• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Correct, debt implies we still owe that money when it is in fact paid for by other sources of revenue on a yearly basis so there is no debt.

The correct term would be yearly AD deficit paid for other sources of revenue, and the deficit would shrink with B12 revenue. Paying the 30 million Big East exit fee would more than pay for itself in just two years.

Facts never seem to matter when discussing UConn, just kick dirt on us whenever possible.

This is why I believe we need someone or all of us to start replying and providing accurate facts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. It's also very misleading. The tweet mentions the yearly 50-ish million deficit on top of the 30 million dollar exit fee in a way that makes it seem like leaving the big east will cost more money and build on the deficit.

The tweet conveniently leaves out that Big 12 members make between 40 and 50 million on media rights per year, while big east members make about seven million. Even at an initial period of a half share in the Big 12, the big east exit fee would be paid off in the first year and change, and the difference between the Big 12 money and big east money cut the deficit. Long term, at a full share, it will damn near wipe it out.

The whole point of all of this is UConn runs a power 5 type athletic department on a seven million dollar a year media contract. To run this type of department you need about 50 million, which is what a power 5 media contract will get you. UConn doesn't get power 5 money from the big east...hence the deficit. Math.

A more honest tweet would read..."UConn's athletic department is currently running a 53 million dollar deficit. In order to remedy this they need to become a full share member of a power 5 conference. If the Big 12 is offering this, they need to jump on it immediately or every sport will eventually suffer."
Keep in mind that like $15 million of the $53 million was paid to Kevin Ollie so is non-reoccurring. What we are looking at is a $38 million deficit which is easily covered by the Big 12 payment.

Reaction Score
This may have been discussed here, but the Big 12 is much more appealing if the ACC fell apart and Pitt, Syracuse, and maybe Louisville go the the Big 12. It would give the Big 12 a true eastern presence and not have UConn as an outlier.

The consensus has been if the powers of the ACC (Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC) go to the SEC or B1G that the remains of the ACC will grab UConn and few others to keep a small league together. However, if the Big 12 can revive the Pitt/WVU rivalry, some of the old BE/AAC teams, and maybe some remnant ACC teams it is a much more appealing major conference.

Big 12 West - Houston, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, OSU, Kansas, K State, Iowa St, (Maybe Colorado and/or Arizona)
Big 12 East - UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, Cincy, UCF, Va Tech, Louisville, (Maybe Wake, NC State, Duke)

Can always dream
Three teams in the Big 12 are already east of Louisville. Adding us would make a 4 team east bracket for this quarter of the country. They are trying to make it a coast to coast conference, not an east coast one with mostly ACC cast offs. Adding 4 other teams from the West like Colorado, Arizona, San Diego State, and another would fall more in line with a true split nationwide with 8 teams they already have in the middle.

Reaction Score
Would it jinx us if I adjusted my Big 12 helmet collection? I think this grouping looks really cool :)

SquarePic_20230616_12451131.jpg

Reaction Score
One thing that's very comforting to know. If we do get the Big 12 invite (and I'm thinking we do) we have a coach who will be up to the task!
Jim Mora will likely go down in college football history as a legend. And a humble one at that!

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen much from the eastern flank of Big 12.

I don’t think it’s enough to Trump any Pac12 schools, but would WVU, Cincy, and UCF prefer one more school east of Mississippi?

WVU can’t be pumped being even more on an island and the prospects of traveling further west.

At least UConn is in eastern time zone and less than 10hr drive

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Going back to your salient points, instead of your tired CTE soapbox.

The PAC has always looked like an Apple target, to me. They can get a toe in water on the cheap, and the time zone issues don’t play as much.

Right with you on a change agent causing the results. Lets see.

Bumping Nelson-style if the Apple rumor is true for the PAC.

Reaction Score
I fight back on any UConn mistruths/partial truths on posts or comments. And when I do, almost always the "offender" recants their inaccuracy.
That certainly doesn't happen on Facebook in any groups I've been to, lol. People just double and triple down on their pov even with facts proving they are wrong.

Reaction Score
That certainly doesn't happen on Facebook in any groups I've been to, lol. People just double and triple down on their pov even with facts proving they are wrong.
It’s like that with sports, politics, news events, everything lol. Ignorance is bliss. Most won’t admit they’re wrong at any cost lol.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen much from the eastern flank of Big 12.

I don’t think it’s enough to Trump any Pac12 schools, but would WVU, Cincy, and UCF prefer one more school east of Mississippi?

WVU can’t be pumped being even more on an island and the prospects of traveling further west.

At least UConn is in eastern time zone and less than 10hr drive
When speaking of drive time in the Big Twelve, the relevant measurement is days, not hours

CL82

Reaction Score
I was engaging for a while on Twitter on this with links to facilities, pictures of trophies, records etc and always staying polite. Eventually the trolls would either concede my points or block me, which I found kind of funny.

CL82

Reaction Score
When speaking of drive time in the Big Twelve, the relevant measurement is days, not hours
And fortunately, for the most part, teams fly to games, rather than driving, so flight time might be more relevant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom