Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Problem is with too many guys like that you can't afford to roll the dice on a kid like this. You're already thin and not competing so in this case I wouldn't waste it! Candy has a point.
He does, for sure. I wish we were able to pull in scads of high-level recruits like Duke, UK & Kansas.

But we'll actually have more four/five-stars next year (Facey, DHam, Purvis, Enoch, Adams, Omar) than we did when we won the title (Bazz, Boat, Deandre, Omar, Facey), and we'll also know, going into next season, that three of our three-stars (Amida, TSam, Phil) can contribute at a "national title" level. We couldn't claim to be sure about that heading into 2013/14.

And if Hardnett helps us land Kegler then hell, I'm 10 toes in.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is very concerning, it seems like Ollie has no strategy other then to offer every kid who is playing high school basketball in America. Get a damn recruiting shark on the staff right now. If it means losing Moore, Miller, Hobbs then so be it.

Reaction Score
Bums. Can never win a national title with guys like that on the roster.

Because we couldn't win the title without them? So lets go out and get 3 more just like them thats worked wonders this year.

I dont care if we won with them on the roster they were minor role players and Facey didnt play at all. The point is now they are all getting major minutes and they are mid-major players. If they were role players thats fine but TSam is starting now and Facey was a starter until 2 games ago.

Reaction Score
No explosion and tiny. Give me Carter or Lovett first.

What r our chances with those two?
I saw explosion. Maybe not a big leaper but he is fast. Worried about his outside shot. We don't need two players like TSAM shooting wise on the team.

Reaction Score
We're def going down mid-major road again. See- Facey, Nolan and Tsam.

Go look at their offer lists. I think you will be surprised. Development is an issue, as is that they are being forced into roles which they aren't ready for.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If you guys really feel strongly, go tweet at him that UCONN doesn't want him and he should look elsewhere. Sheesh.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I can't wait for him to come to UCONN, get hyped up as the next great diamond in the rough, and have over half of the place calling for his head and demanding he transfer by the fifth game of next season.

Which will begat "why doesn't SC get more burn?" threads and the cycle goes on

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think KO should put in a very good word for Glen Miller at [insert any low-major HC job opening here]. An exceptional word. Even offer to drive him down for the interview.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know they wanted to call it "Needs to Improve" rather than "Weaknesses", but it's funny to see "size" listed as something he needs to improve. What's he going to do, stretch?
This is the new version of the stretch 4, the stretch 1.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Which will begat "why doesn't SC get more burn?" threads and the cycle goes on
Let's leave religion out of this.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Has a very Boatright-esque game with his hesitation then burst to the rim, albeit less athletic than Boat.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Ill be honest with you guys. I think one reason UConn has always "underperformed" statistically speaking in recruiting is in large part due to UConn's campus itself. These guys are top athletes in their states and have hopes and dreams of living a great college life that they will remember forever. I went to UConn for four years and love the school and tradition, but the campus and social life are laughable, I had such bad cabin fever during the winter of my freshman year I almost transferred out despite half my high school class and entire social group being at UConn with me. All there is to do at UConn besides trying not to freeze to death are the three mediocre bars on campus, or go to off campus housing developments for parties, which in the last 5 years the administration has seriously stifled due to the Jasper Howard incident and associated bad press.

These guys want to play basketball, but they are also living here for four years of their lives, so it makes sense for them to want to enjoy those years. In that regard its very difficult for UConn to compete with southern schools or Big10 schools, even if their basketball traditions are a fraction of ours. This also explains why we were successful with the guys we DID get. Calhoun brought in hard nosed kids who in many cases had few other options. These guys who came to UConn only had one focus in mind, which was playing basketball, nothing else mattered, thats why the campus life wasnt really an issue. In my eyes, top recruits see this and it impacts their decision, moreso than the staff issues, I mean who doesnt want to play for Kevin Ollies, especially after a title win (apparently many kids...).

Reaction Score
Ill be honest with you guys. I think one reason UConn has always "underperformed" statistically speaking in recruiting is in large part due to UConn's campus itself. These guys are top athletes in their states and have hopes and dreams of living a great college life that they will remember forever. I went to UConn for four years and love the school and tradition, but the campus and social life are laughable. All there is to do at UConn besides trying not to freeze to death are the three mediocre bars on campus, or go to off campus housing developments for parties, which in the last 5 years the administration has seriously stifled due to the Jasper Howard incident and associated bad press.

These guys want to play basketball, but they are also living here for four years of their lives, so it makes sense for them to want to enjoy those years. In that regard its very difficult for UConn to compete with southern schools or Big10 schools, even if their basketball traditions are a fraction of ours. This also explains why we were successful with the guys we DID get. Calhoun brought in hard nosed kids who in many cases had few other options. These guys who came to UConn only had one focus in mind, which was playing basketball, nothing else mattered, thats why the campus life wasnt really an issue. In my eyes, top recruits see this and it impacts their decision, moreso than the staff issues, I mean who doesnt want to play for Kevin Ollies, especially after a title win (apparently many kids...).

Have to say "Nah" it's not closing. I mean Caron Butler, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Donny and Donyell Marshall, Rudy Johnson, Hasheem, Stanley, Kirk are from all over the place and the campus wasn't half as nice then as it is now. Hate to say it but eventually we need to look at the reality of the situation - they need a closer and a new conference eventually

Reaction Score
Ill be honest with you guys. I think one reason UConn has always "underperformed" statistically speaking in recruiting is in large part due to UConn's campus itself. These guys are top athletes in their states and have hopes and dreams of living a great college life that they will remember forever. I went to UConn for four years and love the school and tradition, but the campus and social life are laughable, I had such bad cabin fever during the winter of my freshman year I almost transferred out despite half my high school class and entire social group being at UConn with me. All there is to do at UConn besides trying not to freeze to death are the three mediocre bars on campus, or go to off campus housing developments for parties, which in the last 5 years the administration has seriously stifled due to the Jasper Howard incident and associated bad press.

Disagree, Calhoun rarely brought in a top 10 one and done kid but we lived off of top 50 kids that turned into stars during Calhoun's whole coaching career.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Have to say "Nah" it's not closing. I mean Caron Butler, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Donny and Donyell Marshall, Rudy Johnson, Hasheem, Stanley, Kirk are from all over the place and the campus wasn't half as nice then as it is now. Hate to say it but eventually we need to look at the reality of the situation - they need a closer and a new conference eventually
There are definitely exceptions to my hypothesis.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Disagree, Calhoun rarely brought in a top 10 one and done kid but we lived off of top 50 kids that turned into stars during Calhoun's whole coaching career.
Im saying Calhoun didnt bring in those Top 10 guys because those guys dont want to come here partly for the reason I stated. Those guys have different agendas than the Top 50 crowd we are accustomed too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Im saying Calhoun didnt bring in those Top 10 guys because those guys dont want to come here partly for the reason I stated. Those guys have different agendas than the Top 50 crowd we are accustomed too.

Your reasoning was stupid from start to finish.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Was this kid recruited by Karl Hobbs?

I got the three Stooges playing with fire and tossing cream pies. Doesn't get better than that.

Reaction Score

I imagine that every top 50 kid thinks they are a top 10 kid who got shafted. They don't have different agendas.

Reaction Score

This is a lot of nonsense because you're starting from an incorrect premise. UConn did not "under-perform" in recruiting when Calhoun was in charge. Duke and Carolina got who they wanted and everybody else fought for what was left over, including UConn.

Reaction Score

I dont disagree with your campus analysis but the type of recruits we should be pulling in are the types that care less about the college experience and more about continuing their careers on the next level. I mean Syracuse is the worst place on the planet and should be donated to Canada but they have no problems pulling in top recruits.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie has just offered a California point guard a scholarship: Jar Jar Blinks.
Reports say he runs like a rabbit and has extremely long arms. He should be a future star in the basketball wars to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom