OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The NFL hates the Patriots because the Pats don't fall in line with the NFL's mandated parity.

I'm also a Chicago Cubs fan. Being a Patriot fan is much more fun.

Reaction Score
Curious as to how many HOFers Eli had for his 2 rings and for that matter Phil Simms for his?
Or Russel Wilson
Or Joe Flacco from 2012
Or Aaron Rodgers in 2010
Or Drew Brees in 2009
Or Ben Rothlisberger

Gotta go back to 2005 when Peyton Manning had Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison

Reaction Score
Or Russel Wilson
Or Joe Flacco from 2012
Or Aaron Rodgers in 2010
Or Drew Brees in 2009
Or Ben Rothlisberger

Gotta go back to 2005 when Peyton Manning had Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say ... because Rob Gronkowski was drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd round .... each of those teams you listed had an opportunity to add a future hall of famer to their roster .....

EDIT: Some teams even had 2 cracks at him!!!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
In about a month, we'll unveil the fourth Super Bowl banner in Foxborough. Adding to the frustration of the NFL and the fans from the other 31 teams, no asterisk will be present at the ceremony.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say ... because Rob Gronkowski was drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd round .... each of those teams you listed had an opportunity to add a future hall of famer to their roster .....

EDIT: Some teams even had 2 cracks at him!!!

They all had a few cracks at Brady quite a few years ago if you really want to test that limb?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
In about a month, we'll unveil the fourth Super Bowl banner in Foxborough. Adding to the frustration of the NFL and the fans from the other 31 teams, no asterisk will be present at the ceremony.

Speaking of banners...

clk2pbmvaaadugq.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
“You guys made a mistake by drumming up business for the show and how I would address my reporting for the first time. I will not allow WEEI, [Robert] Kraft or anybody to make me the centerpiece of a story that has been misreported far beyond anything I did in the first 48 hours. Maybe when the lawsuit is settled, in Brady’s favor, I hope, we can revisit. Don’t call.”

Not following the logic in this move. It's one thing to back out of the interview, but to be antagonistic in such a way is a bad move, Chris. This actually points to ESPN being more complicit in Deflate-___*.

* - I refuse to attach the letters G, T, E, A, in any order to any controversy, other than what occurred involving a certain hotel in Washington D.C. in the mid-1970s

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's Goodell's findings. I didn't notice it linked elsewhere.

I haven't had the chance to go through in detail, but on a quick glance it seems paper thin but written in an authoritative tone.

I agree with H25 that this may rest on a determination of Goodell was an appropriate and impartial arbitrator. If he is, we don't get to the flaws in the Wells report, we defer to the arbitrator.

People are getting a woody about the phone destruction. While bad optics, if he wasn't required to turn it over, then he was free to do whatever he chose with it.

I really don't think destroying a phone destroys email, text messages, or instant messages. Despite what snapchat would like you to believe, I pretty sure that info is saved somewhere too.

Reaction Score
I really don't think destroying a phone destroys email, text messages, or instant messages. Despite what snapchat would like you to believe, I pretty sure that info is saved somewhere too.
If Brady's carrier was AT&T, his SIM card (where contacts, texts, emails, etc. are saved) would be able to be moved from a Samsung to an iPhone.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

u sound like u're taking credit. congratulations. you must be proud.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gotta love Jets fans. Their franchise is such a mess that they care more about hating the Patriots than the Jets winning.

It's all they have. I still remember Richard Todd talking about this bottle of expensive champagne he had. He wasn't going to pop the cork until the Jets won the Super Bowl. Let's hope he gave up on that years ago. I hate to see good hooch go to waste.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Patriots release emails to NFL on leaks of false information

Between What Mortensen did and the linked e-mails, the Patriots won today. Too little too late in the Court of Public Opinion, probably. It's like the judge offering the defendant the chance to make a statement hands down sentencing but after he has already determined it.

Luckily for the Patriots, the CPO does not have jurisdiction over Brady's right to work. The next 5 weeks will be mighty interesting around these parts.

Reaction Score
The NFL hates the Patriots because the Pats don't fall in line with the NFL's mandated parity.

I'm also a Chicago Cubs fan. Being a Patriot fan is much more fun.
This is hilarious, the Patriots aren't even a dynasty.

Reaction Score
How can anyone read that email exchange and side with the NFL? This league needs to be taken down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom