Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers just can't have nice things, can they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NJ is a great recruiting ground for everyone in the B1G...except Rutgers. Cable Box U delivered the only thing they could: cable boxes and recruiting territory. Enjoy those NJ ballers, we've had a few good ones come up to us too.

Honestly the only silver lining of Rutgers in the B1G is that after watching the last 15 months unfold, at least the conference will drop the pretense that they brought them along for anything other than cable boxes.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is a necessary evil for the B1G. They add everything except strong athletic teams. Every other measure is a huge get for the B1G ---cable boxes, recruiting, AAU membership, direct access to NYC for both athletics and academics. If the B1G expanded to 16 teams, I could see Rutgers being #16. As a fan, it's hard to buy them as #14. As a business man, it's easy to see why they were added. Just depends how you look at it.

Reaction Score
Five football players, among 10 total students have been arrested on various charges, including home invasion.

Link

Some think Flood is done, especially after is interaction with a professor, and that Greg Schiano will be brought back.

I would like to commend the university if they did cooperate with the authorities in this matter. Other schools would have covered it up.
Your kidding me right. One of the cleanest FB programs and your hopping on this like a NSL writer. Let it play itself out...it happens everywhere. Geez....some guys will grasp at any reason to gossip.It's fb season and you guys have your own issues.

Reaction Score
Honestly the only silver lining of Rutgers in the B1G is that after watching the last 15 months unfold, at least the conference will drop the pretense that they brought them along for anything other than cable boxes.
pretense.

Reaction Score
NJ is a great recruiting ground for everyone in the B1G...except Rutgers. Cable Box U delivered the only thing they could: cable boxes and recruiting territory. Enjoy those NJ ballers, we've had a few good ones come up to us too.
That's what Cuse used to say when they played FB.

Reaction Score
The NJ hs coaches were not happy with the way Schiano left. They like Flood a lot. This may not be such a slam dunk hire as people may think.
Barring the unforseen KF ain't going nowhere....he's a good man.Not sure about his HCing ability yet but he seems to be growing on the job.

Reaction Score
You didn't need RU in the B1G to clean up in the state of NJ recruiting wise. B1G schools ALWAYS did well recruiting the top NJ kids.
NJ outside of the OBE was always BIG country. Perfect fit.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Your kidding me right. One of the cleanest FB programs and your hopping on this like a NSL writer. Let it play itself out...it happens everywhere. Geez....some guys will grasp at any reason to gossip.It's fb season and you guys have your own issues.

So the police come to practice and arrest players and that's not a story? Nicky, I have been in Rutgers corner since they were announced to the Big10, but this isn't looking good. One of the players is the same kid that Flood was "interfering" with via the associate professor. Yes, we should let it play out and stuff does happen at other schools, but I have never seen players arrested at practice before.

If you read my posts, I have said several times that, if they cooperated with the authorities, they should be commended. That hasn't always been the case in past issues.

BTW - You are in the Big10 now, you should be able to take some cr@p from your conference mates. I fully expect you to be able to give it back. So suck it up, quit being so sensitive (you're the Jersey school) and be ready to pop one of your conference mates in the mouth when they do something stupid.

Reaction Score
Dana O'Neil ‏@ESPNDanaOneil · 43m43 minutes ago
To recap Rutgers recent history: strip FT game, Julie Hermann mess, Mike Rice, Fred Hill, change grade email, home invasion... Big Ten
And this too shall pass.

Reaction Score
So the police come to practice and arrest players and that's not a story? Nicky, I have been in Rutgers corner since they were announced to the Big10, but this isn't looking good. One of the players is the same kid that Flood was "interfering" with via the associate professor. Yes, we should let it play out and stuff does happen at other schools, but I have never seen players arrested at practice before.

If you read my posts, I have said several times that, if they cooperated with the authorities, they should be commended. That hasn't always been the case in past issues.

BTW - You are in the Big10 now, you should be able to take some cr@p from your conference mates. I fully expect you to be able to give it back. So suck it up, quit being so sensitive (you're the Jersey school) and be ready to pop one of your conference mates in the mouth when they do something stupid.
Sorry dayooper...just seems like every day i wake up to more of this garbage.....for years RU might have been the cleanest university in the NE but our selfloathing NSL and their Newhouse ownership loves to hate on the local team but rarely does any positive focus. I'd rather have a clean program and mediocrity than a winning dirty program as most RU fans would. RU's recruiting is fine for now but it better get better.

Reaction Score
I still question the quality of the due diligence the B1G performed before extending an offer to Rutgers. When they got the offer they no better an investment than a video store.
The ACC knew RU was on an unofficial BIG 'in waiting' list since at least 12 yrs before Schiano left......always when not if. Relationships going back years...RU always had a great relationship with PSU....

Reaction Score
Armed robbery and home invasions happen everywhere?

Got it. :rolleyes:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The ACC knew RU was on an unofficial BIG 'in waiting' list since at least 12 yrs before Schiano left.always when not if. Relationships going back years...RU always had a great relationship with PSU....
RU and PSU had a great relationship? It didn't seem to involve scheduling much.

At least Nicky has dropped his "I'm a UConn fan too" schtick when dear old RU is on blast.

Reaction Score
NickyNewark said:
Sorry dayooper...just seems like every day i wake up to more of this garbage.....for years RU might have been the cleanest university in the NE but our selfloathing NSL and their Newhouse ownership loves to hate on the local team but rarely does any positive focus. I'd rather have a clean program and mediocrity than a winning dirty program as most RU fans would. RU's recruiting is fine for now but it better get better.

You are waking every day to more of this garbage because your are waking every day as a Rutgers fan. That is not our faults.

Reaction Score
That's what Cuse used to say when they played FB.

Of the major football programs in the Northeast, Syracuse has been hurt the most by Rutgers 'improvement' and move into the B1G with Syracuse's coaching issues just adding to it.

Reaction Score
ESPN just sad they were all dismissed from the team this morning....life sucks for those idiots moving forward.

Reaction Score
RU and PSU had a great relationship? It didn't seem to involve scheduling much.

At least Nicky has dropped his "I'm a UConn fan too" schtick when dear old RU is on blast.
yes Jopa almost coached at RU but sent D.ick Anderson instead and he beat his mentor in eighty eight...and STFU and don't speak for me...i pull for right and root for RU....is that too complex for your Trested mind.

Reaction Score
yes Jopa almost coached at RU but sent D.ick Anderson instead and he beat his mentor in eighty eight...and STFU and don't speak for me...i pull for right and root for RU....is that too complex for your Trested mind.

Curious about when Joe "almost" coached at RU. Its my understanding that he only considered one other job in his career, The New England Patriots in the 1970s. As for Anderson he did win in 88, but Joe didn't send him to RU. In fact he advised him against taking the job.

As for what's going on with RU, I do agree with Nicky that it could have happened anywhere. I don't believe it is indicative of some pervasive culture on their team. That said this embarrassment on the back of the 4-5 others since joining the conference has got to have Delany reaching for the Rolaids.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You're a clown, enjoy the RU circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99