new uni's | Page 8 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
after a couple days i'm starting to warm up to the new uni's. definite improvement from l.y. IMO, I'm just still struggling w/ the red facemask, prefer it was white (or gray on a gray helmet when we wear alternate uni). that's an easy remedy though. what will really get me to like the facemask and uni's even more is wins. funny how wins tend to alleviate all the minute nit-picking. I didn't love the block C at first, and then we started winning and I liked it more and more.
I wouldn't be suprised in all honest if by Sept. 3rd we see an all-white or blue facemask on those lids... The Red is just too much, combined with the size of that Huskies logo on the side. Needs to be larger.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Yeah Oregons recent success had nothing to do with the fact that they hired 2 successive excellent coaches.
Agreed - system isn't a reason for success either.

I don't know how the hell the Ohio St was able to get athletes good enough to win a NC with 'boring' uniform.

2014 Ohio State CFP - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2013 Florida State BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2012 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2011 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2010 Auburn BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2009 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH

Hey - But Oregon won the HS recruiting battles were their nifty attire...

Reaction Score
Agreed - system isn't a reason for success either.

I don't know how the hell the Ohio St was able to get athletes good enough to win a NC with 'boring' uniform.

2014 Ohio State CFP - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2013 Florida State BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2012 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2011 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2010 Auburn BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH
2009 Alabama BCS - UNIFORM IS BLAH

Hey - But Oregon won the HS recruiting battles were their nifty attire...

Agreed. Since we have the same cache and history as Ohio St., FSU, and Bama we should keep blah uniforms.

Forget the fact that programs like Oregon and Boise hired good coaches and starting doing outside-the-box things with their uniforms and/fields to draw attention.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Agreed. Since we have the same cache and history as Ohio St., FSU, and Bama we should keep blah uniforms.

Forget the fact that programs like Oregon and Boise hired good coaches and starting doing and/fields to draw attention.

Yep - outside-the-box things with their uniforms make your team good...
Explain Maryland?
Explain UConn hiring a good coach and doing things on the field that draws attention with a boring uniform, like beating ND in South Bend, South Carolina in a bowl game and playing in the Fiesta.

Agree to disagree...

Reaction Score
One weird thing I noticed about the unis was Junior Joseph's jersey number... I thought he switched from 39 to 11?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My view on this is a bad job done well. I like the fact that it is fairly classic in style. The helmet is a big improvement, if only because it got rid of those weird dopey eyeballs, but I'm sorry, the new husky is really terrible. It looks like a teddy bear in the small version on the shirts, and like a rabbit if you see it from a distance. You really have to see it up close to make out that it is a husky. You could surely design a husky that looks like a husky. This one looks like what it is, a cheap clipart piece. As I've written elsewhere, a big part of the problem is the face on view. It totally loses any perspective. But besides that, I like the new headgear. I sort of like the uniforms, too. I don't get the fascination with so much red--a bit in the trim as a highlight, maybe outlining the numbers and so forth, would be fine but as with everything about our Nike experience, they took something that would work in small amounts and over did the whole thing. White or blue facemasks, for example, but red? Huh?

I can't wait to see the grey uniforms. I can save them lots of money, though. Just don't wash the white one. They'll look the same. I know its all trendy and everything, but they look, well, grey. The good news? They aren't black...or red praised be to God.
Wait, I thought you liked the new logo.

Reaction Score
Yep - outside-the-box things with their uniforms make your team good...
Explain Maryland?
Explain UConn hiring a good coach and doing things on the field that draws attention with a boring uniform, like beating ND in South Bend, South Carolina in a bowl game and playing in the Fiesta.

Agree to disagree...

I guess you missed the hire a good coach part. And Maryland just started the uniform madness...and they have been better than us lately so I can't throw stones. Uni's get you attention. In the social media-nothing-is-real-unless-it-is-posted online-world......that matters. Won't make you good, but it may attract the eyes of recruits and boosters who might make you good eventually. How much energy and words get wasted on ESPN each season talking about The Boise St. Turf, the Maryland/Oregon uniforms, etc. All free publicity in an age when that has never mattered more. Even ND is changing up helmets and jerseys and they are the biggest brand in the business. They aren't doing that for the 50 and older crowd, and they aren't doing it just for the hell of it. Is it the only way, hell no.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The goal should be to look professional. I think the new helmet does that. Now they need to scrap the blue jersey & blue pants combo, which looks high schoolish. Go with the blue jersey and *white* pants.

NFL look = good
high school look = bad

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The goal should be to look professional. I think the new helmet does that. Now they need to scrap the blue jersey & blue pants combo, which looks high schoolish. Go with the blue jersey and *white* pants.
Which, ironically, were our high school uniforms.

Reaction Score
We don't look like an arena football team so that's a plus. Still needs work though.

Reaction Score
Honestly if this is the best Nike can come up with for a redesign then I have to question whether they value us as brand. I don't know who mentioned it in another thread but I think when our contract with Nike expires we go with Under Armour just to breathe some new life into the program.
The issue is we can't drop Nike because we "need" them for basketball shoes. Although I don't know if under armour locks in the shoes for that the way nike and adidas does.

No names on the back? Thats small time, and before any dooschenozzle counters with Notre Dame/USC please refer to their tradition.

I don't think we had names on the back until 2011.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's a good looking uniform. It says UCONN on the front so it's quickly recognizable, has the Husky logo and a unique helmet design. Nike is said to be considering it for us as soon as the bland nondescript sample they've been recently testing is discarded.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Looks awesome! Where did you see this? Actually suprised they gave EJ a jersey since he can't play this year?
He posted it on his facebook account. pretty sweet right? I might buy this jersey when they go on sale to the public

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He posted it on his facebook account. pretty sweet right? I might buy this jersey when they go on sale to the public
Now that I know names are back (which is a great move in my opinion) I really want a custom one w/ my name on it!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Now that I know names are back (which is a great move in my opinion) I really want a custom one w/ my name on it!
Curious....WHY...is it a great move to put a name on the back of the jersey?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The players like it better. Anything that the players/recruits like, is a good idea

Agreed. Like it or not.....uniforms are a big deal to recruits. That's why I like the idea of experimenting with alternate uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom