The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a great lunch.

And Maine Beer's Lunch IPA on tap taboot!

Glad they got enough of a lead for Thor to save some innings off his arm.

Sandy looks like a genius. I was thinking today of comparing the lineup on, say, July 26th with today. Amazing. Especially considering how many runs have been generated by guys who weren't here a few weeks ago, and how much better our previously fair-to-decent hitters are doing now that pitchers have to pitch to them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was just thinking about the last mid-week day game we had, that one in the rain against the Padres where we blew a 7-1 lead, and it looked like things were about as bleak as could be. Since then, we're 11-2 and have outscored opponents 69-30. Now FOUR (!!) games up on the Nats. Am I dreaming?

Reaction Score
And the Nats get to stroll into the park tonight with the Final score already posted. Sitting 4 back, could be 4.5 by the end of the night. Let's see what Strasburg brings or what Werth/Harper and their yapping mouths do.

Reaction Score
And the Nats get to stroll into the park tonight with the Final score already posted. Sitting 4 back, could be 4.5 by the end of the night. Let's see what Strasburg brings or what Werth/Harper and their yapping mouths do.

Wow "yapping mouths" huh. How quickly despair becomes arrogance. LOL Can't blame you with that staff and the refresh button with your hitters. Timing is everything.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Crazy part to me is that on Sunday Werth and Zimmerman hit 3 homeruns with Scherzer on the mound and they lost. And that was against the same time that the Mets just swept in a 4 game series.

I've said it before and I stand by it. I think the Nationals were given far too much credit coming into this season. Their pitchers performed way over their heads last year and it just wasn't going to happen again. With the Mets adding 3 bats and a solid reliever, they're a playoff team. Obviously it's not going to keep going as well as it is now, but the talent is there to make a run into October.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Nah, they always had yapping mouths. Especially Harper. Punk.
I love Bryce Harper. I think sports are in need of villains. Of course I hope he strikes out with the game on the line and that the Nationals in the lineup but that's besides the point.

I guess maybe I should say I love to hate him. Chipper was the same way. The real problem is that the Mets always suck so they never give them their comeuppance. Hopefully this is the year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love Bryce Harper. I think sports are in need of villains. Of course I hope he strikes out with the game on the line and that the Nationals in the lineup but that's besides the point.

I guess maybe I should say I love to hate him. Chipper was the same way. The real problem is that the Mets always suck so they never give them their comeuppance. Hopefully this is the year.
I agree with all this, except I didn't hate Chipper--I just hated facing him because he killed us, but he seemed like a good dude. Harper seems like a genuine jerk.

Reaction Score
Wow "yapping mouths" huh. How quickly despair becomes arrogance. LOL Can't blame you with that staff and the refresh button with your hitters. Timing is everything.

The series they got outplayed and out pitched both of them had bitchy sound bytes. And Werth was hitting like .202 when he said it. And Werth is still and ex-Phillie to me.

Reaction Score
Nah, they always had yapping mouths. Especially Harper. Punk.

I can't say much about Harper, will eventually wear the pinstripes I'm guessing. But I can see it no doubt.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Gotta say it, much as it hurts.
Props to Sandy. Uribe, Johnson, Cespides (for the Restuvus) and Clippard. Great adds.
Let's Go Mets!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I agree with all this, except I didn't hate Chipper--I just hated facing him because he killed us, but he seemed like a good dude. Harper seems like a genuine jerk.

He's a nutjob. He tweeted out that the Sandy Hook shooting was faked and that America should put alligators at the border with Mexico to eat any illegals trying to cross.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He's a nutjob. He tweeted out that the Sandy Hook shooting was faked
Hadn't heard that about Chipper or didn't remember, but just checked it out and that is troubling--looks like he apologized and owned it though, so I give him credit for that.

mets1090

Reaction Score
He's a nutjob. He tweeted out that the Sandy Hook shooting was faked and that America should put alligators at the border with Mexico to eat any illegals trying to cross.
Wow that's like legitimately insane. (Edit: Just read what he tweeted and while it's incredibly stupid, I wouldn't say it's insane. He heard that the FBI said it was a hoax but obviously it was just some nonsense tinfoil hat type sources saying that.)

And you have to hate Chipper. He named one of his sons Shea because he hit so well there. That's the biggest I can think of lol.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A propos of nothing, but I'm getting tired of Keith's repeating his Archie Bell & the Drells "Tighten Up" reference, and I've been thinking he needs a new one given our recent surge. Just heard this on Sirius and figured it would be perfect:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And so the 7th game of a nine-game stretch in which the Bucs play every division leader continues to go well. Now 5-2.

Always fun to watch wily old Colon pitch. And at least Colon has the professionalism to attempt to jog/walk down to 1b after a dropped 3rd strike, unlike Cespedes. Collins seriously lets him get away with that crap?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Another tough loss in extra innings, leaving us 0-12 vs. the Bucs and Cubs this season. The Cespedes throw was awesome, but I wish it meant something.

Clearly we have to win the division because we're not touching the wild card. Thankfully the Nats are obliging and continuing to lose.

Need Harvey to come up big today--and the offense to come up even bigger.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Another tough loss in extra innings, leaving us 0-12 vs. the Bucs and Cubs this season. The Cespedes throw was awesome, but I wish it meant something.

Clearly we have to win the division because we're not touching the wild card. Thankfully the Nats are obliging and continuing to lose.

Need Harvey to come up big today--and the offense to come up even bigger.

Good chance for a Mets win today because Locke pretty much sucks and needs a "pitcher's ump" to do well. Locke can't even get lefties out this year.

Look at the bright side, barring an unlikely Cardinals collapse, Mets will not see either Bucs or Cubs in the NLDS.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fark. We're gonna get swept. Might as well leave Parnell in for the rest of the game now and let him get pounded in the bed he made. Save the rest of the arms for games we don't throw away.

Maybe the Nats will be kind enough to lose again.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I think Parnell needs to be DFA. He can't be effective with a flat 93 MPH fastball and I don't see him magically rediscovering his ability to get people out over the next 40+ games. Montero should be able to come back soon, having made 3 rehab appearances. Robles has a 2.04 ERA in his last 17.2 IP. I think at this point he's gotta be the 7th inning guy.

Anyway, the Pirates are a good club. Obviously you never like to get swept, let alone at home, but it happens. As long as they stop the bleeding against Baltimore I don't think it's all that concerning.

The Nationals were basically just embarrassed by the Giants so the Mets are still in fine shape. I don't care if they win the division with 85 wins. Just get in the playoffs and hope the staff can carry you.

Reaction Score
Good: The Mets got swept and still have a 4.5 game lead.
Good: Wright looks like he's getting closer to being back.
Bad: The record against the Cubs and Pirates (0-12).
Bad: Rain wasting a good start from Harvey.
Good: Cespedes. I love watching the guy. He has an electricity to him.
Bad: Parnell. Wow. He looks really, really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom