Top markets for the game | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Top markets for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll tune into PGA when I'm 95 and can no longer see straight, thank you very much. Until then, I guess I will have to see OSU grads in WWE? Is that what they're calling it now a days?

Enjoy the articles about our basketball teams going to the White House. Not that you would know anything about that, since Harry Truman was the last President your revenue sports have met. LAffin.
Hopefully the trip to the white house will fix your fan support problems and conference issues. Oh wait. You still won't have respectable attendance and will still be in the AAC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yea Pitt is in a real good place right now. On their what 5th coach in the last 4 years. I just hope we can be like Pitt someday. LAffin.

Jeezus you people are trying hard but only making yourself look bad in the process.

...and still more national titles than you! I wonder if Pitt boasts about their Wrestling program as much as you boast about OSU's?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hopefully the trip to the white house will fix your fan support problems and conference issues. Oh wait. You still won't have respectable attendance and will still be in the AAC.

And people will call us the best at what we win while people will call you only if they don't get into Oklahoma or Tulsa.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Can't see how it would hurt. Tell us okie, did you guys get a spike in attendance after you went to visit Truman?

Reaction Score
Ban or post this kid's phone number so we can all call him nonstop. We've had some pretty stupid trolls come on here but I don't think anyone has been as dense as this clown. My guess is he's some 15 year squirt unfamiliar with just how pathetic Oklahoma State is at everything it does. He'll keep on typing until his Mommy calls him for supper.
What rule would you say I am breaking? Standing up for myself? Remember I was nice for the first 50 insults. I finally has enough and started talking back. If you want to ban for insults you should see who was doing the insulting first.

Might as well ban me so you can get abck to the circle jerk about how dumb all the conferences and TV execs are for not adding UConn. You completely forget that they skipped you for a reason. But you dont' want to be realistic about it. Much easier to play the victim and claim ESPN, BC, and the B1G have a conspiracy against UConn, instead of just admitting that you are not that valuable because of your FB shortcomings.

Reaction Score
And people will call us the best at what we win while people will call you only if they don't get into Oklahoma or Tulsa.
Yea people in Big 12 country do remember UConn. The worst team to ever play in a BCS bowl, 4 loos co-champ of a joke of a conference.

Do a poll of CFB fans and ask them to name a coach or player at OU, OSU, UConn, and BC. I doubt most people even know 1 player or coach from UConn or BC, but almost all could name Gundy and Stoops and likely a couple of players.

If you asked about WBB coaches UConn woud win by a landslide. You are more of a WBB and BB school. . Uconn fits right in with the ACC.

Reaction Score
Lets talk recruiting. I was just looking at ESPN. For 2013 you did not even make the top 75. And you are not listed for 2014. Looks like you are really not doing well recruiting.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?class=2013

I finally found you in the scout ranking for 2014. Looks like a great class. I know you hate to admit it but your recruiting looks like dog dookie. I would not expect the team to get better until you can recruit a top 50 class. 119 is a joke. Just look at the teams around you. Those are your recruiting equals. LAffin.
112. Georgia State 25Sun Belt 5560001151001872.04
113. Central Michigan 17MAC 54500047911702.24
114. Old Dominion 32Conf USA 5440001141622662.03
115. South Alabama 24Sun Belt 537000191321682.04
116. North Texas 21Conf USA 524000212811922.10
117. New Mexico State 27Sun Belt 5210000141302522.00
118. Eastern Michigan 19MAC 473000110901812.05
119. Connecticut 16AAC 47000039701602.19
120. Louisiana-Monroe 22Sun Belt 4620000111102022.00
121. Kent State 21MAC 460000191112102.05
122. Wyoming 22MWC 443000014802022.00
123. Georgia Southern 19Sun Belt 439000111801452.05
124. UNLV 19MWC 429000271111182.11
125. Troy 15Sun Belt 36000017803122.07
If you were wondering OU and OSU are #13 and #14. Just over 100 places better than UConn. Yet another piece of information that confirms your place in the pecking order of college football.
13. Oklahoma 26Big 12 328631617161002423.23
14. Oklahoma State 28Big 12 321901718111612533.25

How are you going to spin this?

Reaction Score
Can't see how it would hurt. Tell us okie, did you guys get a spike in attendance after you went to visit Truman?
no but the BCS win helped a bunch. so does recruiting top 25 classes. I see that you are wrapping up a great recruiting year in the top 125 as 119. congrats. You should have big expectations for kids with almost no talent. But it should work in the ACC. I have a feeling that SMU, Houston, UCF, USF, and ECU are going to have their way with your program in the coming years. Did the visit with the president help shore up your top 125 recruiting class or did you do that on your own?

Reaction Score
...and still more national titles than you! I wonder if Pitt boasts about their Wrestling program as much as you boast about OSU's?
I never mentioned wrestling, your fans did. Another fail for you. Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?

Reaction Score
If you have so many fans why dont' they show up for FB games? That is where your theory blows up. You can claim to have all the fans in the world, but when you have games with only 17k and 22k fans it proves that you dont' have many fans. The attendance numbers prove my point. Nice try but actual attendance is a whole lot more valuable then made up fan base numbers.

Let's put things in perspective shall we?

Things to do in CT besides UCONN:

NY Giants
New England Patriots
NY Jets
NY Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Bruins
Islands
Mets
Rangers
Celtics
Knicks

Things to do in Oklahoma:

OU
Thunder

Am I missing anything?

Dooley

Reaction Score
I never mentioned wrestling, your fans did. Another fail for you. Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?

Then tell me okielite, how many National Championships has OSU won again? You said 51, right? 34 of them Wrestling. You should be used to failing being an OSU fan.

Dooley

Reaction Score
no but the BCS win helped a bunch. so does recruiting top 25 classes. I see that you are wrapping up a great recruiting year in the top 125 as 119. congrats. You should have big expectations for kids with almost no talent. But it should work in the ACC. I have a feeling that SMU, Houston, UCF, USF, and ECU are going to have their way with your program in the coming years. Did the visit with the president help shore up your top 125 recruiting class or did you do that on your own?

And yet with our awful recruiting classes we still have the same number of BCS bowl games as the almighty OSU Cowboys! And more guys in the NFL than OSU. It's a shame that such talented kids decide to throw away their lives at a safety school such as OSU. Maybe they can join the Wrestling program?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yea people in Big 12 country do remember UConn. The worst team to ever play in a BCS bowl, 4 loos co-champ of a joke of a conference.

Do a poll of CFB fans and ask them to name a coach or player at OU, OSU, UConn, and BC. I doubt most people even know 1 player or coach from UConn or BC, but almost all could name Gundy and Stoops and likely a couple of players.

If you asked about WBB coaches UConn woud win by a landslide. You are more of a WBB and BB school. . Uconn fits right in with the ACC.

That's cute. Because nobody anywhere remembers OSU in anything because you've done nothing (my apologies to wrestling and golf fans on the 'Yard). Our WBB team would beat your football team in any sport, including football, except wrestling. You guys have wrestling wrapped up. When's Wrestlemania? Got to be quite the OSU reunion! More guys in the WWE than the NFL or NBA. Keep up the great work, son!

Reaction Score
Let's put things in perspective shall we?

Things to do in CT besides UCONN:

NY Giants
New England Patriots
NY Jets
NY Yankees
Boston Red Sox
Bruins
Islands
Mets
Rangers
Celtics
Knicks

Things to do in Oklahoma:

OU
Thunder

Am I missing anything?
Oklahoma has more people than Connecticut. So it is likely that there are more things to do in Oklahoma than Connecticut. Connecticut has no pro sports, Oklahoma has the Thunder. Oklahoma has 3 FBS programs compared to your 1.

More people, more FBS colleges, better college TV markets, and a NBA team. That is what Oklahoma has over Connecticut.

Things to do in Oklahoma
Go to TU game
OSU game
OU game
Thunder
WNBA

Things to do in Connecticut
Go to UConn game.

I don't count things in other states as they have nothing to do with Oklahoma or Connecticut. Things in Texas, Kansas, NY, Massachusetts, etc have nothing to do with Oklahoma and Connecticut.

Dooley

Reaction Score
What rule would you say I am breaking? Standing up for myself? Remember I was nice for the first 50 insults. I finally has enough and started talking back. If you want to ban for insults you should see who was doing the insulting first.

Might as well ban me so you can get abck to the circle jerk about how dumb all the conferences and TV execs are for not adding UConn. You completely forget that they skipped you for a reason. But you dont' want to be realistic about it. Much easier to play the victim and claim ESPN, BC, and the B1G have a conspiracy against UConn, instead of just admitting that you are not that valuable because of your FB shortcomings.

I'd say that you've been found guilty of not carrying any conference weight since 1948. Guilty on all counts! Thank goodness for grandfathering clauses, that's all.

Reaction Score
And yet with our awful recruiting classes we still have the same number of BCS bowl games as the almighty OSU Cowboys! And more guys in the NFL than OSU. It's a shame that such talented kids decide to throw away their lives at a safety school such as OSU. Maybe they can join the Wrestling program?
Yep. Your program is going the wrong direction. Even other AAC teams are kicking your butt recruiting. If you were thinking that the FB program was going to start looking better you better hope the recruiting gets turned around. You are literally losing kids to MAC schools. Let that sink in.

