• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
It's over, when it's over. So you will forgive me if I wait for the big 12 to say they're done expanding for the moment. Right now they're appeared to be two slots remaining, and we only need one of them.
If Arizona is in, but somehow Arizona State doesn't join them, we would be the ideal candidate to cement their place as the top basketball conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's over, when it's over. So you will forgive me if I wait for the big 12 to say they're done expanding for the moment. Right now they're appeared to be two slots remaining, and we only need one of them.
I'm with you. Simply saying it is always time for whiskey and rye. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The verse is actually "whiskey in Rye" as in Rye, NY. McLean was from New Rochelle - the Levee was a bar that closed ("is dry"). So whiskey will have to do and should suffice!
Thanks. it never made sense to me that it was "whiskey and rye."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thanks. it never made sense to me that it was "whiskey and rye."
Yeah but,...

I live ten miles from Rye. I highly doubt many good old boys would go there to drink.

Reaction Score
Yeah but,...

I live ten miles from Rye. I highly doubt many good old boys would go there to drink.
It has changed from the late sixties and seventies.....is the Mug and Ale still there?

Reaction Score
It has changed from the late sixties and seventies.....is the Mug and Ale still there?
This. In the late 70s, when I was legal in Westchester, there were plenty of dive bars where the regular crowd were the type you'd expect to see in dive bars. (Plus young, future yuppies who still couldn't afford anything better.)

Reaction Score
Every news article taht comes out feels like UConn is once again getting the shaft by the Big 12. Just this time they didn't have to fly down to Texas to make a presentation like a beauty pageant.

Reaction Score
There may be 3. We do not know that AZ is moving.

Reaction Score
We need to hear a statement very soon from UConn's board, athletic director and president about realignment. Even if it is just to say
they are monitoring activities and UConn is committed to its sports programs. Right now, it looks like UConn is floundering while the realignment process nationally is in a state of flux

No. We don’t.

You can be sure they are on top of it.

Reaction Score
No. Remember a dozen years ago. Herbst and the rock star thought they had everything under control and we would land in the ACC. Then, one of most mediocre universities in the South, Louisville, gave the conference all sorts of promises and they got our spot. We need to look like this is important to us. I would even float the idea of building an on campus FB stadium in Storrs. There are those on the Boneyard who think UConn should remain in the New Big East for 100 years or more and who cares about football, we have to work to make it into a Power Conference.
......LOL

Reaction Score
With the PAC 12 going under today, Big 12 has choice of remaining PAC 12 teams, I don't think UCONN has much chance anymore.
I’m still hoping Arizona Utah UConn. But hard to pass up Stanford.

Reactions: DCT

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m still hoping Arizona Utah UConn. But hard to pass up Stanford.
We’re out. Conference insider says it’s U of A, ASU and Utah. Presidents undermined Yormark.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If you want to be a coast to coast conference why would you choose two schools from AZ and Utah.
Because their Presidents decided to go against the advice of BY and think they can get the eastern expansion when the ACC implodes and they will pick up Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Duke, etc

It is a risky play as I think establishing the NE presence now with UConn would have given them an advantage over the ACC when the time comes and I think this western only move with only two new western states gives the ACC a better chance of out-surviving the B12. But I guess only time will tell if that is the case.

Reaction Score
Because their Presidents decided to go against the advice of BY and think they can get the eastern expansion when the ACC implodes and they will pick up Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Duke, etc

It is a risky play as I think establishing the NE presence now with UConn would have given them an advantage over the ACC when the time comes and I think this western only move with only two new western states gives the ACC a better chance of out-surviving the B12. But I guess only time will tell if that is the case.
Disagree. The Big 12 adding us does nothing to attract the ACC schools because the ACC will be effectively destroyed without Clemson, UNC, UVA, Miami, FSU, etc. All the schools that don't get picked up by the SEC and B1G will know right away that their best, and pretty much only option will be to vie for a Big 12 invite.

pj

Reaction Score

But UConn is more valuable than Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Louisville. Yes, if the ACC implodes they may be able to get Duke and some others who fall shy of the B1G or SEC, but they can't afford to wait until 2036 to expand.

The bottom line is UConn is more valuable than the average current B12 member, so UConn raises the per-school value of the conference. So it makes sense to grow.

I think it's more about who to pair with us, and landing on a good number of schools, and geography / travel costs / identity. If the B12 is committed to going East then UConn will be in. If they want to avoid the East, or need an even number of schools, then it may get tricky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom