Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we better off saving one or two of these schollies to wait and see what happens, or otherwise hold them for the 2016 class? With the four year schollie rule now in place, wouldn't it make more sense to get a higher calibur kid in 2016, than a lower calibur kid in 2015, who still won't contribute much anyways?

I wouldn't mind having an EX-calibur on our team

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Seems like we're not recruiting him anymore.

Anyway, he just picked up an offer from Houston. And he posted a new video:

These training videos are way more interesting to me than the highlight videos. Good to see he's working on his shot and his off-hand handle. Always easy to root for a kid who puts in the work.

Reaction Score
I want another Guard as much as anyone, but the hoop looks 12 feet tall when he plays - and I say that as someone sub 6'.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That kid schooled like five chairs at once.

He is short, but he's strong and he can jump.

I don't think he visited Penn State this weekend - it seems that he's just shy of receiving hard offers from high majors.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
God help us... 6 pages for Jashire Hardnett ?!? This kid is not UConn material, we'll pick up a gem in 2016... As for next year, it's a trio b/w Adams, TSam, & SamJr....no one available today (outside of a true diamond in the ruff) will get in that cypher for 2015.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
FWIW, freshman PG Johnnie Vassar just transferred out of Northwestern, opening up a scholarship. Could potentially be to make room for Hardnett.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So, what is holding up his decision? Midnight is coming quickly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looks like it's between Uconn, Georgerown, Wisconsin and Murray State.

That's not a current list. I'd be surprised if any of the four was his ultimate pick.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie's pitch should be that we are a player away and you are the player. He should land someone who wants to actually make a tourney run.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Ollie's pitch should be that we are a player away and you are the player. He should land someone who wants to actually make a tourney run.
But he's not that player. You sign someone like Hardnett in the hopes that he'll be a difference-maker as a junior or senior, not with the expectation that he'll be one as a freshman or sophomore. And if we do sign him, it makes it that much harder to get a guy like Gilbert or Gibbs - who can be actual, factual contributors right off the bat.

Anyway, it looks very much like he'll be going to either Penn State or Mississippi State, unless he u-turns back to Murray State at the last minute. Good luck to the kid.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
But he's not that player. You sign someone like Hardnett in the hopes that he'll be a difference-maker as a junior or senior, not with the expectation that he'll be one as a freshman or sophomore. And if we do sign him, it makes it that much harder to get a guy like Gilbert or Gibbs - who can be actual, factual contributors right off the bat.

Anyway, it looks very much like he'll be going to either Penn State or Mississippi State, unless he u-turns back to Murray State at the last minute. Good luck to the kid.
We got a shot next season. We need a player now. If not this guy, then Smith. We need someone who can give us 15 minutes off the bench at point. Create a little offense. By the time Gibert arrives,
Brimah, Miller, DHam and Purvis could be gone.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Really. You mean like Bazz?
TSAM?
Bazz & TSam were rated significantly higher than Hardnett & Smith. Bazz was around 80th, TSam around 125 (and rarely played 15 mpg, by the way). Both Hardnett and Smith are 200ish or lower.

That's not to say that the rankings are bound to be 100% correct. But I'd be shocked if either of these guys came in and got significant PG minutes ahead of three guys (TSam, SamIIAm, Adams) who are more experienced and higher rated.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
No team that plays Hardnett or Smith for 15 mpg as a freshman is going to compete for a title.
So, I can believe you or I can ask the coaches of Penn St, Memphis, Georgetown, UConn, Clemson,
Murray St., Mississippi St, California(have any major conferences been left out?), whether they think he can play 15 minutes a game for them. Hymmmmmm.... tough choice.

Reaction Score

So, I can believe you or I can ask the coaches of Penn St, Memphis, Georgetown, UConn, Clemson,
Murray St., Mississippi St, California(have any major conferences been left out?), whether they think he can play 15 minutes a game for them. Hymmmmmm.... tough choice.
If Hardnett had a real offer from UConn (or any of those schools), he'd be committed by now. On top of that, he's not the type of player that needs to be pitched or persuaded to come play at UConn. I don't know what to say if you think 15 minutes of Hardnett is the key to title #5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32