With crappy football you have little chance of getting a seat at the big boys table. With crappy recruits is it unlikely you will be improving anytime soon. Get comfortable in the AAC.

OTOH OSU recruiting is looking good as usual.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Oklahoma has more people than Connecticut. So it is likely that there are more things to do in Oklahoma than Connecticut. Connecticut has no pro sports, Oklahoma has the Thunder. Oklahoma has 3 FBS programs compared to your 1.

More people, more FBS colleges, better college TV markets, and a NBA team. That is what Oklahoma has over Connecticut.

Things to do in Oklahoma
Go to TU game
OSU game
OU game
Thunder
WNBA

Go to UConn game.

I don't count things in other states as they have nothing to do with Oklahoma or Connecticut. Things in Texas, Kansas, NY, Massachusetts, etc have nothing to do with Oklahoma and Connecticut.

Thank you. I think you just made our point for us. UCONN is the only game in town and people are Husky crazy (including you!)!!!!

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yep. Your program is going the wrong direction. Even other AAC teams are kicking your butt recruiting. If you were thinking that the FB program was going to start looking better you better hope the recruiting gets turned around. You are literally losing kids to MAC schools. Let that sink in.

With crappy football you have little chance of getting a seat at the big boys table. With crappy recruits is it unlikely you will be improving anytime soon. Get comfortable in the AAC.

OTOH OSU recruiting is looking good as usual.

Didn't answer my question, as always. How is it that UCONN has more guys in the NFL than OSU? Under-recruited players come to UCONN and leave as NFL diamonds. Diamonds go to OSU and leave as busts. Congrats on shattering so many young men's dreams!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Let's say, hypothetically, that you are demonstrably correct that UConn has been skipped for a reason and will never get lifted to a P5 conference. Even if that is true, what the fuc& do you care? You can sing to the top of your lungs all across the internet that UConn sucks, but yet you choose to come here to educate us all - why?

And how long do you think it would take before I got banned from the OSU board when I point out all of OSU's short-comings. Like how, until by dumb luck retrievable natural gas was found in OK, you had a paltry 50,000 seat stadium that was often unfilled despite over 100 years of football, how you are absolutely dwarfed in your own state in terms of success/attendance/ratings/financial commitments, how you have won 3 conference titles in 100 years - 1926, 1976 and 2011, and how for all of your success you are a whole 9 games over .500 all-time.

Reaction Score
Here is another thing to keep in perspective:

Things to do in Oklahoma
Go to TU game
OSU game
OU game
Thunder
WNBA

Go to UConn game.

Here is something else you need to keep in mind when it comes to market size and worth:

Per capita income in CT (as of 2012): $58,908.00 (ranked #1 in the country)
Per capita income in OKlahoma (as of 2012): $39,006 (ranked #32 in the country)

http://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-pci.htm

Population in CT: 3.6M with 1 D1A team
Population in OK: 3.85M with 3 D1A teams

Between income, size of the state, and number of D1A teams, which state is worth more to a conference? I know even you know the answer to this one.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma has more people than Connecticut. So it is likely that there are more things to do in Oklahoma than Connecticut. I don't count things in other states as they have nothing to do with Oklahoma or Connecticut.

You are wonderfully dense. Connecticut is the 4th most densely populated state. Meaning that people are near each other (more metropolitan areas with things to do), and it's near NYC and Boston.

Oklahoma is the 35th most densely populated state. Lots of farm land...lots of boredom...people far apart.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Here is another thing to keep in perspective:

Here is something else you need to keep in mind when it comes to market size and worth:

Per capita income in CT (as of 2012): $58,908.00 (ranked #1 in the country)
Per capita income in OKlahoma (as of 2012): $39,006 (ranked #32 in the country)

http://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-pci.htm

Population in CT: 3.6M with 1 D1A team
Population in OK: 3.85M with 3 D1A teams

Between income, size of the state, and number of D1A teams, which state is worth more to a conference? I know even you know the answer to this one.

Be prepared for shock and awe. Okielite isn't as good at math as he likes to think he is. Thankfully he's not a TV Exec or else he'd claim that $1.7M people in Birmingham, AL is more valuable than 2.9M people in NYC!

Dooley

Reaction Score
Okie dokie, the hayseed be gone.

Well, I had a fun wasting my day messing with him. Fly lil' hayseed, fly! I hope his landing is softer than the one OSU will get the day Texas and OU leave the B12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom