you probably don't know. It's been a looooooooooooooong time since Harry was in office, eh okie?

Reaction Score
We'll keep a seat warm for you, B12 dead weight. Enjoy your money while big brother Oklahoma and Texas are still willing to share theirs with such an insignificant school like OSU. Correction. insignificant in everything else other than Wrestling.
If OSU is Big 12 dead weight then what are you? The best of the leftovers? King of the AAC? Heck in reality you re not even one of the top FB programs in the AAC. That is pretty bad.

Tune in to the next PGA golf tournament, you will see plenty of OSU golfers.

Reaction Score

3 years ago your average attendance was 38k. nothing to thump your chest about. Literally ECU kills you in fan support. Even your best year is an embarrassment. You should join the ACC because you will be the bottom dweller in the B1G. Your support would fit right in with most of the ACC.
Yes. And our capacity is 40k, so it was 95% full. In 2006 your average attendance was 41K. Is that so much more impressive? That same year--barely DI--our attendance was 39K.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Because you are below Pitt, you fool. Pitt has 9 national championships IN FOOTBALL. One of them was in 1976, well after Civil Rights. They also have a Heisman Trophy winner so 1-1 there.

9-0 National Championships: advantage Pitt
1-1 Heisman Trophy winners: tie
0-0 Spring Games due to lack of interest: tie

Pitt > OSU.

Numbers don't lie, glass house. LAffin.

Reaction Score
I just hope that we can have the kind of success the great Oklahoma State has had. 1 BCS win! 1 Heisman Winner! Wow, that's a serious long list of tradition right there in 100 years. I'd say the state of Connecticut has won more Heisman Trophies than OSU but we don't want to ride the coattails of Yale like you enjoy riding the coattails of in-state big brother OU. Congrats on all of your amazing accomplishments! I guess we will see you at the White House this year, eh okie? Did you hear we are going twice? We're on a first name basis with Barack, you know. Well, no you probably don't know. It's been a looooooooooooooong time since Harry was in office, eh okie?
If you had beat OU and won a Heisman you would be in a power conference. Let that sink in. If you could manage to accomplish what OSU has done you would be in a power conference. Since you have not you are stuck in the AAC. Keep trying, someday you might be on OSU's level.

Reaction Score
Yes. And our capacity is 40k, so it was 95% full. In 2006 your average attendance was 41K. Is that so much more impressive?
So you figured out that if you take our worst year averaging 41k compared to your best year of averaging 38k. You almost catch up when you compare it that way. nice try.

Our worst year is still better than your best year. Now we are averaging double what you do. Let that sink in.

There is no way to spin that in a positive manner.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If OSU is Big 12 dead weight then what are you? The best of the leftovers? King of the AAC? Heck in reality you re not even one of the top FB programs in the AAC. That is pretty bad.

Tune in to the next PGA golf tournament, you will see plenty of OSU golfers.

I'll tune into PGA when I'm 95 and can no longer see straight, thank you very much. Until then, I guess I will have to see OSU grads in WWE? Is that what they're calling it now a days?

Enjoy the articles about our basketball teams going to the White House. Not that you would know anything about that, since Harry Truman was the last President your revenue sports have met. LAffin.

Reaction Score
Because you are below Pitt, you fool. Pitt has 9 national championships IN FOOTBALL. One of them was in 1976, well after Civil Rights. They also have a Heisman Trophy winner so 1-1 there.

9-0 National Championships: advantage Pitt
1-1 Heisman Trophy winners: tie
0-0 Spring Games due to lack of interest: tie

Pitt > OSU.

Numbers don't lie, glass house. LAffin.
Yea Pitt is in a real good place right now. On their what 5th coach in the last 4 years. I just hope we can be like Pitt someday. LAffin.

Jeezus you people are trying hard but only making yourself look bad in the process.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hey Fishy...

Are we getting closer to banishment? Dude's a big-time troll.

Ban or post this kid's phone number so we can all call him nonstop. We've had some pretty stupid trolls come on here but I don't think anyone has been as dense as this clown. My guess is he's some 15 year squirt unfamiliar with just how pathetic Oklahoma State is at everything it does. He'll keep on typing until his Mommy calls him for supper.

Reaction Score
So you figured out that if you take our worst year averaging 41k compared to your best year of averaging 38k. You almost catch up when you compare it that way. nice try.

Our worst year is still better than your best year. Now we are averaging double what you do. Let that sink in.

There is no way to spin that in a positive manner.
Haha. The actual moral was that it was a year when both our stadiums were roughly the same size, and we both played real teams.

Glad you got this out of it, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline