new uni's | Page 6 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
The response on this website to the uniforms and specifically the facemask on the helmet is just incredibly amusing to me. I'm weird like that. THe old unifoms had terrible karma. Fugly. Maybe these aren't a pretty and sharp, and the design right above this post - is pretty much a copyright infringement of Navy football. I'd like to be unique - and more importantly - I want an aggressive, forceful, winning football team.

I just really want to see good football played. Got a wait a couple more months to see if it will happen.

Everybody seeing red though - funny.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21500913

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I wish I could create a visual of my preferred jerseys. Logo on helmet the same, but the helmet is blue metallic, the chrome look. White stripe, grey facemask (like the Giants). Grey pants, blue jersey/white jersey (again like the Giants).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
View attachment 9401 They probably used the UCONN husky logo frontal image because they don't want to look too similar to Norther Illinois. Like it or not, this is the new UCONN identity and I can appreciate the logic behind it. Although I am sentimental about the block "C" too, the new Husky logo seems to be working well. The eyes on the front of the helmet were creative and unique but they represent losing and Diaco wants to eliminate anything that reminds the team of the last 4 years of drudgery View attachment 9400 .

In this pic, the helmet looks good. In fact, the red facemask saves it.

Reaction Score
In this pic, the helmet looks good. In fact, the red facemask saves it.

The reaction to the red face mask is something else. Red is an agitator color. 'm not sure who, but somebody actually posted that the mask is really bothersome. Of course it is - it's first thing I noticed. That thing is there on purpose. We need to be a little agitated. Every edge it takes. I'd rather see some basic fundamentals of force = mass x acceleration executed on the field to perfection, and they can be doing it cocktail dresses for all I care, as long as they do it - but Diaco has been nothing if not consistent in his approaches to this program since day 1 on an intellectual level.

Everbody seeing red. LOL. It's the little things that amuse me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The reaction to the red face mask is something else. Red is an agitator color. 'm not sure who, but somebody actually posted that the mask is really bothersome. Of course it is - it's first thing I noticed. That thing is there on purpose. We need to be a little agitated. Every edge it takes. I'd rather see some basic fundamentals of force = mass x acceleration executed on the field to perfection, and they can be doing it cocktail dresses for all I care, as long as they do it - but Diaco has been nothing if not consistent in his approaches to this program since day 1 on an intellectual level.

Everbody seeing red. LOL. It's the little things that amuse me.
I'm withholding any future donation.

Reaction Score
And those were some seriously hiddeous Patriots uni's back in the day too.. thank God we didn't go that far...

Reaction Score
I'm withholding any future donation.

LOL. The facemask really bugs you huh? I really am happy to see the old uni's go and the red mask doesn't bother me at all, it's a visual attention grabber. Without a doubt. But the most recent uni's/helmets? Just nothing good about UCONN football with those things. New era, new players, new coaches, new uni's. DONE.

I remember discussion about the old husky furry cute tongue wagger logo on an angle- 3-D almost in 2-D, was always discussed to be too detailed/complex to put on the side of the helmet. There was a concept design that came out publicly a while ago that was pretty cool, that had that old logo over almost the entire helmet, but that logo is long gone now. The current logo in 2 dimensions, facing straight is taylor made for a helmet. Maybe they can play with size of it a bit - but to me - it looks good on the side of the helmet. Going to a grey/metallic base instead of white - w the/red facemask would look exactly like current patriots helmets.

The Edsallian concepts of establishing the football brand as separate from the basketball branding is pretty much in bed for good. That's pretty clear now.

that all noted, I realize the importance of it all, and the concepts of "energy and Karma" etc. are not lost on me with uniform changes and all that - but I could care less, really - if they come out in cocktail dresses and world war 2 helmets. They got to play football. The uniforms will look real good if they play good football. The old ones would have too.

Reaction Score
I want to know what kind of car the coach got out of that he was not driving? Logo was covered over like it was a teat in a movie....LOL

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And those were some seriously hiddeous Patriots uni's back in the day too.. thank God we didn't go that far...

Loved those uniforms. Like them much better than the current silver and blue monstrosities.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I want to know what kind of car the coach got out of that he was not driving? Logo was covered over like it was a teat in a movie....LOL

Lexus GS350.

Reaction Score
LOL. The facemask really bugs you huh? I really am happy to see the old uni's go and the red mask doesn't bother me at all, it's a visual attention grabber. Without a doubt. But the most recent uni's/helmets? Just nothing good about UCONN football with those things. New era, new players, new coaches, new uni's. DONE.

Just having some fun. Finding their way with the rebrand.

Reaction Score
I like the uniforms much better. Love the no names on the back and front. Love the white helmet. I love the alternate uniforms and wonder if there will be an alternate helmet (that would be hardcore). Not loving the red face masks, but they are growing on me. The players like them and really I could care less if they showed up on the field with pink and purple helmets...JUST WIN!

Reaction Score
I like the uniforms much better. Love the no names on the back and front. Love the white helmet. I love the alternate uniforms and wonder if there will be an alternate helmet (that would be hardcore). Not loving the red face masks, but they are growing on me. The players like them and really I could care less if they showed up on the field with pink and purple helmets...JUST WIN!

If you snapshot that video at 7 seconds, that's Junior Joseph no? but it looks like a totally different player from a different program from last year, yet the only things that are different are the helmet design with the actual school logo on it now, a few different lines and a spots of bright red. I like it. A lot. This is a uniform and design look that can last a long time, I think.

Really, that's all just fluff for the offseason right now. I'm glad the players are enjoying it. I don't care what design Joseph wears on his hat, as long as he doesn't lead with it in a tackle ever again the way he did against USF in the open field and knock himself out of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom