• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
No. Remember a dozen years ago. Herbst and the rock star thought they had everything under control and we would land in the ACC. Then, one of most mediocre universities in the South, Louisville, gave the conference all sorts of promises and they got our spot. We need to look like this is important to us. I would even float the idea of building an on campus FB stadium in Storrs. There are those on the Boneyard who think UConn should remain in the New Big East for 100 years or more and who cares about football, we have to work to make it into a Power Conference.
We have made it very clear it’s important. There is no statement that is going to convince people who aren’t convinced

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
We have made it very clear it’s important. There is no statement that is going to convince people who aren’t convinced
With the exception of Mora, no one has gone out on a limb. Within 24 hours we will see if the AD Dave strategy is successful.

Reaction Score
We need to hear a statement very soon from UConn's board, athletic director and president about realignment. Even if it is just to say
they are monitoring activities and UConn is committed to its sports programs. Right now, it looks like UConn is floundering while the realignment process nationally is in a state of flux
This would do nothing. We know they are working behind the scenes and hosted Yormark. I just want it to end but don't want to hear empty platitudes.

Reaction Score
This would do nothing. We know they are working behind the scenes and hosted Yormark. I just want it to end but don't want to hear empty platitudes.
I wouldn't count on them working behind the scenes. Are the president, board chair and AD meeting this week in person with president and governor in Texas, etc.

Reaction Score
We need to hear a statement very soon from UConn's board, athletic director and president about realignment. Even if it is just to say
they are monitoring activities and UConn is committed to its sports programs. Right now, it looks like UConn is floundering while the realignment process nationally is in a state of flux
LMAO. You would feel more comfortable if we issued a press release saying we’re monitoring the situation? You have to be kidding me.

Reaction Score
No. Remember a dozen years ago. Herbst and the rock star thought they had everything under control and we would land in the ACC. Then, one of most mediocre universities in the South, Louisville, gave the conference all sorts of promises and they got our spot. We need to look like this is important to us. I would even float the idea of building an on campus FB stadium in Storrs. There are those on the Boneyard who think UConn should remain in the New Big East for 100 years or more and who cares about football, we have to work to make it into a Power Conference.
Again, as long as a visiting Big XII team gets their allocation of visiting team seats, which they would, please explain why in the world Baylor would care that we’re playing in East Hartford and not Storrs.

Reaction Score
LMAO. You would feel more comfortable if we issued a press release saying we’re monitoring the situation? You have to be kidding me.
How often as an attorney do you make a statement like that when things are going well

Reaction Score
So you think nobody is considering us, the schools comes out with a statement and magically the big12 acc and big 10 say you know what maybe we should think about adding UConn?
No. I would advise saying nothing. UConn is in big east and happy. This is a value add to athletics, ut not a crushing blow.

Reaction Score
Well...I am approaching 77...I have fought my war, finished college on the GI, built a career, successfully retired, and am arm wrestling cancer to a hopeful win. I feel young because my wife has made me always feel young...whether diving on reefs together, sailing our boats, touring on Harleys, etc.

When I visit our boy (who is 39 and single and living on his sailboat on St Pete Bay), I remind hi, that he can't Peter Pan forever. He laughs and says.."Dad. you know about the chip falling not far from the tree".

But I do admit that I am weaker now since losing 50 pounds to chemo/radiation...but coming back. Started the gym again and have put back some good weight.
“I have fought my war”. Vietnam? If so, me too.

Welcome home.

Reaction Score
We are the only people closely following this situation. Further, many people think UConn should decline a B12 invite if offered. Frankly, it isn’t the ideal fit on paper, so I understand some preferring the status quo for now.

This only looks bad to us crazy fans that know how important a seat at the big kids table is long term. We’ll have at least one more opportunity if this one escapes us.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Oregon State did this.

That's who he wants UConn to be like.

Oregon State.

Reaction Score

I also think Herbst and Warde were too naive in how cut-throat conference realignment is. They got blind-sided by the jealously from our ‘friends’ at BC and Syracuse and the anti-basketball collation lead by FSU. Didn’t help that Emmert was out for UConn blood. Which tarnished our value, while Louisville was the shinny new toy.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

There's a middle ground between a tournament with only teams from SEC, B1G, ACC, and Big 12 and what the current setup is.

The power leagues will get more money, the low majors will get shafted or relegated to some play in round and the identity of the tournament will be altered, but you can't just run a national tournament with the limited amount of teams in those 4 leagues.

Reaction Score
How long can UConn compete for top talent when the P4 are earning $50 million to eventually over $100 million annually from TV? Especially if the NIL becomes tied to TV money.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
How long can UConn compete for top talent when the P4 are earning $50 million to eventually over $100 million annually from TV? Especially if the NIL becomes tied to TV money.

People keep saying this while also saying basketball doesn't move the needle. If that's the case then why would all these programs pour millions of dollars into NIL to build a superteam?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, not quite yet, but I appreciate the reference.
I mean, it’s long past time regardless of the reference

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean, it’s long past time regardless of the reference
It's over, when it's over. So you will forgive me if I wait for the big 12 to say they're done expanding for the moment. Right now they're appeared to be two slots remaining, and we only need one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom