The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Instant karma gonna get you...

I guess another way to conserve innings is to get shelled.

In the biggest start of your career.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy crap. I can't believe what I'm watching.

Reaction Score
Even if Nats win today and tomorrow there is nothing that makes me think they can go on a run.

Reaction Score
Mets pressing their foot down on Nationals throats. What a comeback. Wilmer got that rally started tonight in the 7th with two outs.

Reaction Score
Special team. Special season. They get contributions from absolutely everyone on the roster. And I'm starting to think that Robles, Reed, Clippard and Familia could be a pretty tough end lot.

Reaction Score
It sure seems like it might be your year gentlemen - and I use that term very loosely.

Reaction Score
I know I haven't been posting on the Met's board here with you guys but as a huge long-time fan, isn't it incredible where this team has come from this year? We knew we had the pitching. I made it up to Citi Field on July 2nd vs the Cubs this year. We were 0-6 against the Cubs at that point, had scored 0 runs in the previous 2 games against them, and this was the lineup I saw:

Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO #P AVG OBP SLG
Granderson RF
Ceciliani CF
Murphy 3B
Duda 1B
Flores 2B
Campbell LF
Monell C
deGrom P
Verrett P
a-Mayberry Jr. PH
A. Torres P
Tejada SS

People on the radio on the way down were saying we should boycott Mets' games until they make the necessary moves to get some bats, and suggesting we should flat-out ignore the team. Obviously, that was an awful game to attend knowing that, but I don't get up there often from Charlotte so I wasn't about to miss it.

This team is INSANE right now the way they are playing and the mojo is off the charts. Never would I believe years ago we would have come back from that 7-1 deficit after the 2007 season. Our offense and bullpen is now carrying us to victory, let's hope the starting pitching can uniform become what they were earlier this season if we get to the playoffs. I made sure I have mlb.tv so I can watch as many games as possible, and it is easily the first time since 2006 I've felt they have a chance. I want the Cardinals in the NLCS and I want to break their hearts. LGM.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
During the comeback I said "This is the type of game the Mets would have been on the losing end of in 2007." What a great win.

Great news about Cespedes waiving the 5 day clause. I thought they had no chance to resign him simply because he'd be a fool not to test the market. Now at least they can see how everything settles (particularly what happens with Murphy) and have time to figure out if they can afford him at the market price (which is likely to be like 7 years $150 million at this point).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
During the comeback I said "This is the type of game the Mets would have been on the losing end of in 2007." What a great win.
When it got to 7-1, I thought to myself, "This is the type of game I normally turn off, but something tells me this could still get interesting." So I kept it on.

I still have no idea what should or will be done about the Harvey situation, but it's pretty remarkable to me that we have deGrom and Strasburg going against each other tonight and I've yet to read or hear a word of discussion about that match-up in the hours of voracious reading and listening I have done about the Mets between last night and now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Can we please give Yoenis Cespedes $250 million in the offseason? Amazing.

Reaction Score
Can we please give Yoenis Cespedes $250 million in the offseason? Amazing.

Pay the man!!!

Can the Nats hearts be any more ripped out than they are after this series?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Awesome! Sweeeeeep! Making even the doofus Collins look good!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If d'Arnauld manages to stay healthy for all of 2016, he could have some monster numbers by the end of the season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Cespedes will be 30 in October. Or 34. Who knows? He's Cuban.

4 teams in last 2 seasons. Next year will be the fifth.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If they couldn't get Gomez or Bruce then they ain't getting Cespedes.

We've all been wrong about a lot of stuff with the Mets this year; I hope you're wrong again.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but do you remember how badly the A's dropped off two years ago when they decided they should trade him for Jon Lester? They thought pitching would be more important and ruined their formula. It seems pretty clear to me that everyone in the clubhouse likes Cespedes and his numbers speak for themselves. I think he is the power bat we've been waiting for and needed since Carlos Delgado fell off, Beltran's injuries started, etc. And let's be honest, this isn't going to be another Jason Bay or Luis Castillo debacle where we pay for a guy and he never shows up. Some people can play and thrive in New York, and Cespedes has shown he's got it.

To me, it's just whether the Wilpons decide to actually pony up the cash for a big name bat. It sucks that Cespedes will likely demand a few more years on his contract than we'd like to pay, but that seems to be the reality these days. I'm would also bet that if his athleticism wanes towards the tail end of his contract, that he will be very enticing as a DH to an AL team in a trade.

Reaction Score

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched him the last month.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

That happened with Vida Guerra. For many years it was stated she was born in 1980 and eventually it was revealed she was born in 1974. That's not relevant really, but since my icon is gone I figured I'd find a way to bring a bit of Vida back to the board.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Spoken like someone who hasn't watched him the last month.
I've seen how contract years can motivate. Cespedes is a great hitter. Kills the ball. Just don't think the Mets will pony up 120 million for him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've seen how contract years can motivate. Cespedes is a great hitter. Kills the ball. Just don't think the Mets will pony up 120 million for him.
I think they would be happy to pay that; but he will command more--potentially much more if he keeps going anything close to the way he is going now, especially if the Mets keep going.

Not sure the Coupons will go as far as the market may be willing to pay for him, especially that team across town.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Let's TCB and not collapse. Then we can worry about signing him after the canyon parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom