Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hardnett is easy to google. He has been rated from 2star to 4star. He is being scouted by many school including GT.
So, this is not some out of left field player. In fact, he looks like the type player that a lot of this board has been screaming about,
a four year rotation guy who will add depth and could be very good by his senior year, something that TSam, Facey and Calhoun have yet to do on a regular basis. Put this kid with Adams and Brown and we are looking very solid.

Reaction Score
Ive been to Syracuse to visit a friend before and there is A LOT more night life in Cuse than in Storrs. Anyway yea my point may be dumb and unfounded, but its just something Ive always had in the back of my head.

But 18 year old kids aren't looking for a good "nightlife" specifically if they aren't planning on being in college all 4 years. I think a nice looking campus thats easy to navigate, good people, comfortable and nice interiors of dorms and apartments are probably pretty important to them. If a 17/18 year old kid is touring colleges recruiting him and his major thought is "there better be a myriad of bars and clubs on this campus for me to frequent in 3+ years" then I don't care that they don't come to UConn. Kids worried primarily about the clubs near campus aren't putting in the time to become athletic beasts and treasured Huskies

Reaction Score
It is possible that some kids consider UCONN too rural, but the greatest Huskies are all in Storrs as often as possible and that says a lot about how they feel about it. I think UCONN offers an amazing, traditional college experience.

Reaction Score
Our lack of recent success has nothing to do with UConn's campus. DD committed without ever stepping foot on it. This is more to do with some sort of disconnect between the staff and the AAU circuit. KO, fresh off a title, fresh off massive endorsements from the best players on the planet, fresh off a new practice facility...etc, etc, etc. should be absolutely killing it. He is not.

Reaction Score
Our lack of recent success has nothing to do with UConn's campus. DD committed without ever stepping foot on it. This is more to do with some sort of disconnect between the staff and the AAU circuit. KO, fresh off a title, fresh off massive endorsements from the best players on the planet, fresh off a new practice facility...etc, etc, etc. should be absolutely killing it. He is not.

Completely agree, the question is how to fix it. rightly or wrongly, the AAU circuit doesn't have the best of reputations. Given the negative press generated by our APR and other issues, I can't see UConn hiring anyone with strong AAU connections.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest factor by far is our a conference affiliation, something that can't be easily fixed. Fix that, and many of our plan A and B recruits will be battling it out for who gets the ship. Not that KO can't overcome this hurdle, but he's going to lose more battles than he wins, which seems to be the case lately.

Reaction Score
Hardnett is easy to google. He has been rated from 2star to 4star. He is being scouted by many school including GT.
So, this is not some out of left field player. In fact, he looks like the type player that a lot of this board has been screaming about,
a four year rotation guy who will add depth and could be very good by his senior year, something that TSam, Facey and Calhoun have yet to do on a regular basis. Put this kid with Adams and Brown and we are looking very solid.

Where does one find ratings listed down to the 2 star level?

Reaction Score
It's amazing how hopeful we all were coming off a national championship, excited about the list of some really good plan A recruits like Stone and Jones for example, and now we're battling for whatever is left.

Granted we landed Adams and Enoch, but both are local NE recruits, who should turn out to be very talented ones.

I haven't been following recruiting anywhere close like I used to, but I hope we can land some late bloomers or recruits who have reclassified that are everywhere as good as some of the recruits who had committed months ago.

One who comes to mind who worked out quite well in similar fashion was Shabazz Napier.

Like many of you, I'm disappointed that we're not getting many of our plan A, B and C recruits, but quite often you can find a recruit who turns out to be an excellent college basketball player that flew under the radar. We all get excited about how many stars, what the recruiting site say and how small a number is next to the name of the recruit, but our Huskies have won 4 championships with teams made up of a combination of a few highly heralded recruits, and a bunch of planned C, D and E ones. Look at last year's team. Who was highly ranked on that team? DeAndre Daniels, he was ranked high, but didn't play up to his ranking till his final season. Who had ever heard of Niels Giffey? The rest of the team was made up of moderately ranked recruits and some not so much.

The state of this year's team is the result of losing too many key players from last year, and not getting the recruiting results we needed the past couple years. Granted, I'm a little disappointed and a bit concerned about our recruiting lately, but it's not something to panic about just yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree- the most worrying thing for me is not having a down year- but the fact we are having trouble reloading- or at least it seems we are having trouble. You never know what will happen ala Bazz late in the game.
We do not need 4 Mc D AAs on the floor like Lville- but we do need a couple of solid NBA type players to compliment the rest of our guys. Next year we will have one (DH) unless JA turns out to be the real deal. Chemistry is a problem- and chemistry can make up for a lack of talent (see last year).
Done rambling- just hoping to see a surprise recruit or two before next season begins.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree- the most worrying thing for me is not having a down year- but the fact we are having trouble reloading- or at least it seems we are having trouble. You never know what will happen ala Bazz late in the game.
We do not need 4 Mc D AAs on the floor like Lville- but we do need a couple of solid NBA type players to compliment the rest of our guys. Next year we will have one (DH) unless JA turns out to be the real deal. Chemistry is a problem- and chemistry can make up for a lack of talent (see last year).
Done rambling- just hoping to see a surprise recruit or two before next season begins.
yeah right now we have the 20th ranked recruiting class per espn... with adams size and scoring ability if we can get a very good ball handler/lead guard to allow adams, purvis, omar play in their positions that would be very good... if we can get that and some size to come in with enoch i think we will be set

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Zach Levine was ranked 50th. He was at UCLA for, what, eight months?
Id say at the age of 19, Zach Lavine is already one of the Top 10 most athletic players in the entire NBA. He is certainly not the standard to the rule, moreso the exception. But I see what your saying, in his case he was extremely raw and was drafted essentially because he was 6' 5" and had inhuman athletic ability, he is a total project, albeit one that is worth taking a chance on as he can easily become the next Westbrook.

Reaction Score
From Twitter

2015 Jashire Hardnett told @becb_sbnthat he will have visits set up with Uconn and Kansas state before the end of the week @B_WRecruiting

Reaction Score
one thing we currently do not have is a true facilitator on this squad... He makes sense actually... Could definitely help in the halfcourt offensive set with the ball handling and penetrating ability.

Reaction Score
and btw, he's just as small as Boatright.. listed on rivals as 5'11 175lbs... If you ever stood next too are near Boatright you know he's not even close to the listed 6' or 5'11 whichever site you refer to.

Reaction Score
and btw, he's just as small as Boatright.. listed on rivals as 5'11 175lbs... If you ever stood next too are near Boatright you know he's not even close to the listed 6' or 5'11 whichever site you refer to.
I stood right next to him in Dallas just before he was about to get in a limo with other bball players and women from the after party. He was just a little big taller than me. I'm 5'8" and 5'9" with shoes. So I think he is definitely 5'10" with shoes and maybe 5'11". They do measure them with shoes on. Probably barefoot he is around 5'9.5".

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Official measurement has him at 5-foot-10 barefoot. That was as a senior in high school - maybe he's grown an inch since then.
Boatright is definitely 6'0" in shoes. Ive seen him in the union before and it kind of surprises you because in your mind's eye you see him as much smaller due to the behemoths he stands next to on the court, but hes actually more physically imposing than people give him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom