Giants | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My son for the last couple of years said he would like see Eli gone. Of course I told him he was nuts. Well.....

Not on Eli. And if your son watched him last year and thought he should go he needs to understand the game a little better. Eli's had his years but he's been playing with a crappy OLine for quite q while now and is still one of the best.

Reaction Score
2012 super bowl should have been Eli and Tom (at least starting) their ride off into the sunset.

Reaction Score
Not on Eli. And if your son watched him last year and thought he should go he needs to understand the game a little better. Eli's had his years but he's been playing with a crappy OLine for quite q while now and is still one of the best.
You think Eli is one of the best?

Reaction Score
You think Eli is one of the best?

Yep because he is. He's not Brady or Rogers obviously but you can't name me too many more I'd take before him playing now. As Boomer E said on his show last week in reply to Carton saying he and Romo were close, he said give Eli the same line as Tony has had and you'd then know how much better Eli is.

He's had nothing for a line for years, when Snee and the boys starting getting hurt the GM has never been able to put anything to gather worth while. Now you get Pugh back, the kid from Miami goes down and the other guy broke his leg last week. Ever heard of 2 of the guys playing on that line today? I mean that's why they can't run, easy team to defend I would think in preparation.

Reaction Score
Can the defense make a late game stop? Why does it always have to be on the offense to win games. Giants have blown multiple games with 10 pt 4th quarter leads. At some point the defense unit has to man up. Tom is gone.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The O-line is bad. However too many bad decisions especially this year, As far as knowing the game I think we all do. It is a matter opinion. I am a Eli fan. Not as strong as the last few years.

Reaction Score
Can the defense make a late game stop? Why does it always have to be on the offense to win games. Giants have blown multiple games with 10 pt 4th quarter leads. At some point the defense unit has to man up. Tom is gone.

Defense has been awful down the stretch totally agree. But if they kick the 3 there the Jets would have had to go for 7 the prior drive and time would have elapsed or they would;t have made it. It's just really poor management of the clock and points again and again.

The defense plays good for 3 quarters, well enough to win then they play behind the receivers, everyone afraid to make a mistake. It's a comedy of errors for Giants fans. I really need a win from the Huskies Tuesday :confused:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Chris Snee was a drive killer. At least a couple a game. Always at the worse time.

Reaction Score
The O-line is bad. However too many bad decisions especially this year, As far as knowing the game I think we all do. It is a matter opinion. I am a Eli fan. Not as strong as the last few years.

Agree but also he HAS TO make decisions they aren't scoring without him taking chances and I accept the give and take on that as a fan.

Reaction Score
Chris Snee was a drive killer. At least a couple a game. Always at the worse time.

That line together was very very good. Not quite Jumbo, Brad and the boys but damn good.

Reaction Score
Yep because he is. He's not Brady or Rogers obviously but you can't name me too many more I'd take before him playing now. As Boomer E said on his show last week in reply to Carton saying he and Romo were close, he said give Eli the same line as Tony has had and you'd then know how much better Eli is.

He's had nothing for a line for years, when Snee and the boys starting getting hurt the GM has never been able to put anything to gather worth while. Now you get Pugh back, the kid from Miami goes down and the other guy broke his leg last week. Ever heard of 2 of the guys playing on that line today? I mean that's why they can't run, easy team to defend I would think in preparation.
Rodgers, Brady, Newton, Brees, Rothlisberger, Wilson, Rivers, Palmer, Luck and Romo are all better than Eli. You can argue a spot or two but he'll always be borderline top 10, if you consider that one of the best then I guess you are right.

Reaction Score
Rodgers, Brady, Newton, Brees, Rothlisberger, Wilson, Rivers, Palmer, Luck and Romo are all better than Eli. You can argue a spot or two but he'll always be borderline top 10, if you consider that one of the best then I guess you are right.
His pocket presence this year has been awful. He doesn't ever fight to not get sacked and holds on to the ball too long rather than throw the ball away, he isn't a cerebral QB like Brady or Rothlisberger

Reaction Score

Carson Palmer? Is that a joke?

Reaction Score
Coughlin should have been canned 2 years ago, but this is what the Giants get for being a conservative, slow-to-react (rather than proactive) franchise.

At this point, the fans' ire shouldn't be directed at Coughlin. It should be directed at ownership.

Reaction Score
He is 36 and never won a playoff game. But he played well in 6 games last year and a little better than Eli this year. No way is Palmer better than Eli.
He's also had an injury plagued career and has had to play for many different coaches and systems while Eli has had the same team, coach and system his whole career. I'll give you that Eli has had a better career than Palmer but to say Palmer has only been a little better than Eli this season is laughable, he's an MVP candidate.

Reaction Score
Fine with keeping Eli, but wouldn't mind seeing Coughlin let go.

Reaction Score
He's also had an injury plagued career and has had to play for many different coaches and systems while Eli has had the same team, coach and system his whole career. I'll give you that Eli has had a better career than Palmer but to say Palmer has only been a little better than Eli this season is laughable, he's an MVP candidate.

Eli is in the second season of a new system and you can't use injuries as an excuse in the NFL. Eli's durability is an asset.

Reaction Score
Eli is in the second season of a new system and you can't use injuries as an excuse in the NFL. Eli's durability is an asset.
My only point was Eli is not one of the best QB's, he's never been one of the best QB's in a single season. I admitted he's had a better career but Palmer is way better than him this year. I give Eli credit for winning two Super Bowls and for staying healthy, he's a good QB but has never been one of the best.

Reaction Score
I could not believe what I saw. 4th down with a chance to force the Jets to get 2 touchdowns. They took a time out to make that moronic decision. I was standing next go my son in law and I muttered I need a psychiatrist, and I realized that my son in law is one. He says " Even I can't fix their decision making". Clock management problems all year and then this. Bye bye Tom, Eli is OK we will not do better than him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I could not believe what I saw. 4th down with a chance to force the Jets to get 2 touchdowns. They took a time out to make that moronic decision. I was standing next go my son in law and I muttered I need a psychiatrist, and I realized that my son in law is one. He says " Even I can't fix their decision making". Clock management problems all year and then this. Bye bye Tom, Eli is OK we will not do better than him.

I'd be mad, except I'm convinced it would have only resulted in the Jets winning in regulation.

I really hate this team. I blame Reese. He's hit big a couple times in the draft, which has obscured his overall ineptitude.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was listening to the game on Sirius. Came home with a Giant 20-10 lead. No game on here. ESPN had Giants with 2 minutes to go. What the hell happened. Somebody has to pay for this one. A perfect opportunity to take over first. Now even a Wild Card is in Jeopardy. How many heads will roll for this one. Shocking. There has to be at least one head on a spear posted in the locker room.
A wild card was never in realm of possibility for the NFC East. It's all or nothing in that division.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My only point was Eli is not one of the best QB's, he's never been one of the best QB's in a single season. I admitted he's had a better career but Palmer is way better than him this year. I give Eli credit for winning two Super Bowls and for staying healthy, he's a good QB but has never been one of the best.
2011?

Reaction Score

Wilson, Rivers, Palmer. Luck, Romo? Ok you win :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01