Giants | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Giants played a crippled Pat team with a makeshift offensive line, two major offensive threats out of the game (Dion and Edelman) and Brady being a smidgen off with his accuracy and playing at home and they still managed to lose and you're happy???? That's right because in that horrible division, a 500 record could win the division. They got humiliated a couple of weeks ago against a terrible New Orleans team and you're a happy camper???? They've had how many losing seasons in the last ten years? They've won two Super Bowls where they relied on fluke receptions in the last minute or two by medicore players to pull it out and in fact won as a wild card who until the NFL decided to expand the playoff season for big bucks, wouldn't have even made the playoffs! That team????? The Patriots had an 11-5 record not too many years ago and didn't make the playoffs because of a tiebreaker and you won the Superbowl, getting in with a crappy 9-7 record. I'm not sure what your record was the other year you won the Superbowl or whether you won your division but over the years your Giants have not played like GIANTS very often. With the receivers the Giants have (based on some of the great catches I saw today and whenever I was forced to watch a Giant game) Manning should be able to put together year after year of a minimum of 12 wins and has he done it??? Particularly when the Giants have quite often had a very, very sound defense! NO!

History is based on what happened not what you think should've happened. What if what if what if, well what if it weren't for the tuck rule, or the Malcolm Butler interception. You can never go by records when it comes to the playoffs or what you see on paper that 9-7 Giants team also beat the Pats in Foxboro that year without Ahmad Bradshaw or Hakeem Nicks, they had a very close game against the 15-1 GB Packers, and destroyed them in the playoffs, had a close game against the Harbaugh Niners in SF and beat them in the NFC title game in a blood bath of a game that game was the defacto Super Bowl.

Eli is what he is never consistently good but is capable of getting it done. The Giants defense is a result of Jerry Reese failing to address the D in the draft, most notably the pass rush. No pass rush equals no D in the NFL.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bright Light: Who is the more injured team, Pats or Giants? You are talking like the Patriots won this game with walkons from the crowd. The Giants would love to be as healthy as your team.

The Pats have been one of the most banged up teams in the NFL this year.

RE the OL: They are down 2 starting OL for the year, including their best one (OT Solder). And three of the current starters were ruled out for today, including both OT (one of whom was the current best lineman - Vollmer). If you're scoring at home, that's zero actual OTs on the active list. They started a career center at one OT, and a backup guard at the other. The experience on the line is non existent atm:
  • 2nd year 4th rd pick - Stork
  • 1st year 4th rd pick - Mason
  • 1st year UD FA -Andrews
  • 3rd year UD FA - Kline
  • 2nd year 4th rd pick - Fleming
  • and a UD FA backup.
What they are doing with the line is absurd. I didn't think the Patriots would win today because of it.

Three of their top 5 or 6 players overall were also out: linebacker (Jamie Collins), running back (Dion Lewis), and then Edelman was done after the first quarter and they'll be missing him for a while to come. Plus a bunch of other guys.

Reaction Score
I don't ever follow the Patriots but all the people harping on how injured they are tells me they have been extremely lucky on the injury front in recent years, the Giants are always injured as much as the Patriots were today. I lost track of how many good players we lost to career ending injuries, that's why I kind of expect to never see Victor Cruz wear a Giants jersey again.

Reaction Score
The Pats have been one of the most banged up teams in the NFL this year.

The Giants have been worse.

Three of their top 5 or 6 players overall were also out: linebacker (Jamie Collins), running back (Dion Lewis), and then Edelman was done after the first quarter and they'll be missing him for a while to come. Plus a bunch of other guys.

You guys talk about him like you lost Peterson. He has 400 yards rushing and 400 yards recieving in 3 years. Get a grip.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Giants have been worse.

You guys talk about him like you lost Peterson. He has 400 yards rushing and 400 yards recieving in 3 years. Get a grip.

You haven't watched any Patriots games this year, you're out of your depth. He was the most dynamic offensive player not named Brady. Obviously not as talented as Gronk, but probably had more of an overall impact on the success of the offense during his time on the team this season.

Reaction Score
You are a f*(*ing idiot. The Pats were crippled, LOL. I wish the Giants were as healthy a team as the Pats. But you are too stupid to know how injured the Giants are.

Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning

Why don't you cry about it some more, you .
Calling a poster an idiot, stupid and a ? Typical internet tough guy. Who is the one crying??? You sound like a baseball fan.

Reaction Score
I guess this is for all the Giant fans only because the Pat's were a crippled team for most of the game without Edelman who changes the Pat's offense dramatically and makes them tons harder to defend. It was a day at the beach for the Giant's defense once he was hurt or at least it should have been. To have him out today and Dion out for the season as of last week, the Giants were as lucky as a team can possibly be and yet they still managed to lose. They have their moments but primarily have been a mediocre team for many years, including their two recent Super Bowl teams. Thank God for NFL greed cause they've made the playoffs often as a wild card just so the NFL could put more money in the till. Pro sports is ridiculous and you should have the regular season mean something by only allowing the best of the best to proceed to the playoffs. How many seasons over the past ten years have they had a losing record. Shameful, in my mind. Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning, including that botched short field goal against the Buffalo Bills. The consistency of the Patriots year after year after year shows what good football teams are supposed to do. I know this will start a firestorm with Giant diehards but how many times over the last ten years has their division been anything special. I'm saying that because beyond playing each team twice, what kind of won-lost record has the division winners needed to win it????? Washington hasn't had a decent team in forever and Dallas has managed to shoot itself in the foot year after year practically. Philly is only slightly more consistent.

Potentially the most ludicrous, Johnny Most post EVER on the BY. You're clueless and make upstater look like he only likes Brady. Wow now I've read it ALL. Fn hilarious, but typical.

Got a text from one of my WesMass buddies who is a homer like you, well maybe not as stupid when it comes to this stuff but damn close. His reply at he end of the game in a text was "What a game. You guys deserve kudos. Giants were awesome. I hate the fact we played like but just glad we snuck out with a win"

That's a Pat fan as it's finest. When someone else plays well enough to change your game and make you normal it doesn't mean the Giants had an impact, it means the Pats just really sucked. Pitiful bunch I will tell you!

Reaction Score
It's Giant fans who are doing all the crying and why, when you could be leading your division with a crappola record. You'll probably make the playoff despite your crappy team. Your profanity and your vocabulary denote what a bright light you are.

And your post makes you look brilliant? You make zero sense through basically all of it. All the "great receivers" Eli has had - name them smart guy? The "lucky wins" in the SB - no one else ever had a great play by someone else which led to a win right? :rolleyes: Sorry the Pats were 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs - who cares? Just WIN, right?

And yet another fool talking about a "crippled Pats team". You need to do your homework before you even go there. It's not even close as to who is more crippled, check it out you may learn something because in these 2 posts alone you look foolish.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many games the Giants have managed to blow in the 4th quarter this year and could still easily win the NFC East. We could beat anybody. We could lose to anybody. They are are so very much the New York Football Giants.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You're either being disingenuous or uninformed. The only reason he had those numbers is because he was injured and out or rehabbing the last three years. That's why no one had a bead on him. Otherwise, he'd have been tearing up the league somewhere else.

I watch a lot of NFL, and up until the injury, Lewis has easily been one of the most dynamic players in the NFL this year. And he was perfect for what the Patriots do.

And he's obviously nothing like AP. Nobody said that. Totally different players doing totally different things.

Really injuries, a stat based comparison taking into account total effect of injuries has both NE and NYG in the top 3. The difference between the two is not significant. The Patriots just hide it better.

For example: NYG #1, NE #3 for week 9. And the Pats were more shorthanded in week 10 than 9.

http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-9-games-missed-due-to-injury-and-iit-metrics-november-11-2015/

Reaction Score
You're either being disingenuous or uninformed. The only reason he had those numbers is because he was injured and out or rehabbing the last three years. That's why no one had a bead on him. Otherwise, he'd have been tearing up the league somewhere

I watch a lot of NFL, and up until the injury, Lewis has easily been one of the most dynamic players in the NFL this year. And he was perfect for what the Patriots do.

And he's obviously nothing like AP. Nobody said that. Totally different players doing totally different things.

Really injuries, a stat based comparison taking into account total effect of injuries has both NE and NYG in the top 3. The difference between the two is not significant. The Patriots just hide it better.

For example: NYG #1, NE #3 for week 9. And the Pats were more shorthanded in week 10 than 9.

http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-9-games-missed-due-to-injury-and-iit-metrics-november-11-2015/

While he has been a dynamic player this year, and there's no doubting that, let's not be so sure he would have been "tearing it up" anywhere else. He found a great fit for him, as have many others who thrived suddenly I'm the Pats system.

Both teams were at a loss but one can mask and the other not so much. Hey the Giants O line were great despite their injuries so that didn't make the difference. It's a no excuse league anyway play with what you have and get wins, nothing else. Just get a kick out of those who think they're injuries were the only reason the GMen were close to sneaking one out. Oh and I forgot, luck had a part too. ;)

Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I'm just glad they were able to pull out the win. Giants played a heck of a game, especially generating all that pressure and getting Brady off of his spot in the pocket. The Patriots were extremely fortunate with the strip play on OBJ in the end zone and Collins dropping that INT, but heck a win is a win, especially on the road in the NFL. On to Buffalo

Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I'm just glad they were able to pull out the win. Giants played a heck of a game, especially generating all that pressure and getting Brady off of his spot in the pocket. The Patriots were extremely fortunate with the strip play on OBJ in the end zone and Collins dropping that INT, but heck a win is a win, especially on the road in the NFL. On to Buffalo

Ok I walked away and never listened to the "rules" explanation of the Beckham TD. From my perspective, without knowing the details of the rule and while listening to the rules guy on TV prior to the final call, that was a TD. I mean both feet down prior to the strip, no doubt and possession. What else can it be? They should have run the ball anyway but I'm curious to hear what the explanation was for the reversal?

Reaction Score
Ok I walked away and never listened to the "rules" explanation of the Beckham TD. From my perspective, without knowing the details of the rule and while listening to the rules guy on TV prior to the final call, that was a TD. I mean both feet down prior to the strip, no doubt and possession. What else can it be? They should have run the ball anyway but I'm curious to hear what the explanation was for the reversal?
You have to be ready to "run" in the end zone.

Reaction Score

I guess they ruled that the process of the catch wasn't complete, whatever that means. The NFL honestly needs to come up with a cut and dry rule of what is or isn't a catch, cause after this, the Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant "non-catches", who knows anymore.

Reaction Score
You have to be ready to "run" in the end zone.

My point is there is no need to it's 2 feet in catch and fall out of bounds right, this is NO different it's possession 2 feet down so it's TD the strip means nothing in the end zone. No different than a runner who throw his hand out with ball and it's called a TD then a defender flicks it away for no apparent reason. Awful call.

Reaction Score
If I were making the rules, that would've been a catch. But that particular play has been ruled incomplete for years now.

That was a very easy call to make.

Reaction Score
Cruz now declared out for the year LOL of course

Guess they could never admit they brought him back too early - was his knee I bet again all along. Worst that 1st thought.

Reaction Score
If I were making the rules, that would've been a catch. But that particular play has been ruled incomplete for years now.

That was a very easy call to make.

I guess it might be but that play is different than the Dez play because why do you need to make a football move in the end zone? No one does on end zone sideline catches that's for sure this is no different. Even the guy on TV was trying to say if his other foot is down with possession it's a TD - he then proceeded to let us know he was blind by saying it wasn't but that's besides the point. As I said they should have run anyway so duckk it.

Reaction Score
They rule is that you have to make a football move. Just getting both feet on the ground is not a football move. If he had s
My point is there is no need to it's 2 feet in catch and fall out of bounds right, this is NO different it's possession 2 feet down so it's TD the strip means nothing in the end zone. No different than a runner who throw his hand out with ball and it's called a TD then a defender flicks it away for no apparent reason. Awful call.
But even if you have two feet in on an out of bounds play you have to maintain possession out of bounds. If Beckham had started to take the next step it would have been ruled a catch. That call is made all the time on fumble/incomplete calls. The receiver has to make a "football move" or it is not a fumble.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning

Fluke plays? FLUKE PLAYS? FLUKE PLAYS?!?!? I had planned on not entering this thread since it seems to be a bunch of Giants and Patriots fans in a p1ssing contest, but this post needs to be specifically and firmly addressed.

I submit Exhibit A as ALL-TIME FLUKE PLAY IN THE HISTORY OF FLUKE PLAYS EVER PLAYED IN ANY SPORT EVER EVER EVER:

images

You can take your "fluke play" hypothesis and flush that one right down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom