• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I'm messing. I'm over 45. I'm "old". Just ask my kids. 45 is the cutoff.

Well...I am approaching 77...I have fought my war, finished college on the GI, built a career, successfully retired, and am arm wrestling cancer to a hopeful win. I feel young because my wife has made me always feel young...whether diving on reefs together, sailing our boats, touring on Harleys, etc.

When I visit our boy (who is 39 and single and living on his sailboat on St Pete Bay), I remind hi, that he can't Peter Pan forever. He laughs and says.."Dad. you know about the chip falling not far from the tree".

But I do admit that I am weaker now since losing 50 pounds to chemo/radiation...but coming back. Started the gym again and have put back some good weight.

Reaction Score
Well...I am approaching 77...I have fought my war, finished college on the GI, built a career, successfully retired, and am arm wrestling cancer to a hopeful win. I feel young because my wife has made me always feel young...whether diving on reefs together, sailing our boats, touring on Harleys, etc.

When I visit our boy (who is 39 and single) and living on his sailboat on St Pete Bay, I remind hi, that he can't Peter Pan forever. He laughs and says.."Dad. you know about the chip falling not far from the tree".

But I do admit that I am weaker now since losing 50 pounds to chemo/radiation...but coming back. Started the gym again and have put back some good weight.
You're an inspiration. Don't even hold you being an FSU against you.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You know, we "present day" oldsters can at least remember having the attention span to sit through a movie... Fifty years on will there be boneyard threads about classic tiktoks (other than Johnny Mc's, that one's a given)?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

When I visit our boy (who is 39 and single and living on his sailboat on St Pete Bay), I remind hi, that he can't Peter Pan forever. He laughs and says.."Dad. you know about the chip falling not far from the tree".

Vaguely remember you posting about the battle with cancer. Glad to hear you're still well enough to enjoy the things you like.

Reaction Score
That certainly doesn't happen on Facebook in any groups I've been to, lol. People just double and triple down on their pov even with facts proving they are wrong.
Perhaps, but with facts we prove our points and even if we don't change the poster's mind we at least influence other people's pov. I have seen it with some of my retorts to falsehoods. Win people over one brick at a time.

Reaction Score
if uconn doesn't get into B12 or ACC, should we try for football only in Pac 12 and keep everything else in Big East, as a temporary solution.
Not sure - we can stay independent and ride it out as a way to see about Big12 or ACC remnants if/when it breaks apart or needs a backfill to replace a school or two exiting (i.e. if FSU or another couple are successful in escaping somehow). We could see about getting a few PAC teams on our independent schedule.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
if uconn doesn't get into B12 or ACC, should we try for football only in Pac 12 and keep everything else in Big East, as a temporary solution.
Wasn’t this floated a decade ago

Reaction Score

But I do admit that I am weaker now since losing 50 pounds to chemo/radiation...but coming back. Started the gym again and have put back some good weigh
There is no cutoff for being old. See people in their 20’s,30’s,40’s and higher that are in way worse shape than many in their 70’s and 80’s, but whatever your age you’re on your way back and you are coming off a Natty with a great team going into this season and great recruits going forward. That’s plenty to make us all feel young.

Reaction Score
There's no way that the Pac 12 would want us for football.
The ACC doesn't even appear to want us and that would be the most natural fit.

Honestly, if UConn doesn't get into the Big 12, the only options would be MAC or CUSA for Football just to stay in FBS. But their media rights deals are way worse than the AAC.

This upcoming season is VERY important for the future of football at UConn.

They have a 4 - 5 win season with what's happening in CFB currently and we might be looking at rejoining the CAA for football and going back to playing Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island again. I hate to say that but I think given the financials involved, that could be what happens.

Reaction Score
Not sure - we can stay independent and ride it out as a way to see about Big12 or ACC remnants if/when it breaks apart or needs a backfill to replace a school or two exiting (i.e. if FSU or another couple are successful in escaping somehow). We could see about getting a few PAC teams on our independent schedule.

My thoughts are that by the end of this cycle of realignment, UConn will either be in the Big 12, a watered down version of the ACC or joining the remnants of the ACC to create what's left of the pieces.

College football is at a point of inflection where the final monumental change is about to happen with the SEC, B1G and the Big 12 taking down the ACC and PAC 12.

Reaction Score

Honestly, if UConn doesn't get into the Big 12, the only options would be MAC or CUSA for Football just to stay in FBS. But their media rights deals are way worse than the AAC.

They have a 4 - 5 win season with what's happening in CFB currently and we might be looking at rejoining the CAA for football and going back to playing Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island again. I hate to say that but I think given the financials involved, that could be what happens.

Ridiculous post. Quit being a drama queen.

Reaction Score
UCONN doesn’t want to leave the BE for Big 12 unless they take our football? Our basketball is the candy, but it would be bad negotiating to not get that, no?

Reaction Score

Not that it would ever happen, but the PAC could get 3/4 ET zone games a year with UConn. This is what is flawed about the B12 taking 3/4/5 PAC teams. Their value is out there for everyone to see, It’s worth 20M. It’s not worth the same as ET and CT. It’s obvious, does not matter if it‘s MBB, WBB, or CFB.

Reaction Score
Not that it would ever happen, but the PAC could get 3/4 ET zone games a year with UConn. This is what is flawed about the B12 taking 3/4/5 PAC teams. Their value is out there for everyone to see, It’s worth 20M. It’s not worth the same as ET and CT. It’s obvious, does not matter if it‘s MBB, WBB, or CFB.
Well what's out there is the value of the current Pac. Cut out Washington State and Oregon State, add in the 30% of the population that lives in the Central Time Zone, and the valuations change.

Reaction Score
We need to hear a statement very soon from UConn's board, athletic director and president about realignment. Even if it is just to say
they are monitoring activities and UConn is committed to its sports programs. Right now, it looks like UConn is floundering while the realignment process nationally is in a state of flux

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
assuming it’s a typo here and you meant mac instead of pac.

that would be a great fit for uconn football.

Reaction Score
We need to hear a statement very soon from UConn's board, athletic director and president about realignment. Even if it is just to say
they are monitoring activities and UConn is committed to its sports programs. Right now, it looks like UConn is floundering while the realignment process nationally is in a state of flux
So you think nobody is considering us, the schools comes out with a statement and magically the big12 acc and big 10 say you know what maybe we should think about adding UConn?

Reaction Score
So you think nobody is considering us, the schools comes out with a statement and magically the big12 acc and big 10 say you know what maybe we should think about adding UConn?
No. Remember a dozen years ago. Herbst and the rock star thought they had everything under control and we would land in the ACC. Then, one of most mediocre universities in the South, Louisville, gave the conference all sorts of promises and they got our spot. We need to look like this is important to us. I would even float the idea of building an on campus FB stadium in Storrs. There are those on the Boneyard who think UConn should remain in the New Big East for 100 years or more and who cares about football, we have to work to make it into a Power Conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom