new uni's | Page 5 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the overall response on this website is amusing. I wonder how many people on this website posting dislike, or at minimum, disapproval of something, also have written in the past how much they disliked the former helmet/uni's? Perhaps they would like to go back?

At bare minimum, if people didn't like the old ones, should be at least positive about the change. The last unis were a disaster in every way. I'm giving these a chance.

I like everything about the new uni's.

Reaction Score
Does anyone really know who has final say??
Good point...
Just voicing my opinion..
It's a shame that whomever made the final decision made the one they made though... again my opinion.. they did too much instead of a little tweak here and there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the helmets are ok. The red facemask makes all the difference, and keeps them from being boring. I hate blue on blue and white on white. No matter what, I like the pants a different color than the jersey. Would have liked grey pants, with both white and blue jerseys, and maybe grey facemask on a blue chrome helmet.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I think the helmets are ok. The red facemask makes all the difference, and keeps them from being boring. I hate blue on blue and white on white. No matter what, I like the pants a different color than the jersey. Would have liked grey pants, with both white and blue jerseys, and maybe grey facemask on a blue chrome helmet.

I never understand how a uniform is 'boring'...or exciting.

My two cents.

You must then feel they are exciting, bright, current, eventful, intelligent, interesting, lively, new, smart, different, unusual, fascinating, the opposites of boring.

Our offense has been boring, the USF game was boring, the helmets were awful with the eyes, the red face mask is silly looking...to each their own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I never understand how a uniform is 'boring'...or exciting.

My two cents.

You must then feel they are exciting, bright, current, eventful, intelligent, interesting, lively, new, smart, different, unusual, fascinating, the opposites of boring.

Our offense has been boring, the USF game was boring, the helmets were awful with the eyes, the red face mask is silly looking...to each their own.

White helmet with white face mask, with white jersey with white pants is pretty bleached out bland. Same if blue, on blue on blue on blue. Contrast is necessary. I don't want the facemask the same color as the helmet. I don't want the pants the same as the jersey.

Reaction Score
I was in the minority and liked our previous helmets but I understood why a lot of fans didn't. The rest of the uniform, IMO, was awesome. I loved the piping and small amounts of red thrown in there.

Both the new helmet and uniforms are really, really, really bad IMO. As everyone else has said, the logo is too small on the helmet and the red face mask looks terrible. As for the uniform, I like the simplicity of it but the huge blocks of color behind the knee and on the shoulders are ugly as sin.

These are the worst uniforms we've had since we made the jump from I-AA.

Reaction Score
The shoulder just makes no sense. Borderline disturbing for some reason. They should have kept old unis and just changed the helmet. Just can't seem to get anything right at moment. Almost like UCONN has just accepted fact they've been banished to the AAC.
I like having TV numbers on shoulder or upper arm

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Guys they're clearly pushing the red because the big 10 doesn't want us to mirror penn states colors. Duh!

Reaction Score
I hate blue on blue and white on white.

me too... That's what makes the uni so damn boring... and bland... It looks 30 years old... Penn State is the only school that can rock the white on white and make it look decent... I hate it for us... really bad decision....

Reaction Score
I liked the old uniform, though I wasn't in love with the helmets. I did enjoy the block C era uni's quite a bit. But understand the issue with incongruent branding.

I don't really like these uniforms, and I think the helmet is a sidegrade at best. But I'm ambivalent if they can just win a few more games.

Reaction Score
Still not "loving" the helmets, but the overall look is growing on me. I'm sure everybody would love these uniforms if they present a winning product on the field. And if UConn really wants to assimilate the Patriots, then they should go white helmets, home blue and white pants; then white helmets with away white and blue pants. That look could work.

Reaction Score
A Giant fan said they reminded them of the Giants?

In what way?

The white helmet? Giants wear royal blue.

The red face mask? The Giants wear gray.

The navy blue top/bottom? The Giants wear royal blue tops and gray bottoms.

Hate to say it, but your friend may be color blind.

Yeah, these uniforms scream Patriots. Not so much Giants, apart from blue jerseys with red number trim (old school Giants), but that's about where it ends.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
me too... That's what makes the uni so damn boring... and bland... It looks 30 years old... Penn State is the only school that can rock the white on white and make it look decent... I hate it for us... really bad decision....
I think all whites look sharp as long as the numbers are big or there's enough trim, which there is. But that's just me.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
By the way... that's Junior Joseph #39? He was #11 on the spring roster, must be switching back to 39.

Reaction Score
Had a chance to sleep on it. Few thoughts.

Nobody cares more about uniforms and potential transfers than ktuck.

The uniforms aren't terrible. I really don't care all that much to be honest. But those helmets are on the same type of disaster level as the howling dogs on 3rd downs in the first few games last year. They are brutal. Hopefully they read this board to get a pulse of the fanbase because they are almost universally hated.

People really care about the state outline on the helmet? That nobody will ever see?

If the helmets weren't bad enough with the puny dog face on them, the icing on the sheet sandwich is the red facemask.

Can someone, for entertainment purposes, link to HFD's rant on these? It's times like this where I miss him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Had a chance to sleep on it. Few thoughts.

Nobody cares more about uniforms and potential transfers than ktuck.

The uniforms aren't terrible. I really don't care all that much to be honest. But those helmets are on the same type of disaster level as the howling dogs on 3rd downs in the first few games last year. They are brutal. Hopefully they read this board to get a pulse of the fanbase because they are almost universally hated.

People really care about the state outline on the helmet? That nobody will ever see?

If the helmets weren't bad enough with the puny dog face on them, the icing on the sheet sandwich is the red facemask.

Can someone, for entertainment purposes, link to HFD's rant on these? It's times like this where I miss him.

I didn't even think about HFD when I saw (and hated) the red facemasks.

Guy must be going absolutely nuts.

Reaction Score
The uniforms are clean and sharp. Although, I liked the previous uniform better, this one is still pretty good looking. The "call of the wild" helmet grew on my so I was more indifferent towards that one, but the new ones aren't that bad. I enjoy the red face mask and the CT outline on the front. I do agree with most saying that the logo should be bigger, but overall I'm really liking the new look.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you look closely, there are take offs of the BB unis. They are certainly brand consistent.

If you rule out the block C and need to keep the new logo brand consistent this is the only option. It's decently executed. Could it be a bit larger, sure but it doesn't make a lot of difference.

We've been going the Blue, White with red trim for many years in other sports and that is the new brand. Do I like sublegacy's a lot better? Yes I do.

If they win games, they'll look a lot better.

Reaction Score
image.jpg
They probably used the UCONN husky logo frontal image because they don't want to look too similar to Norther Illinois. Like it or not, this is the new UCONN identity and I can appreciate the logic behind it. Although I am sentimental about the block "C" too, the new Husky logo seems to be working well. The eyes on the front of the helmet were creative and unique but they represent losing and Diaco wants to eliminate anything that reminds the team of the last 4 years of drudgery
image.jpg

Reaction Score
uconnconcept_accdupshoulderhome-png.7934
11045475.jpeg

Sub Legacy - 1, Nike - 0

Pretty sad considering I'm a novice graphic designer who taught himself just 5 months ago and Nike is a professional corporation with employees who studied design for years in order to earn their degree and is run by people who have been in the industry for decades.

I'll just leave these right here:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members