Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Ollie apparently lost touch with Jackson. This could've been because he was getting closer with Adams, or it could've been him being careless. We who aren't on staff have no way of knowing his specific motivations, so it's a waste of time to invent reasons.
Very true. It's also worth mentioning that Jackson was an absolute dumpster fire last summer against high-level comp, and while he's picked it up somewhat this high school season he looks very much like a 3-star prospect, not a 4- or 5-star.

I don't really mind recruiting over a 3-star that we land early in the process.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Very true. It's also worth mentioning that Jackson was an absolute dumpster fire last summer against high-level comp, and while he's picked it up somewhat this high school season he looks very much like a 3-star prospect, not a 4- or 5-star.

I don't really mind recruiting over a 3-star that we land early in the process.

I feel like Jackson got a tone of hype here once he committed, and that's why losing him felt like it hurt. Obviously he would be an upgrade over the current lack of a second guard this class has, but I'm not too bothered.

Reaction Score
Jackson and UConn mutually parted ways. He was more than adequately replaced by Adams.

Ali, he decided to go elsewhere, if someone has heard a good explanation, if love to hear it also.

I would like either right now.
Rumor I heard on Ali was UCLA was in his ear moment he committed (they had been recruiting before he committed, and his teammate Goloman was already committed to UCLA for 2014). Also heard that he was worried about Ollie and the NBA, but not sure what to believe. Could just be talk.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
husky99 said:
Plan R.

They way our recruiting goes, I'd sign up for a plan R lest we end up with plan ZZ

Reaction Score
@JoshuaParrott: 2015 3-star G Jahshire Hardnett tweeted UConn has offered. 13 PPG as SR @ ACD (FL)+22 PPG as JR @ Gulfport (MS). Cal & MEM recently offered.

@jeffborzello: 2015 PG Jahshire Hardnett on his new UCONN offer: "Great feeling. I'm still shocked...The style of play fits exactly what I'm looking for."

Reaction Score
Guys if he can dribble better than TSam, Purvis, or Cassell then there is a spot for him. He doesn't have to start but spell Adams, put Adams at the two at times and effectively bring the ball up against full court pressure. We don't need a star for this, just a positional player who is qualified to handle the ball. Not sure if the staff is that confident in the 3 players above in handling this task.

If he can do that on a Div 1 level for 4 years then give him a schollie. He can be told that he is a security blanket coming in. If he performs better than that then we win out. Remember he shouldn't scare 2016, 2017 recruits.

The staff can keep looking (i.e. recruiting) even if this kid comes and certainly before he accepts.

Reaction Score
He's barely ranked top 250. This is borderline depressing UConn recruiting is so bad. Adams was a good get, Enoch a local kid and we are not relevant with other top prospects. Maybe we can beat out Southern Miss, South AL or LA Monroe for him

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't see how getting an undersized point guard who has never handled the ball against college competition or has no jump shot, is expected to play for this program. Its the complete opposite of what we need - its actually just adding more problems.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
@JoshuaParrott: 2015 3-star G Jahshire Hardnett tweeted UConn has offered. 13 PPG as SR @ ACD (FL)+22 PPG as JR @ Gulfport (MS). Cal & MEM recently offered.

@jeffborzello: 2015 PG Jahshire Hardnett on his new UCONN offer: "Great feeling. I'm still shocked...The style of play fits exactly what I'm looking for."
55 points per game and turnovers??? ;)

Reaction Score
I'm usually not a sky is falling type but there is really no good spin on what is going on with recruiting. This kid is not a UConn level player and we are starting to look very desperate. I'm holding out hope for 2 of Bruce Brown, Traci Carter and Georgios Papagianis but things don't look good right now.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm usually not a sky is falling type but there is really no good spin on what is going on with recruiting. This kid is not a UConn level player and we are starting to look very desperate. I'm holding out hope for 2 of Bruce Brown, Traci Carter and Georgios Papagianis but things don't look good right now.
Harkening back to the Garrison era of UCONN recruiting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not suicidal over this.

We need a point guard - I thought he looked pretty good in his highlight video. ("Yeah, but who doesn't?!", says you. Point conceded.)

But here....

Follow
Corey Evans‏@coreyevans_10
Jahshire Hardnett has my vote as best available lead guard. Lefty moves the ball and changes gears up with the best of them.

Reaction Score

Ah, Jahshire, I think we're all in shock....

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Guys if he can dribble better than TSam, Purvis, or Cassell then there is a spot for him. He doesn't have to start but spell Adams, put Adams at the two at times and effectively bring the ball up against full court pressure. We don't need a star for this, just a positional player who is qualified to handle the ball. Not sure if the staff is that confident in the 3 players above in handling this task.

If he can do that on a Div 1 level for 4 years then give him a schollie. He can be told that he is a security blanket coming in. If he performs better than that then we win out. Remember he shouldn't scare 2016, 2017 recruits.

The staff can keep looking (i.e. recruiting) even if this kid comes and certainly before he accepts.

Yeah, but if he is no better than them, we are making the problem worse. We don't need more guards we'd rather not see play.

Reaction Score
UCweCONN said:
Harkening back to the Garrison era of UCONN recruiting.

You understand that we only brought in Garrison in August because our two point guards were arrested and potentially at risk of expulsion, right? Rob Garrison is a meaningless example of anything and I don't understand why his name keeps popping up. Unless we have two guys arrested at the same position in the summer again, his cautionary tale isn't relevant.

If you want the last player we totally reached on based on recruiting rankings because we had a very specific need for a role player and just took the best available scrap we could find - he's now our starting center. And we don't win a title without him. (Well, Lubin was probably that sort of recruit as well. Too early to tell but it doesn't seem like he's going to be a diamond in the rough, but maybe he pulls a Toraino Walker one day and becomes a key cog thereafter).

Reaction Score
After watching his highlight video, is it me or does the ball seem a little too loose in his hands at all times (while dribbling and even passing like he doesn't have control of the ball) esp. for a pg.

Reaction Score
I don't give two turds what Jonathan Givoney or Corey Evans says, this kid is not a UConn level recruit. Recognize the problem- we have a conference problem, we have a recruiting problem, we have a Hartford Civic Center problem. One problem should be easy as heck to fix, the two others are more daunting. I feel like as a fanbase and as a state we always think small, it has always hamstrung us and it's a small miracle that we accomplished what we did with Jim and Geno. Honest to god it took two visionaries and some support but let's remember the blood sweat and tears it took to build this beast, and let's get back to that. We shouldn't settle for anything, that ain't UConn.

Reaction Score
My "video" eyes tell me Carter is much more UConn than is Hardnett. But who knows, it's tough to think we are in this position to actually care.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
For those who are crying over this, Carter picked up two UConn votes in the crystal ball yesterday. We could be trying to force his hand offering someone like Hardnett (who I don't think looks all that bad). Niether have scheduled a visit anyway, which is what I'm really waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom