Giants | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My only point was Eli is not one of the best QB's, he's never been one of the best QB's in a single season. I admitted he's had a better career but Palmer is way better than him this year. I give Eli credit for winning two Super Bowls and for staying healthy, he's a good QB but has never been one of the best.

Not sure of your hatred for Eli but it's not very becoming. And it fogs your reality in a big way.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not sure of your hatred for Eli but it's not very becoming. And it fogs your reality in a big way.

Mau, come on man...where are you getting hatred from??

Saying "he's a good QB but has never been one of the best" and "he's never been one of the best QB's in a single season" are really, really far from hating him.

Reaction Score
Mau, come on man...where are you getting hatred from??

Saying "he's a good QB but has never been one of the best" and "he's never been one of the best QB's in a single season" are really, really far from hating him.

I believe sj is a Giants fan unless I am wrong? If he is and he's our guy, knowing what he's done for us as fans and throwing guys like Wilson, Rivers, Palmer, Luck (hasn't had enough time to do anything) and Romo ahead of him is ridiculous. There's room for comparison everywhere I get that, but as a Giants fan I don't get the "hatred" from within the family, it doesn't sit well. To each their own but I can and will question a fellow "fan"!

Reaction Score
Eli bashers are out in full force in giants.com. Don't really get the hate for eli, some of our fans look forward to him playing bad so they can be vindicated. Really weird, it's been this way since he was drafted. No o-line, no running game, terrible receivers outside of obj and defense blows every game late.

Reaction Score
Eli bashers are out in full force in giants.com. Don't really get the hate for eli, some of our fans look forward to him playing bad so they can be vindicated. Really weird, it's been this way since he was drafted. No o-line, no running game, terrible receivers outside of obj and defense blows every game late.
The recievers outside of OBJ are pretty underwhelming, but Eli has also been very inaccurate recently. Right around 50% for the past few games. He started out great this year but hasn't been good the last few weeks

Reaction Score

I remember watching Dave Brown, Danney Kannell and Kent Graham as the starting QB of Giants. I think Eli bashers are forgetting about them.

Reaction Score
I believe sj is a Giants fan unless I am wrong? If he is and he's our guy, knowing what he's done for us as fans and throwing guys like Wilson, Rivers, Palmer, Luck (hasn't had enough time to do anything) and Romo ahead of him is ridiculous. There's room for comparison everywhere I get that, but as a Giants fan I don't get the "hatred" from within the family, it doesn't sit well. To each their own but I can and will question a fellow "fan"!
Mau, chill brother. Been a Giants diehard since I was an infant and love Coughlin and Eli for helping to bring us two rings and because they are a part of the Giants family but I will always call it like it is. I want Coughlin gone because he's done a horrible job this season and he probably should have retired a season or 2 ago. Eli puts up good numbers but is too mistake prone and just isn't elite in my opinion, I didn't even say they should go in a different direction at QB but if there was someone out there we could get that would be better than Eli I would happily go in that direction. I want the Giants to have the best chance of winning conference championships and Super Bowls, if I don't think Coughlin and Eli can do those things I call it out. No clue where you are getting that I hate Eli??? I don't think Daniel Hamilton is as good as Ben Simmons either, doesn't mean I hate Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I remember watching Dave Brown, Danney Kannell and Kent Graham as the starting QB of Giants. I think Eli bashers are forgetting about them.

Me too. Honestly think some of them are too young. Giants had some dreadful QB's in the 90's. Back then the defense was pretty good, but we couldn't score.

Reaction Score
I remember them well and Eli is way better than them. Jay Cutler is possibly the best QB in Bears history but I still think he sucks. If you're trying to make a point that Eli is better than those scrubs you have a pretty low bar.

Reaction Score
I remember them well and Eli is way better than them. Jay Cutler is possibly the best QB in Bears history but I still think he sucks. If you're trying to make a point that Eli is better than those scrubs you have a pretty low bar.

No, my point is some Giants fans treat him like he is the equal to those scrubs. I never said Eli was the best QB in NFL but he is a top 10 QB with 2 SuperBowl MVPs and some Giants fans want to dump him. For who exactly, they have no idea.

Reaction Score
How many times have the Giants had 3rd down and 1 yard or less and couldn't do it? How about 1st and ten and a 1 or 2 yard gain? This has been going on for YEARS. The offensive line opens no holes, anyone notice? Eli has to put the ball up and everyone knows it. Today we started to see some pressure on the quarterback finally but our linebackers and defensive backs can't stop a pass, particularly 3rd down all year. Need a running game, even Brady needs one.

Reaction Score

Say what you want but you don't like the man. I'm chilled but no Giants fan in his right mind actually believes Tony Romo (close only because he's had the best OLine in football his whole career, only reason and yet he hasn't won ANYTHING), Philip Rivers, Palmer or Russell Wilson are as good as this guy. For whatever reason, and I don't really care, you despise your QB who has done so much yet you don't see it? Crazy man, just crazy. Makes you think the same as Pats fans.

And no one says you have to believe your guy, whatever position whatever sport, has to be the best according to you. Just sometimes there's other reasons, and this has to be one of them. I mean what else can the man do for his fans?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

3rd most drops in the the NFL doesn't make their receivers bad NC_UF this is all on Eli!:rolleyes: Their on the 3rd and 4th TE's with their best a rookie out of Stony Brook. But hey if he was a Top 10 QB he wouldn't need a TE. None of the good ones have one didn't you know that?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Eli is the greatest boneheaded qb in nfl history, and I mean that in a good way somehow...

Reaction Score
Say what you want but you don't like the man. I'm chilled but no Giants fan in his right mind actually believes Tony Romo (close only because he's had the best OLine in football his whole career, only reason and yet he hasn't won ANYTHING), Philip Rivers, Palmer or Russell Wilson are as good as this guy. For whatever reason, and I don't really care, you despise your QB who has done so much yet you don't see it? Crazy man, just crazy. Makes you think the same as Pats fans.

And no one says you have to believe your guy, whatever position whatever sport, has to be the best according to you. Just sometimes there's other reasons, and this has to be one of them. I mean what else can the man do for his fans?
You're being unreasonable and ridiculous. I hate him? I don't like the man? He's actually one of my favorite athletes, love Eli's personality I'm just a realist when it comes to how great he is. I've said he's a good QB a million times but you claimed he is one of the best and I just don't agree with that. Eli is the most intercepted quarterback of the last decade or so and has led the league in interceptions three times in his career, you will probably blame that on not having any good receivers or having no running game. I love the Giants and love Eli but I don't play the game of saying the players on my team are the best in the league just because they are on my team.

Reaction Score
You're being unreasonable and ridiculous. I hate him? I don't like the man? He's actually one of my favorite athletes, love Eli's personality I'm just a realist when it comes to how great he is. I've said he's a good QB a million times but you claimed he is one of the best and I just don't agree with that. Eli is the most intercepted quarterback of the last decade or so and has led the league in interceptions three times in his career, you will probably blame that on not having any good receivers or having no running game. I love the Giants and love Eli but I don't play the game of saying the players on my team are the best in the league just because they are on my team.

Eli is what he is high risk high reward, ill take it, around a bad team there isn't a lot of reward. Now can the Giants tank the season please.

Reaction Score
The fact that it seems to be a near consensus among Giant fans to fire Coughlin is baffling to me. I understand that this would signal the fourth year in a row without a postseason appearance, but HE'S WON TWO SUPER BOWLS IN THE LAST EIGHT YEARS. As an Eagles fan, I'd give just about anything for them to win one of those things. I don't want to say some of you are spoiled but some of you are spoiled. I realize it's senseless to pay now for past victories, but at what point do those past victories - victories of which, by the way, followed almost identical dialogue that is ongoing now - represent a pattern of success that is, if not perfectly predictable, at least plausible?

Look, Andy Reid coached my team for over a decade. And as much as I love the guy, there cannot possibly ever be a coach in the history of sports that consistently provoked more unbridled confusion and frustration from his fan base. So I get it - it's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch them lose in a fashion that causes you to question whether sports is just another word for self-harm.

But s***, if the results of four and eight years ago are going to be so thoughtlessly described as events that have no baring on the future, then maybe we should at least consider the fact that there have been a hell of a lot of plays this season that, completely independent of coaching, also have no baring on the future.

I'll ask: if Eli Manning doesn't throw the ball away against Dallas, if Landon Collins doesn't drop an interception that amounted to a fair catch, if Stephen Gostowski doesn't nail a 55 yard field goal (I can go on)...are you saying the same thing right now? Because if you're not, then I think you're making what ought to be a purely objective decision in the aftermath of a game where human emotion makes that impossible.

Frankly, I don't think the Giants are very talented. Until JPP returned, their front seven was among the worst in the league. They can't run the ball. Their offensive line has been poor. As a coach, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do when you're starting from a disadvantage on both sides of the line of scrimmage...and yet still, this is a team that could easily be 8-4.

Coughlin is part of the problem, not the problem. But he was part of the problem four years ago and eight years ago, too, and then suddenly he became part of the success. I understand wanting to go with a younger guy if the future is going to demand a painful rebuilding process, but if you're rational for cutting ties is that he went for it up ten today (a decision I agree with, by the way) then I think you're looking at this wrong.

Reaction Score
The fact that it seems to be a near consensus among Giant fans to fire Coughlin is baffling to me. I understand that this would signal the fourth year in a row without a postseason appearance, but HE'S WON TWO SUPER BOWLS IN THE LAST EIGHT YEARS. As an Eagles fan, I'd give just about anything for them to win one of those things. I don't want to say some of you are spoiled but some of you are spoiled. I realize it's senseless to pay now for past victories, but at what point do those past victories - victories of which, by the way, followed almost identical dialogue that is ongoing now - represent a pattern of success that is, if not perfectly predictable, at least plausible?

Look, Andy Reid coached my team for over a decade. And as much as I love the guy, there cannot possibly ever be a coach in the history of sports that consistently provoked more unbridled confusion and frustration from his fan base. So I get it - it's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch them lose in a fashion that causes you to question whether sports is just another word for self-harm.

But s***, if the results of four and eight years ago are going to be so thoughtlessly described as events that have no baring on the future, then maybe we should at least consider the fact that there have been a hell of a lot of plays this season that, completely independent of coaching, also have no baring on the future.

I'll ask: if Eli Manning doesn't throw the ball away against Dallas, if Landon Collins doesn't drop an interception that amounted to a fair catch, if Stephen Gostowski doesn't nail a 55 yard field goal (I can go on)...are you saying the same thing right now? Because if you're not, then I think you're making what ought to be a purely objective decision in the aftermath of a game where human emotion makes that impossible.

Frankly, I don't think the Giants are very talented. Until JPP returned, their front seven was among the worst in the league. They can't run the ball. Their offensive line has been poor. As a coach, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do when you're starting from a disadvantage on both sides of the line of scrimmage...and yet still, this is a team that could easily be 8-4.

Coughlin is part of the problem, not the problem. But he was part of the problem four years ago and eight years ago, too, and then suddenly he became part of the success. I understand wanting to go with a younger guy if the future is going to demand a painful rebuilding process, but if you're rational for cutting ties is that he went for it up ten today (a decision I agree with, by the way) then I think you're looking at this wrong.
But the reason we want him to resign(firing him would be disrespectful, if you're gonna fire him wait till the seasons over) is that his playcalling at the end of games has been very bad. Passing it when there's 2 minutes left and not running out the clock, going for it when a field goal would've made it a 13 pt game, playing Andre Williams who couldn't make a rock miss, etc. For a coach who has been in and around the game for so long, he has showed a lack of knowledge and situational play calling, and that makes me believe it's time for him to hang em up. All respect to him that he has won us 2 super bowls, but we haven't been to the playoffs in 4 years, doesn't look like that's gonna change, and have been mediocre since.

Reaction Score
champs first of all nice win last night. Took it to Mr Brady, well done.

But the Coughlin thing is really easy. Coaches are supposed to make up for the lack of talent and get the best out of them right, put them in the right situations to win? I agree this is not a talented Giants team and numerous injuries have made it almost ugly at times. But he mismanaged the clock in the Cowboys, Falcons and even the Saints. Win 2 of those 3 easily with correct coaching decisions. Yesterday was obvious as the FG was enough, people can say what they want but the Jets were not getting 2 TD's. Love the guy but they haven't been really good for a long time and while a lot is also on the GM, it's time. He was great for the Giants, but they need to change it up it's business.

Reaction Score

All good sj but I don't play that game either it just so happens he is one of the best.

Reaction Score

Coughlin loses game after game with his lousy game day coaching. He is one of the worse in the league at managing the clock, that has cost the giants at least four game this season.

And worse, his goal for the team this year was "finishing." If that was his main goal, he has failed miserably. The giants have led in the last two minutes 10 times this year. Ten times. They have blow the lead five ties.

Finally, if this is such a big talent program, how has the team managed to lead game with less than two minutes left. That is proof they have not been short on talent. They have the talent to play with anyone --even with the rash of injuries. That is badge of honor for Reese.

Yes, Eli and the defense dragged his sorry ass to the SB twice. But even in those games his clock management made him look like a donkey.

Reaction Score

The post-Simms, pre-Collins Giants were a mess at QB every year, and even Collins was only pretty good. Eli may not be an elite QB, but if you've been a Giants fan for more than the last ten years, you know how hard it can be to find even an above-average starter sometimes.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Say what you want but you don't like the man. I'm chilled but no Giants fan in his right mind actually believes Tony Romo (close only because he's had the best OLine in football his whole career, only reason and yet he hasn't won ANYTHING),

Mau, you're way off here. Romo had a great line ONE season (last year), and he put up MVP numbers. The year before that the line was average to above-average, every other season it's been bad. He's still put up great numbers. Eli is more clutch, and plays better in the playoffs, but during the regular season there's no question who's the better QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom