The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a well rounded group of guys. Ummmmm, credit to Sandy for putting this together.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So with deGrom surprising with a dud last night, maybe Thor surprises with his first strong road performance tonight?

Now more than ever, I guess Ya Gotta Believe!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So with deGrom surprising with a dud last night, maybe Thor surprises with his first strong road performance tonight?
Or not.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tonight should be interesting. Things are boiling over with the Phils. I understand the upset over the Robles quick pitch, but Bowa still fuming at Murph over the prior night's bat flip and threatening to bean him shows that they really are coming unglued over the Mets' recent dominance of them. It sure is a turning of the tables for us long-suffering Mets fans, who have been owned by the Phils for quite a while before this.

Glad to see Noah finally get a road win, despite not having a very strong performance again.

Last edited:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Quick pitching is a thing in baseball. Yeah there's some kind of common courtesy where you wait for the batter to be ready, but there are also simple rules (put your damn hand up when you get in the box) that prevent the pitcher from throwing a pitch before you are ready. You know who whines about common courtesy? Losers. I got quick pitched once when I was like 14 and it never happened again because I just made sure to ask for time when I got in the box.

The Phillies are implementing the classic Philadelphia attitude of we suck so we're going to get over the top angry about everything. Reminiscent of Flyers teams refusing to simply let hockey games end 4-0. They have to start a bunch of fights in the last two minutes to let you know they mean business.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Pretty fun to see the Mets fans with some fight in them again! LOL
It's pretty fun to actually care when they make mistakes instead of just rolling my eyes. That's when you know they're in the hunt.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Uribe will hit 2 HRs tonight and we win 17-14. Or The ILBC thread will get resurrected if he fires a gem

mets1090

Reaction Score
I'm starting to really believe they will take this division...
I started to believe about a week ago. Now I'm actually confident, which as we all know is dangerous territory.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
7 games up with 17 to go in 2007 and we still blew it.

I believe, but I'm not counting any chickens unless/until we know we are more than three games up on October 1st.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I just try to remind myself that the type of lead they blew in 2007 was (1) a 1% type of deal and (2) has no bearing on this season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hope it doesn't come down to it, but I'm going to the Saturday game against the Nats on the penultimate day of the season, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us to clinch it then.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Ditto Rico. I have tickets to all three games. I have awesome seats to the Friday game which I'll be using myself no matter what but for Saturday and Sunday, if they already have it clinched I'm just going to try to sell them for whatever I can get and use that money towards my playoff tickets.

At the end of the day, just make the playoffs. I don't really care how you do it. Though I do prefer it's not some wild scramble where they're up 3.5 going into that series, get swept, and then they need the Nats to lose their make up game to the Reds. I don't know that I can take that kind of despair and stress.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I dunno. I think I have higher hopes and expectations than you guys. With our schedule and new lineup we should cruise to the playoffs if we play to our potential.

And the playoffs are no longer my goal. I want to win the damn thing. This is a whole new team since the trade deadline. The Pittsburgh series is the only one that concerned me, but every game was close and we have improved even since then. The Cubs games before the deadline are no indication of anything any more, and we've played all the other teams we might face well enough that I think we match up well with all of them. Our bench now is stronger than our starting lineup was before the deadline.

Oh, and the Torres-Murphy play last night was just ridiculous. That's the kind of stuff that used to happen to us, now we're the ones pulling it off.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I'm very confident they're going to make it. How could you not be? They're up 6.5 games, rolling through a weak schedule like any playoff team should (even better than expected), and the Nationals continue to not impress.

I'd probably put the odds over 70% at this point. It's just that a lot can happen in 30 some odd games so I don't care to talk too much about the postseason as a given fact just yet. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't already have a playoff roster set in my mind...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hesitated to post this earlier this morning, but I read that their playoff odds are now 86% after last night's game.

Of course, with the Red Sox in town tonight, that number leads me to conclude that it's fate for us now.

Reaction Score
I'm not as worried about some collapse as in year's past because:

a) Their strength of schedule is so low the rest of the way and,
b) Their starting pitching doesn't have a weak spot. Any one of them can go out and throw 8 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER on any day of the week against anyone.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I just can't bring myself to be confident enough to think the Mets will win the division. Call it stupidity. Call it mojo. Call it superstition - don't care.

Just call me if we clinch, ok?

mets1090

Reaction Score
Hey don't worry pep, I don't blame anyone for not being confident or not letting themselves be confident. You gotta do what you gotta do for the mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom