OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
When I was at the Pats/Raiders game last year, the fans were openly screaming for Jimmy G to spell Brady. He is a little bit of a cult favorite up there. (much like Tim Boyle was here, at least until he got on the field)
Are you suggesting Palatine is in a cult???

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Boy, it would be nice if this place had a "pro sports" forum, to prevent this POS thread from popping up on the football board on the week of camp opening...

Oh, wait...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
...of course you always have the option not to open it

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Some people just have issues with the Patriots. Deflating footballs is the same as having an extra 1/8" curve on a stick in the NHL, but the NFL and Patriot haters have blown this out of proportion. They suck.

Haters gonna hate.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What we really can all take from this joke of a story/saga is this: nobody should take ESPiN's "reporting" for gospel. Time and time again they get facts wrong or, worse yet, don't bother reporting them at all. ESPiN cares most about generating clicks to its stories and driving viewership to their programming, even if they are about spotting a one winged purple unicorn in Times Square.

Reaction Score
What we really can all take from this joke of a story/saga is this: nobody should take ESPiN's "reporting" for gospel. Time and time again they get facts wrong or, worse yet, don't bother reporting them at all. ESPiN cares most about generating clicks to its stories and driving viewership to their programming, even if they are about spotting a one winged purple unicorn in Times Square.

I'm thinking its worse than that, its looking more and more like the NFL launders lies through ESPN to come out "clean" on the other end.

Reaction Score
The Pats fans are still clinging to this? :eek: Wow move on or as the infamous Zionn would say

NEXT

Reaction Score
The Pats fans are still clinging to this? :eek: Wow move on or as the infamous Zionn would say

NEXT
I'd love for you to explain those emails and enlighten us on why the only people who could have access to psi info (NFL) would tell an ESPN reporter something that has since been proven false?

Reaction Score
I'd love for you to explain those emails and enlighten us on why the only people who could have access to psi info (NFL) would tell an ESPN reporter something that has since been proven false?

ESPN reporter? Yeah they're so good.

:D You f'er are entertaining with your backs to the wall that I will give you.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

False info in the Press - NO???

Ill answer - the person who supplied that info made it up...

BFD. That is NOT what's at issue here, to be honest.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I haven't read all 400+ pages of TB12's testimony, but from what I've gleaned on Twitter and the Interwebs (Which, less face it, is all the anti-Brady crowd has done thus far): not a good day for the NFL.

Reaction Score
I haven't read all 400+ pages of TB12's testimony, but from what I've gleaned on Twitter and the Interwebs (Which, less face it, is all the anti-Brady crowd has done thus far): not a good day for the NFL.

To say the least.

Roger Goodell got caught in several lies.

Jim Harbaugh and head of refs Dean Blandino in lies as well.

Check this one out from Roger:

Goodell states in his appeal decision “In response to the question, ‘Why were you talking to Mr. (John) Jastremski in those two weeks?,’ Mr. Brady responsed, in sum: ‘I think most of the conversations centered around breaking in the balls.'” Goodell also wrote: “The sharp contrast between the almost complete absence of communications through the AFC Championship Game and the extraordinary volume of communications during the three days following the AFC Championship Game undermines the suggestion that the communications addressed only preparation of footballs for the Super Bowl rather than the tampering allegations and their anticipated responses to inquiries about the tampering.” Goodell is implying that Brady lied about why he and Jastremski communicated so frequently after the AFC Championship Game. Brady readily admitted, multiple times, however, in his appeal to Goodell that he and Jastremski could have been discussing the Deflategate allegations against the Patriots and not only football preparation for the Super Bowl.

Harbaugh claimed he never called the Colts about kicking ball deflation. According to the transcripts, he did.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The NFL is a joke. They have an agenda to make the Patriots look bad.

As a Pats fan, I say we just go with it. Cut some more coroners for competitive advantage. Let's get away with as much as we can. Push the envelope and keep winning. Screw 'em.

Husky25

Reaction Score

As a Pats fan, I say we just go with it. Cut some more coroners for competitive advantage. Let's get away with as much as we can. Push the envelope and keep winning. Screw 'em.
Jerry Thornton is that you? You're supposed to be on vacation!!!

Reaction Score
I'm a diehard Colts fan...grew up in Indiana....I hate the Patriots and Brady......but I have to say this whole thing is just ridiculous. 4 games for tampering with footballs which barely affects the game and especially had 0 affect on that AFCCG . I'm probably the only Colts fan that feels this way but I just think this whole thing is stupid. They collectively bargained that the punishment for tampering with footballs is a fine and he gets 4 games? If they were trying to do this to Luck/Peyton I'd be furious which is why I don't blame Pats fans. I'm embarrassed that we even got involved because it comes off as us being petty and whiny and seems like an excuse. Personally, I want the suspension lifted and I want the Pats at full strength when we play them. If we finally beat them (huge if I know) I don't want any Brady was rusty or other nonsense. Like it matters if Brady even plays though because over the past few matchups Brady has been pedestrain which is likely by design because why does he need to do anything when they're rushing for 1,000 yards every time we play. I think LaGarrette Blount just scored another td

Husky25

Reaction Score
Personally, I want the suspension lifted and I want the Pats at full strength when we play them.

The O/U for that game might be > 60, and I would be surprised if the Pats take care of the over all on their own.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
I'm a diehard Colts fan...grew up in Indiana....I hate the Patriots and Brady.but I have to say this whole thing is just ridiculous. 4 games for tampering with footballs which barely affects the game and especially had 0 affect on that AFCCG . I'm probably the only Colts fan that feels this way but I just think this whole thing is stupid. They collectively bargained that the punishment for tampering with footballs is a fine and he gets 4 games? If they were trying to do this to Luck/Peyton I'd be furious which is why I don't blame Pats fans. I'm embarrassed that we even got involved because it comes off as us being petty and whiny and seems like an excuse. Personally, I want the suspension lifted and I want the Pats at full strength when we play them. If we finally beat them (huge if I know) I don't want any Brady was rusty or other nonsense. Like it matters if Brady even plays though because over the past few matchups Brady has been pedestrain which is likely by design because why does he need to do anything when they're rushing for 1,000 yards every time we play. I think LaGarrette Blount just scored another td

Actually, I thought the Patriots gained an unfair advantage over the Colts that game. After deflategate broke, Sports science did a show in which they proved a ball with more PSI will go further and faster than a deflated ball.

So when the refs pumped up all the Patriots balls into the 13s at halftime, they didn't pump the Colts balls, and they left them at 12 PSI. Luck had to throw deflated footballs the second half whereas Brady was heaving balls at speed.

Reaction Score
ESPN reporter? Yeah they're so good.

:D You f'er are entertaining with your backs to the wall that I will give you.
You realize that proves my point, right? Mortensen took wrong info from Day of Game Op Mike Kensil and ran with it, starting this whole nonsense. They took advantage of a gullable reporter and the fact you still go off of the info from that "good" reporter that has been proven false makes you look foolish. But i look forward to your fact filled rebuttal filled with more emoji's than actual facts.

Reaction Score
False info in the Press - NO???

Ill answer - the person who supplied that info made it up...

BFD. That is NOT what's at issue here, to be honest.

Agreed, the problem is it shouldn't be coming from league employees.

Reaction Score
Actually, I thought the Patriots gained an unfair advantage over the Colts that game. After deflategate broke, Sports science did a show in which they proved a ball with more PSI will go further and faster than a deflated ball.

So when the refs pumped up all the Patriots balls into the 13s at halftime, they didn't pump the Colts balls, and they left them at 12 PSI. Luck had to throw deflated footballs the second half whereas Brady was heaving balls at speed.

I'm confused now. The anti-Patriots people have maintained that a ball under 12.5 PSI (could be under by 1 PSI, .5, .1, anything) is a huge, career making advantage for a QB. So, how come Luck, armed with this victory-guaranteeing edge, was absolutely terrible in the second half (zero points produced by the offense)? Could these folks be wrong?

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

So in essence - status quo?

Reaction Score
The fact that Mr. Wells, in his deposition during the appeal hearing, asks his lawyer if he can answer whether or not he showed his report to the NFL's attorney for comments before publishing it, shows he was not the independent investigator the NFL had trumpeted. This is all a sham. Brady will win the appeal and I doubt he will agree to any settlement that does not exonerate him and lift the suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom