OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

How is this acceptable to any fan? Even a fan that thinks Brady is guilty? Is it really right to take testimony under oath and to then totally lie about it? This is the NFL. They are totally lying to fans and the general public? How is that fine with everybody?

Reaction Score
Roger Goodell makes about 44 million a year from the nfl. If that wasn't bad enough, he is a tyrant, that seems to think he could do whatever the he wants to and with the players and he pretty much can cause the owners love him because he makes them a ton of money.

Reaction Score
How is this acceptable to any fan? Even a fan that thinks Brady is guilty? Is it really right to take testimony under oath and to then totally lie about it? This is the NFL. They are totally lying to fans and the general public? How is that fine with everybody?

Because they don't like the Patriots. That makes the lies, deception, and unethical behavior okay.

Something that gets pushed to the background is that the NFL (let's pretend something illegal was actually going on) was okay with playing the first half of one of the 3 most important games of the year knowing this. They could have done something pregame to prevent it, but chose not to. Then, leading up to their biggest events of the year, league execs released false information to the media that, along with propping up their sting operation, served as a distraction to one of the Super Bowl participants. I guess that's all part of the Integrity/Protect the Shield playbook.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Bottom line ... the commissioner works for the owners and the owners are tired of the Patriots winning.

Reaction Score
If you take the time to read the back and forth between Kessler, Brady's attorney, and Wells, the report investigator/writer, you can't avoid the impression that the NFL looks like they approached the investigation with an agenda. Wells is clearly not "independent". I can't conceive of a dispassionate Judge upholding Brady's suspension.

Brady's lawyer asks Wells "So, is all of the info in your report truthful?"
Wells --"I hope so'."

Reaction Score
Redding Husky said:
The whole thing is just a witch hunt. Nothing more, nothing less.

Definitely. It is definitely in nfl's best interest to expose that the poster boy super bowl champ qb cheated. Has to be a witch hunt

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
If you take the time to read the back and forth between Kessler, Brady's attorney, and Wells, the report investigator/writer, you can't avoid the impression that the NFL looks like they approached the investigation with an agenda. Wells is clearly not "independent". I can't conceive of a dispassionate Judge upholding Brady's suspension.

Brady's lawyer asks Wells "So, is all of the info in your report truthful?"
Wells --"I hope so'."

I think you are interpreting Wells response incorrectly.

Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:
Definitely. It is definitely in nfl's best interest to expose that the poster boy super bowl champ qb cheated. Has to be a witch hunt
It's so obvious its a witch hunt that most everyone that thought it was a legitimate charge against Brady has abandoned the discussion. There isn't any argument against Brady at this point and it is unfortunate that the league would tarnish his legacy like this for no good reason. It is twisted and clearly deceitful, kind of like the whole APR/Calhoun thing. If you look at it on the surface you think "guilty" but when you learn the details it stinks to high heaven.

Reaction Score
Hoophound said:
It's so obvious its a witch hunt that most everyone that thought it was a legitimate charge against Brady has abandoned the discussion. There isn't any argument against Brady at this point and it is unfortunate that the league would tarnish his legacy like this for no good reason.

It is twisted and clearly deceitful, kind of like the whole APR/Calhoun thing. If you look at it on the surface you think "guilty" but when you learn the the details it stinks to high heaven.

It is not a witch hunt. I think 4 games is too much, but I certainly think he cheated. In grand scheme of things, not a huge deal. Brady will still have a solid legacy, but it will be more like Phil Neikro

Reaction Score
Hoophound said:
It's so obvious its a witch hunt that most everyone that thought it was a legitimate charge against Brady has abandoned the discussion. There isn't any argument against Brady at this point and it is unfortunate that the league would tarnish his legacy like this for no good reason.

It is twisted and clearly deceitful, kind of like the whole APR/Calhoun thing. If you look at it on the surface you think "guilty" but when you learn the the details it stinks to high heaven.

It is not a witch hunt. I think 4 games is too much, but I certainly think he cheated. In grand scheme of things, not a huge deal. Brady will still have a solid legacy, but it will be more like Phil Neikro and Gaylord Perry instead of Sandy Kofax and Greg Maddux.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

The NFL has been after the Patriots for years. The Pats push the envelope, they don't play well with others, and they don't play the parity game.

Reaction Score
Redding Husky said:
The NFL has been after the Patriots for years. The Pats push the envelope, they don't play well with others, and they don't play the parity game.

Yes, the nfl hates winners.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This situation reinforces the fact that no matter how skilled or famous or highly paid you are, if you draw a paycheck from someone, at the end of the day you are still just the help.

Reaction Score

It's a poker game.

As you up the ante, you can't back out.

You lose everything. So bigger and bigger bluffs, bigger and bigger guns. Scorched earth.

Reaction Score
It is not a witch hunt. I think 4 games is too much, but I certainly think he cheated. In grand scheme of things, not a huge deal. Brady will still have a solid legacy, but it will be more like Phil Neikro

I don't blame you for not paying attention.

But there are major news organs all over the country talking about the NFL's frame job. NY Times, multiple writers at the Washington Post, NBCs football, Peter King, New York Daily News, Sports Illustrated, etc.

There are writers at the Dallas Morning News who are saying Goodell is a liar and not to be trusted.

You're insane with that Niekro comparison. batshit crazy

Reaction Score
upstater said:
I don't blame you for not paying attention.

But there are major news organs all over the country talking about the NFL's frame job. NY Times, multiple writers at the Washington Post, NBCs football, Peter King, New York Daily News, Sports Illustrated, etc.

There are writers at the Dallas Morning News who are saying Goodell is a liar and not to be trusted.

You're insane with that Niekro comparison. bat crazy

Why is the comparison crazy? Phil Neikro is a hall of fame player who doctored balls, Tom Brady is a hall of fame player who doctored balls.

Reaction Score
Why is the comparison crazy? Phil Neikro is a hall of fame player who doctored balls, Tom Brady is a hall of fame player who doctored balls.

1. He didn't doctor balls.
2. He won 4 championships.
3. He's the best ever at his position.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
1. He didn't doctor balls.
2. He won 4 championships.
3. He's the best ever at his position.

1. Yes he did
2. Yes he did
3. No he is not. Before his cheating I would definitely put him in top 3. Now he moves down into the top 10.

Reaction Score
1. Yes he did
2. Yes he did
3. No he is not. Before his cheating I would definitely put him in top 3. Now he moves down into the top 10.

Who is top 3? Don't say Montana. All the 49ers were wearing stick'em, especially Jerry Rice.

Also, what proof do you have he doctored balls?

Also, lastly, anyone who thinks a football with 1 PSI less has any relation to a spit/goo ball throwing knuckler is out of his mind and doesn't know much about these two sports. Sports Science showed that over 60 yards, a ball with 1 more PSI will travel a quarter inch farther and a split second sooner. That's the difference over 60 yards. A goo'd up knuckler is dancng all over the place and is hard to hit.

Are you serious with this comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom