new uni's | Page 7 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No names on the back? Thats small time, and before any dooschenozzle counters with Notre Dame/USC please refer to their tradition.

Reaction Score
After reading most of the posts on here, I know I am going to be in the very small minority. I am an old-schooler when it comes fashion. These uniforms are cool as duckk. Beautiful simple design. If and when we win in these uniforms, they'll be loved. The state of CT on the helmet markets the depth of our history.

The thick line down the middle reminds me of WFL helmets from the mid-70s.

Reaction Score
Dear Nike Designer of College Football Uniforms,

You should really quit your day job. You've f*@ked us over twice in two years!

Thanks for making us look even worse.

Signed,
UConn Country (all of it)

PS- How come you got Oregon's 3 million jerseys so right, and UConn's TWO so wrong?
They got it right. Just keep staring at the uniforms. You might see it. We should be glad we got this rather than something gimmicky, again.

This would be a solid look going into a P5 conference. Now let's start winning again!

Reaction Score
Those NIU helmets blow ours away.

To each his own. The UCONN logo looks more professional to me. It is our identity and the more times it is seen the more it reinforces the UCONN brand. Branding is everything. Not surprised we don't agree on this. We don't agree on much anyway. The NIU logo is blah to me.

Reaction Score
To each his own. The UCONN logo looks more professional to me. It is our identity and the more times it is seen the more it reinforces the UCONN brand. Branding is everything. Not surprised we don't agree on this. We don't agree on much anyway. The NIU logo is blah to me.

More affirmation that I'm right.

Reaction Score
After reading most of the posts on here, I know I am going to be in the very small minority. I am an old-schooler when it comes fashion. These uniforms are cool as duckk. Beautiful simple design. If and when we win in these uniforms, they'll be loved. The state of CT on the helmet markets the depth of our history.

The thick line down the middle reminds me of WFL helmets from the mid-70s.
IMO the best uni's out their are the throwbacks with the modern technology. Combines simplicity, tradition and performance.
Oregon-throwback-uniforms.jpg
6509620.jpeg

Reaction Score
I've been a Patriots fan since Super Bowl XX. Might have made it easier for me to dig the new unis. :D

Reaction Score
Like I've said, they're growing on me. They figured out my weakness and slapped it on the facemasks (red). I like the video with the players' reactions. These are probably going to look a lot better in motion, especially with a winning or competent product on the field.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
More affirmation that I'm right.
NIU helmet is blah. I don't like the width of the stripe on our new helmet and the loss of "UCONN" on the back, but it's still better than NIU's.

Reaction Score
Does anyone really know who has final say??

Hell, what is the process, in general.

This thread provides an example of why one should never, ever get involved with anything that involves the artsy/craftsy side of a business. You want to empty a company's executive office row? Put word out that a committee selecting product intro esoterica requires a "senior" representative. Believe me, it's like yelling "bomb."

The process involves "brainstorming," surveys, Focus Groups and tedious input from people from the "creative" side of Advertising and Marketing. In the end, the final result never shows unanimity. Approval usually involves a HMFIC ("Head MF In Charge") using kind of a General Longstreet wave of resignation (before Pickett's charge) because none of his/her staff agree, either.

So, this thread pretty much reflects reaction to anything that involves individual "taste." It's one of the world's no-win situations.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Also who in their right mind doesn't dig the old Patriot look?
patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-23.jpg

Just so much better than the current non-throwback uniforms. I hate the flying Elvis.

Reaction Score
If you snapshot that video at 7 seconds, that's Junior Joseph no? but it looks like a totally different player from a different program from last year, yet the only things that are different are the helmet design with the actual school logo on it now, a few different lines and a spots of bright red. I like it. A lot. This is a uniform and design look that can last a long time, I think.

Really, that's all just fluff for the offseason right now. I'm glad the players are enjoying it. I don't care what design Joseph wears on his hat, as long as he doesn't lead with it in a tackle ever again the way he did against USF in the open field and knock himself out of a game.
For now they can use some tv numbers on the shoulder.

Reaction Score
Honestly if this is the best Nike can come up with for a redesign then I have to question whether they value us as brand. I don't know who mentioned it in another thread but I think when our contract with Nike expires we go with Under Armour just to breathe some new life into the program.

Reaction Score
Love the blue stripe on the helmet.The husky logo should have been 1 1/2 times larger.I never liked the blue on blue or the white on white uniforms. All in all it's a step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
My view on this is a bad job done well. I like the fact that it is fairly classic in style. The helmet is a big improvement, if only because it got rid of those weird dopey eyeballs, but I'm sorry, the new husky is really terrible. It looks like a teddy bear in the small version on the shirts, and like a rabbit if you see it from a distance. You really have to see it up close to make out that it is a husky. You could surely design a husky that looks like a husky. This one looks like what it is, a cheap clipart piece. As I've written elsewhere, a big part of the problem is the face on view. It totally loses any perspective. But besides that, I like the new headgear. I sort of like the uniforms, too. I don't get the fascination with so much red--a bit in the trim as a highlight, maybe outlining the numbers and so forth, would be fine but as with everything about our Nike experience, they took something that would work in small amounts and over did the whole thing. White or blue facemasks, for example, but red? Huh?

I can't wait to see the grey uniforms. I can save them lots of money, though. Just don't wash the white one. They'll look the same. I know its all trendy and everything, but they look, well, grey. The good news? They aren't black...or red praised be to God.

Reaction Score
Ugly as hell. No imagination at all.

Not attractive to high schoolers.

Go the route of Oregon and Maryland.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't need gimmicky cr@p to recruit players. We recruit intelligent players. A classy uniform is perfect for us.

For a traditionalist style, it's very well executed.

Reaction Score
after a couple days i'm starting to warm up to the new uni's. definite improvement from l.y. IMO, I'm just still struggling w/ the red facemask, prefer it was white (or gray on a gray helmet when we wear alternate uni). that's an easy remedy though. what will really get me to like the facemask and uni's even more is wins. funny how wins tend to alleviate all the minute nit-picking. I didn't love the block C at first, and then we started winning and I liked it more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom