Giants | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You better take that first one away from Brady then because he was dreadful vs the Rams and you guys still give him all the credit for all his rings! At least you guys are consistent.

Too be fair, Brady was essentially a rookie. Hadn't even played a full season of NFL football. Threw no interceptions and orchestrated a game winning drive. And yes, the D was largely responsible for that win.

Reaction Score
Too be fair, Brady was essentially a rookie. Hadn't even played a full season of NFL football. Threw no interceptions and orchestrated a game winning drive. And yes, the D was largely responsible for that win.

He's wearing the ring right? Fair or not the credit in that one goes to the D according to how you guys look at things. Just saying, to be fair!;)

Reaction Score
Yeah, a pretty noble bunch to put up with all that adversity. And it's equally tough now that the balls have to be fully inflated and those spy cameras are out of use. And another thing, I've heard that Tom and his wife have to replace their butlers and nannies, so it's been real hard on the family.

Yes, clearly its pretty tough now that they are using properly inflated balls and no spy cameras. They're record certainly indicates how tough it is, right? :rolleyes:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aaand the weekend just gets better and better for my teams...

I guess no one really wants to win this division.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Aaand the weekend just gets better and better for my teams...

I guess no one really wants to win this division.

That division is amazing.

At least the the AFC South teams just suck and everyone knows it. The NFC East is actually supposed to have some good teams.

Reaction Score
It's a joke the Giants don't already have this division locked up, getting a little tired of Coughlin and Eli's act.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's a joke the Giants don't already have this division locked up,
That was our last best chance. Skins have a cakewalk schedule from here with Dallas twice, Philly, Bills and Jets; and we have Jets, Panthers, Vikings, Miami and Philly.

Reaction Score
Think coughin's days are over. They will not fire him but time for him to leave. Was just watching the wrap up show and they correctly said that this is the fourth time this season this team has had the chance to separate itself from yhe rest of the division and failed to deliver the effort. Inexcusable. Coach himself in post game interview said he did not see this coming. Now clearly they had O line issues,etc, but to me, this looked like the old 'scared' giants team from the jump. Again, inexcusable.

Reaction Score
horrible game to watch. good tonic for the huskies bummer weekend, though - the giants' season might actually be over. uconn still has plenty of time.

Reaction Score
had no idea he was from ct! who knew new london was such a hotbed?
He's actually from New Britain but followed Jack Cochrane down to New London, his brother David also plays in the league. Weird thing is two of the Giants tight ends are also from CT.

Reaction Score
It's a joke the Giants don't already have this division locked up, getting a little tired of Coughlin and Eli's act.

Not sure what Eli did at all until today and the first INT wasn't at all on him? He's been real good. Get why Pats fans don't like him but Giant fans who don't puzzle me.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not sure what Eli did at all until today and the first INT wasn't at all on him? He's been real good. Get why Pats fans don't like him but Giant fans who don't puzzle me.

Yes he's won 2 Super Bowls, for that I thank him
However, at times, he does do some real bonehead things for someone of his experience and quality
I'm not sure if these players are responding to his and Coughlin's leadership at this point
They had nothing but green pastures ahead of them and now things are turning brown
UGLY

Reaction Score
Numbers wise Eli is probably having one of his best seasons but he has also done some really dumb stuff. Eli has won two Superbowls and I like him but I think he's far from a great QB, he's already lead the league in interceptions three different times. I fault Coughlin more for blowing several games this year but Eli had a hand in a couple. No excuse for the Giants not being up several games in this horrendous division.

Reaction Score
Eli is what he is, high risk high reward, ill live with the end result, as for the Giants they are a total joke, now can they just lose out if they win a game the rest of the year I am going to be mad.

Reaction Score
Eli has Tye and Cunningham at TE, not Fells or Donnell. Cruz never showed up. Randle sometimes doesn't and even OBJ was injured. Harris is a nice addition although you can see they aren't on the same page summits, it takes time to get to know each other. The running game has been, uh, horrible they don't have one in most every game. Their line is in shambles and just got worst with a broken leg.

Yeah it's on Eli.:eek:

Reaction Score
Hard to blame Eli, no running game and defense can't make a big stop end of games (see opener vs Dallas, Pats game and yesterday as examples). He and OBJ have carried this offense and team.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Eli hasn't had an offensive line since the 2011 season and it's gotten appreciably worse (thru lack of talent and injuries) every year since. Despite that he's still putting together a nice year ... if only the team had another strong aspect to its game other than OBJ.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm just glad the Broncos won.

As a Pats fan, I kinda am too. I want the players to be able to rest a bit going into the playoffs, given the ridiculous number of injuries to critical players. Mentally too. Don't want anyone worrying about 16-0; that hurt the Patriots going into the playoffs in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom