Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...but I have never seen players arrested at practice before.
I have, at UConn in either 89 or 90. This has nothing to do with this thread, you just reminded me of it. Two staties came onto the hill (practice field) and walked a player who shall remain nameless off the field to their cruiser. It was from a fight at an off campus bar the night before. Was kinda funny actually. Nothing came of it, no charges ever pressed as every witnesses vouched that he did not start it and was defending himself against (and kicking the snot out of) a drunk idiot, but still a funny memory. It still comes up from time to time while reminiscing.

Sorry to interrupt....back to your regularly scheduled program.

Reaction Score
Nicky I am going to ask you this question not as a UCONN fan but as a College Football fan...Are you confident in Julie Herrman that if she had to she would make the right hire for RU to replace Kyle Flood.....and do you think that ANY coach worth his salt as a college football coach would take a job at RU with Barchi and Herrman as his boss? As a UCONN fan I was happy for RU to get into the B1G...hoping that they would pave the way for UCONN down the road. As a college sports fan..specifically college football I was appalled at how Barchi threw Pernetti under the bus...then hired about as inept a candidate for AD as was in the final pool. I wish you guys good luck this season...and I hope for the RU football fan base that Flood makes it through this mess without getting fired. As for the Cuse fan base...they are going to have something to say about ANY other program but their's. they are just background noise..same as Louisville fans.
No FDNY i'm not....and Barchi is a spineless jellyfish that i'm afraid might get in front of the press again...he's like blood to a shark IMO...I loved Tyler Phommachanh. Its a shame NJ has so many political appointees who are in over their head. Christie is where it starts. Good luck and health on 47th and Eighth...I'm very familiar with your station from the seventies through the nineties. HCKF though has earned my respect and love his Queens,NYC background...you know what i mean...service oriented family.SUPPOSEDLY Barchi is there for the Med school assimilation and that only..but how long will he take.

Reaction Score
Rutgers has a lot of potential. It is in the B1G. It's 40 miles and a 50 minute train ride from Times Square. Its AAU. It's located in a very populous relatively wealthy state. Its located in a territory that provides very good football recruiting and above average basketball recruiting. But, until the University fixes its leadership issues, Rutgers is screwed. Plus, outside of the football stadium, most of their athletic facilities are well below average for the B1G. No big name, even with all advantages, is going to want to coach there. Barchi was hired personally by Christie to manage Rutgers' acquisition of UMDNJ and has no experience in P5 athletics and and shown no interest in it. Pernetti, who was a competent AD, was thrown under the bus to save Barchi's hide because Barchi is untouchable for as long as Christie is Governor of the State. No one has a clue how Hermann was even hired, (maybe the only one who applied?) and has done nothing but attack the press and put her foot in her mouth at every opportunity. She has issued a single, 2 sentence statement about theses arrests since it happened last week. That is insane. I may have asked a former Rutgers guy last spring if he would trust Hermann running our town rec department, never mind a multi-million dollar P5 college athletic business, and he said, 'no.' Also, there is a cadre within the Rutgers' Faculty leadership who not only hate the 'subsidy' that the University gives to the athletic department ($47 million in 2014), which is understandable; but, they believe they are Princeton U North and want to get rid of the athletic department all together. Its a mess.
No Conehead...Of 3 finalists it came down to ex Wiscky AAD Sean Frazier and her....2nd time he applied..he really wanted and deserved the job IMO...lots applied.

Reaction Score
IMHO Schiano won't go back there...he has seen what happened to Pernetti...and now to Flood..someone who he is friendly with according to an article I saw last wk. Until they get a AD with some balls...and that won't happen till Barchi goes..and that won't happen till Christie goes...I don't see any coach at all decent taking that job.
Funny thing is Addazio wanted it but was told he had to keep most of or at least now HCKF to hold together a top 25 recruiting class at that time and only lost 1 to BC... a 3 star ST PETERS PREP TE. I forget his name.

Reaction Score
Rutgers makes the B1G money in two ways: AAU research dollars and cable boxes. We all know the mess they bring from an AD standpoint and I think the B1G has quickly learned that they have a high maintenance, low reward athletic department as a member now. But what's done is done. The good news for B1G football: the conference heavyweights can very easily go into NJ and pluck out the top talent because Rutgers poses no threat to Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Wisconsin, Mich St, etc. They'll likely face steeper recruiting competition from SEC/ACC schools than Rutgers.

The ironic thing is that if Rutgers ever got their together, canned their AD and hired a half-competentent AD in her stead that brought in a good football coach ($2M-$4M/yr range) and hoops coach ($2M/yr range), they could be successful. But when you see the sun rise each and every morning and it shines on the incompetent RU athletic department that we've all grown fond of mocking, you come to expect to see incompetence every day.
Those big schools with rare exception always could...NJ has always been B1G country.

Reaction Score
IMHO Schiano won't go back there...he has seen what happened to Pernetti...and now to Flood..someone who he is friendly with according to an article I saw last wk. Until they get a AD with some balls...and that won't happen till Barchi goes..and that won't happen till Christie goes...I don't see any coach at all decent taking that job.
Only way GS might go back is if he can pick the AD. I though think he reached a ceiling and was to overbearing into running the stupid wildcat Offense...he should of let a Fridgeon type run his O...leave him with the D and STs.

Reaction Score
No FDNY i'm not....and Barchi is a spineless jellyfish that i'm afraid might get in front of the press again...he's like blood to a shark IMO...I loved Tyler Phommachanh. Its a shame NJ has so many political appointees who are in over their head. Christie is where it starts. Good luck and health on 47th and Eighth...I'm very familiar with your station from the seventies through the nineties. HCKF though has earned my respect and love his Queens,NYC background...you know what i mean...service oriented family.SUPPOSEDLY Barchi is there for the Med school assimilation and that only..but how long will he take.
My fh is on 43 between 10&11...BUT I know those guys well. Thanks...

Reaction Score
I love these threads that call out Rutgers for the clown show it is, but until NYC sinks into the sea it's not gonna matter.

Fight on, Cable Box U.

Reaction Score
ahhh....i lived near there in then newish Manhatten Plaza or Towers on nineth/Tenth btw 42 and 43rd and on 44th and Nineth in a walk up. My old stomping grounds....now called Clinton. I worked security for Tennessee Wms when he passed in Eighty i believe.

Reaction Score
No Conehead...Of 3 finalists it came down to ex Wiscky AAD Sean Frazier and her....2nd time he applied..he really wanted and deserved the job IMO...lots applied.

Then either the others guys are somehow worse or Hermann has pictures of Christie directing traffic at the GWB because no one I know understands how she was selected.

Reaction Score
Then either the others guys are somehow worse or Hermann has pictures of Christie directing traffic at the GWB because no one I know understands how she was selected.
If I'm not mistaken RU was EXTREMELY "encouraged" by Delany to hire Frazier.

Reaction Score
FDNY saved me a few years back. There was a fire at 46th and 10th last week that you all bravely tried your best to save a woman trapped. I know someone from that building who fortunately was not there at the time. FDNY is the best. I know this has nothing to do with RU, but since it was posted I felt a need to reply. Thank you.

Reaction Score
Steve Politi ‏@StevePoliti · 6h6 hours ago
Rutgers has called a special BOG meeting for Friday to discuss matters "regarding athletics matters and anticipated or pending litigation."

Reaction Score
Steve Politi ‏@StevePoliti · 6h6 hours ago
Rutgers has called a special BOG meeting for Friday to discuss matters "regarding athletics matters and anticipated or pending litigation."

My tax dollars hard at work :mad:

Reaction Score
My tax dollars hard at work :mad:
Bonehead don't worry...they don't have enough to buy Flood out so luckily he'll get to stay. When is Christie's term up? That's when the wheel's will turn..Barchi can get sent down the road arm-n-arm with Hermann

Reaction Score
Bonehead don't worry...they don't have enough to buy Flood out so luckily he'll get to stay. When is Christie's term up? That's when the wheel's will turn..Barchi can get sent down the road arm-n-arm with Hermann

Ditto on the buy-out with respect to Hermann from what I have heard. As for Christie, I keep forgetting that he is the Governor of New Jersey and not New Hampshire as he spends all of his time doing town halls and TV ads in the Granite State.

Reaction Score
Ditto on the buy-out with respect to Hermann from what I have heard. As for Christie, I keep forgetting that he is the Governor of New Jersey and not New Hampshire as he spends all of his time doing town halls and TV ads in the Granite State.
The one thing I'll NEVER get is that Delany basically all but told them to hire Frazier from Wisconsin...and they hire Jeff hathaway 2.0. Can Christie run for Gov again?

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken RU was EXTREMELY "encouraged" by Delany to hire Frazier.
I heard the same thing....just shows how hardheaded and thick some of these RU administrators are. Sounded to me like a PC type hire to stave off the torches and pitchforks...Frazier was recommended by Delany and seemed solid to me.

Reaction Score
I heard the same thing....just shows how hardheaded and thick some of these RU administrators are. Sounded to me like a PC type hire to stave off the torches and pitchforks...Frazier was recommended by Delany and seemed solid to me.

I know nothing about Fraser; but, based on this, he sound potentially competent, which is the death knell in Jersey politics as it threatens to shake things-up. Just look what happened to the last competent AD that Rutgers had.

Reaction Score
...and still not a word from Hermann or Barchi.
I think it's a good thing Hermann hasn't been heard from yet...although she would definitely speed up the ending to this train wreck by opening her mouth. They are still trying to find Barchi to remind him RU actually has a football team

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
WALKON OR SCHOLLY PLAYER/

I think walk-on...but I'm not sure who is walk-on/scholly at RU. NJ.com article says he walked on out of high school and played in the bowl last year.

Lloyd Terry, a redshirt sophomore fullback, was charged with armed robbery, armed burglary and conspiracy to commit the armed robbery, according to NJ.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom