Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I dont disagree with your campus analysis but the type of recruits we should be pulling in are the types that care less about the college experience and more about continuing their careers on the next level. I mean Syracuse is the worst place on the planet and should be donated to Canada but they have no problems pulling in top recruits.
Ive been to Syracuse to visit a friend before and there is A LOT more night life in Cuse than in Storrs. Anyway yea my point may be dumb and unfounded, but its just something Ive always had in the back of my head.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I imagine that every top 50 kid thinks they are a top 10 kid who got shafted. They don't have different agendas.
The difference being the Top 10 guys have had NBA scouts and agents in their ears for a couple years before committing, whereas the Top 50 guys are just great basketball players with less NBA talk due to lack of NBA size or athleticism.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A lot less. Looks like a nice little kid, for Howie D.

Sorry Mau, I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this. He may or may not be a UCONN-caliber recruit, but in no way is he down to the CCSU level of recruit. Howie's program is literally at the bottom of the D1 totem pole. According to VerbalCommits (http://verbalcommits.com/players/jahshire-hardnett), this kid has offers from Clemson, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Northwestern, Texas Tech, Houston, and Tulsa. To say that Howie is competing with these schools for guys is wishful thinking.
In contrast, here's a smattering of the schools that he beat out for CCSU's current 2015 class: Kennesaw State, Abilene Christian, Radford, VMI, UMBC...two kids out of four kids had no other D1 offers.

Hardnett isn't junk. He has 4 more P5 offers than Amida Brimah did. Granted these are P5 schools we are way ahead of as a program, but he is not a NEC player.

Reaction Score
Ollie has just offered a California point guard a scholarship: Jar Jar Blinks.
Reports say he runs like a rabbit and has extremely long arms. He should be a future star in the basketball wars to follow.
So I did bite on this. I am deeply embarrassed that I did. I will never ever do it again.

See he is laughing at me.
jarjar.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
If UConn had given this a real offer he probably would have committed already. This reminds me of that Kentucky/Canadian PG last year.

Speaking of guards though, what's the deal with the four star guard that just decommitted from Marquette? Nvm saw the other thread.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If UConn had given this a real offer he probably would have committed already. This reminds me of that Kentucky/Canadian PG last year.

Speaking of guards though, what's the deal with the four star guard that just decommitted from Marquette? Nvm saw the other thread.

So we're assuming he's lying? Got it.

Reaction Score
The difference being the Top 10 guys have had NBA scouts and agents in their ears for a couple years before committing, whereas the Top 50 guys are just great basketball players with less NBA talk due to lack of NBA size or athleticism.

I think you're overstating the difference between a kid ranked, say, 9th and one ranked 25th.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) He's undersized - 5'10-ish, but strong. Not a shooter.

2) He's not playing this season after transferring from ACD - players have been concerned about the programs there.

3) His offer sheet is not exactly current - it's Kansas State and Murray State with interest from Cal, Memphis and others.

4) There's very, very little out there in terms of point guards and we've whiffed our way to this - the offer doesn't surprise me and I'm sure it's legit.

5) No idea what's going on with Traci Carter, but we seem to keep canceling visits there - kind of a trend this year, actually.

They need a point guard. They need a point guard. They need a point guard. He is a point guard. Rankings aside, he is apparently one of the top two or three available, so there we are.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think you're overstating the difference between a kid ranked, say, 9th and one ranked 25th.
Im saying more like a kid ranked 5th versus a kid in the 50-60 range, similar to Enoch.

Reaction Score
We're def going down mid-major road again. See- Facey, Nolan and Tsam.

Would someone please explain to me how any human being can be stupid enough to call someone who played an important (not starring but important) role on a national championship team a mid-major player? Seriously, how can someone that level IQ turn on their computer, find a board and type?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Would someone please explain to me how any human being can be stupid enough to call someone who played an important (not starring but important) role on a national championship team a mid-major player? Seriously, how can someone that level IQ turn on their computer, find a board and type?

They were on a team that lost to Yale and Houston this year, so it's their fault. *facepalm*

caw

Reaction Score

This boards getting very hard to read.

Reaction Score
If we are going after small point guards, I'd like to see the staff look into Damontrae Jefferson. He makes Hardnett look big but he is an electric player and lit up the AAU circuit this summer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we are going after small point guards, I'd like to see the staff look into Damontrae Jefferson. He makes Hardnett look big but he is an electric player and lit up the AAU circuit this summer.

He's like 5'6".

If you're going to be 5'8" or small, you better be John Linehan.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
He's like 5'6". If you're going to be 5'8" or small, you better be John Linehan.

I think he may be. Kid is an exciting player. I'd actually be pretty excited to bring him in. I thought he had already committed to Southern Miss but apparently not.

Reaction Score
As exciting of a player that he is, he is a problem. Kicked out of Milwaukee school system

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Can anyone fill me in on why Prince Ali and Will Jackson de-committed?
Its kind of unknown since they never went outright and said why. Their decommitments are concerning considering the debate among fans over whether the staff has a lack of recruiting acumen and hasnt brought in an outside staff member to remedy the issue. The consensus I believe among this board is that they decommited because Ollie didnt maintain enough contact with Ali after he verbally committed and Jackson felt as though he was being recruited over (which he was, but now that strategy has clearly backfired on the staff as we got none of our additional targets besides Jalen who I think was always a UConn lock). But really who knows, it doesnt seem like a strong enough reason to decommit from the defending national champions in my eyes.

caw

Reaction Score
Can anyone fill me in on why Prince Ali and Will Jackson de-committed?

Jackson and UConn mutually parted ways. He was more than adequately replaced by Adams.

Ali, he decided to go elsewhere, if someone has heard a good explanation, if love to hear it also.

I would like either right now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reply, but what? I am not sure what you mean.
We started recruiting other guys who play the same spot/same style as those guys, and they each saw that as a threat to their playing time - probably both short- and long-term.

The unfortunate fact is that we ended up whiffing on the guys we were stretching for (Briscoe, Dorsey, maybe a couple others), and lost both Ali & Jackson in the process.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Ollie apparently lost touch with Jackson. This could've been because he was getting closer with Adams, or it could've been him being careless. We who aren't on staff have no way of knowing his specific motivations, so it's a waste of time to invent reasons.

Also, mod request: can the title be edited to "PG 'Jahshire' Hardnett"? It's been bugging me as is.

caw

Reaction Score
Its kind of unknown since they never went outright and said why. Their decommitments are concerning considering the debate among fans over whether the staff has a lack of recruiting acumen and hasnt brought in an outside staff member to remedy the issue. The consensus I believe among this board is that they decommited because Ollie didnt maintain enough contact with Ali after he verbally committed and Jackson felt as though he was being recruited over (which he was, but now that strategy has clearly backfired on the staff as we got none of our additional targets besides Jalen who I think was always a UConn lock). But really who knows, it doesnt seem like a strong enough reason to decommit from the defending national champions in my eyes.

Ollie did not stop recruiting Ali as far as I know. I don't know any analyst, contact, etc that has heard a reasonable explanation. He seemed like a perfect fit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom