new uni's | Page 3 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love but hate? So which is it? You're ok with them? Some of you crack me up. "I love them, but.." "I love my wife, but..."

Lol, I tell women I love you, but I'm not in love with you all the time.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There's an old adage--be careful what you wish for.

Truer words were never spoken!

You all know that I have been clamoring for new unis ever since the other ones landed in Storrs. The logo on the side of the helmet is an improvement, in my opinion. But good God, why on earth did they use a red face mask?!? It really stands out...and not in a good way.

The rest of the uni looks a little off, although I can live with it. But my goodness, they took a 3-year old helmet design (the side-profile Nike design when they made the "call of the wild" helmet, although I can't seem to find a picture of it on the web today because it was probably wiped out on purpose) and tooled with it until it was worse. Almost as bad as our previous ones...

Reaction Score
The uniforms aren't bad but the helmets are painfully generic. It's as though people were so split about the Call of the Wild design that Nike basically threw their hands up, said the hell with it, and decided to make the helmets as generic as possible in order to appease the most fans. The red facemasks are a lot to get used to, as well. I'm a Giants fan and the facemasks reminds me too much of the Patriots (probably not an accident, either). The helmets aren't awful, just really, really generic. Maybe time and a good product on the field will get me used to them. I like everything else, though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
11045482.jpeg

Hmm. Knappe at QB?

Morten Andersen was Danish too, no? Try him at kicker if Puyol or Tarbutt falter?

Reaction Score
The rest of the uni looks a little off, although I can live with it. But my goodness, they took a 3-year old helmet design (the side-profile Nike design when they made the "call of the wild" helmet, although I can't seem to find a picture of it on the web today because it was probably wiped out on purpose) and tooled with it until it was worse. Almost as bad as our previous ones...

I'm not sure these were ever factually proven to be the "Nike alternative" to the "Call of the Wild" design but I think this is what you are referring to:

newhusky.jpg

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I guess I just really thought Bobby Diaco would have better fashion sense than this?? lol

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm not sure these were ever factually proven to be the "Nike alternative" to the "Call of the Wild" design but I think this is what you are referring to:

View attachment 9398

THIS!!! Thanks for finding that for me, Medic. Those would have been the home-run ball, for sure. Like I mentioned in another thread, by using the red face mask, they went from a home run to a single...

Reaction Score
My only issue with the uni and helmets is the helmet stripe. It's just...like... the worst size. Could be either smaller or bigger but it's not. If it wasn't shiny and they worked some kinda muted pattern or design ala the back of the hoops jersey that'd be cool.

Finally no SHOULDER PIPING.

Reaction Score
Like someone said earlier - it's better, but still bad. I was hoping for a return to the jersey/pant combo of the block C era with an updated helmet. Even if they did some modern stuff like UCONN up a pant leg - fine - but this? It's generic template #3 to go with our generic clipart dog logo.

These have no soul

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
These are a bunch of helmet designs I did up back when the new logo was announced... I know this is kinda overkill, but look how much better this new logo looks a little larger and on a blue lid??

new-uconn-helmet-designs-jpg.4794

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
get rid of the red on the helmet- white facemask

Reaction Score
The uniforms aren't bad but the helmets are painfully generic. It's as though people were so split about the Call of the Wild design that Nike basically threw their hands up, said the hell with it, and decided to make the helmets as generic as possible in order to appease the most fans. The red facemasks are a lot to get used to, as well. I'm a Giants fan and the facemasks reminds me too much of the Patriots (probably not an accident, either). The helmets aren't awful, just really, really generic. Maybe time and a good product on the field will get me used to them. I like everything else, though.

I think you nailed it. That and maybe their design gurus just couldn't come up with anything else that worked.

Reaction Score
They're totally fine, if unspectacular. Which makes them about a million times better than what we had.

Now let's win some damn games this year.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I wanted a white facemask and no husky logo. why couldn't we just make it simple. smh

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
The helmets alone would look way better with these 2 decals on the back...

connecticut.png

big10_logo_detail.gif

Reaction Score
when it comes to sports uniforms simple is better. The only change I would make is having the C instead of the husky logo on the helmet

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure if they look more like the New England Giants or New York Patriots.

Maybe combining New England's NFL team's colors with NY's NFL team's colors is part of a B1Gger picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom