Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2015/07/09/giants-the-nfls-most-successful-cursed-franchise/ Patriot fans please cut it out with the injury talk, this will be the Giants third straight year being the most injured team in the league and six straight years as one of the most injured, of course we find out today Victor Cruz is out for the year. Also please stop saying Dion Lewis is one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league and the most dynamic Patriot after Brady. Gronk is the most dynamic offensive guy is the whole league and impossible to cover.

Where do you get the idea that the Giants are the most injured team in the league? I'm serious, ESPN has actually been ranking the teams 1-32 on that front and not only have the Giants not been number one, in most of the lists I've seen they've been ranked behind the Patriots.

I get that they just murder people so no one talks about their injury issues but NE has had more than their fair share. Next I'm going to hear that Edelman - the third most productive wide receiver in the NFL over the last three years - is less important than Gronkowski and no big loss because they have another short white dude in Amendola. The bottom line is that they just deal with it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That one was awful but I thought he had his arm on another one and OBJ only had one to grab with. I think many of the PI calls even out but that one on Butler was ridiculous, almost like the foul on Purvis the other night. Phantom stuff.

The gif of the Purvis 'foul' is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Next I'm going to hear that Edelman - the third most productive wide receiver in the NFL over the last three years

Ranking in receptions last 3 years: 4th, 8th, 8th
Ranking in yards last 3 years: 21st, 25th, 18th
Ranking in TD's last 3 years: 30th, 60th, 4th

Please explain to me how Edelman is the third most productive wide receiver over the last 3 years.

Reaction Score
Ranking in receptions last 3 years: 4th, 8th, 8th
Ranking in yards last 3 years: 21st, 25th, 18th
Ranking in TD's last 3 years: 30th, 60th, 4th

Please explain to me how Edelman is the third most productive wide receiver over the last 3 years.

Good point, the Pats were able to beat the Giants without him :D

Reaction Score
Where do you get the idea that the Giants are the most injured team in the league? I'm serious, ESPN has actually been ranking the teams 1-32 on that front and not only have the Giants not been number one, in most of the lists I've seen they've been ranked behind the Patriots.

I get that they just murder people so no one talks about their injury issues but NE has had more than their fair share. Next I'm going to hear that Edelman - the third most productive wide receiver in the NFL over the last three years - is less important than Gronkowski and no big loss because they have another short white dude in Amendola. The bottom line is that they just deal with it.

Just one source but I know a lot people refer to this metric. http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-9-games-missed-due-to-injury-and-iit-metrics-november-11-2015/ Currently has Giants at #2

Reaction Score
I'm sure some of you have heard of Football Outsiders too. This article relates to last year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-adjusted-games-lost FWIW they ranked as the most injured team in 2013 as well. I'm a Giants fan and making absolutely no excuses for the loss on Sunday. That ish was embarrassing and as sad as it is, I'm getting pretty used to these heartbreakers by now (Dal, Atl, NO, NE). The Pats are 100% the better team this year, no arguing that ...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm sure some of you have heard of Football Outsiders too. This article relates to last year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-adjusted-games-lost FWIW they ranked as the most injured team in 2013 as well. I'm a Giants fan and making absolutely no excuses for the loss on Sunday. That ish was embarrassing and as sad as it is, I'm getting pretty used to these heartbreakers by now (Dal, Atl, NO, NE). The Pats are 100% the better team this year, no arguing that ...

Again, what does last year have to do with Sunday's game? I don't understand this line of thinking. No snark.

Reaction Score
That's the article I linked above. Giants #2
Patriots #4
Oh it has nothing to do with Sunday's game at all. I was just reading the thread and saw some discussing the extent of injuries in the past

Reaction Score
first place at the bye week is something we can be proud of, at least! not many had us in this position before the season started, granted .500.

Reaction Score

Yeah, a pretty noble bunch to put up with all that adversity. And it's equally tough now that the balls have to be fully inflated and those spy cameras are out of use. And another thing, I've heard that Tom and his wife have to replace their butlers and nannies, so it's been real hard on the family.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
first place at the bye week is something we can be proud of, at least! not many had us in this position before the season started, granted .500.

Imagine if the Giants had closed those last minute/second losses (Cowboys, Saints, Patriots) - we'ld be talking.

Reaction Score
all this matters for naught if the giants get into the tournament. They have as good of a shot as anyone in the NFC with a 2 time Superbowl QB and a game breaker in ODB. They have already proven that all they need to do is get in...

Reaction Score
all this matters for naught if the giants get into the tournament. They have as good of a shot as anyone in the NFC with a 2 time Superbowl QB and a game breaker in ODB. They have already proven that all they need to do is get in...
But in reality it was their "D" not the QB that won the playoff games and the SB for them. This "D" is not that "D".

Reaction Score
But in reality it was their "D" not the QB that won the playoff games and the SB for them. This "D" is not that "D".

Yeah Eli sucks we get it:rolleyes: - 30 for 40 for 296 and 1 TD no int's means you did very little, if anything to help the team win the Super Bowl it was ALL the D.

You better take that first one away from Brady then because he was dreadful vs the Rams and you guys still give him all the credit for all his rings! At least you guys are consistent.

Reaction Score
A bit sensitive Mau. Don't worry you guys got the East wrapped up. Dolphins beating Philly was big. Get in the playoffs and Giants can be dangerous.

Reaction Score
A bit sensitive Mau. Don't worry you guys got the East wrapped up. Dolphins beating Philly was big. Get in the playoffs and Giants can be dangerous.

Nah just sick of the "Lady Eli" crap from the Pats fans up here. They have the best so if another QB beats the Pats it had to be either the defense or the fact they just played like crap and allowed the Giants to be in the game. It's pitiful but I should expect it and lose the sensitivity as you say! ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The NFC East is far from wrapped up. We are only 1/2 game ahead of Philly and Washington, and we have a bye week coming up. Could be a three-way tie by Monday, with one game left against each of them. Giving away four games on the last possession is seldom something you don't regret. Given our remaining schedule, we'll be lucky if it comes down to that last game against Philly.

Reaction Score

This is a myth. The 2011 team had one of the worst defenses in the league. 25th in scoring defense and 27th in total defense. That team won because their passing game was exceptional, and that's it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is a myth. The 2011 team had one of the worst defenses in the league. 25th in scoring defense and 27th in total defense. That team won because their passing game was exceptional, and that's it.

You're talking like the Giants gave up a ton of points in the playoffs and needed Eli to bail them out. Their defense was a completely different beast in the postseason; they allowed 14 PPG. Eli was very good, but let's not act like he carried a mediocre team to a Super Bowl.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nah just sick of the "Lady Eli" crap from the Pats fans up here. They have the best so if another QB beats the Pats it had to be either the defense or the fact they just played like crap and allowed the Giants to be in the game. It's pitiful but I should expect it and lose the sensitivity as you say! ;)

Yet, if you don't think the D was largely responsible for the 2007 win, you're crazy. They held the best offense I've seen to 14 points. That's where the game was won.

2012 was an even game all around for both teams. Giants made one more play.

And for the record, I get it's sacrilege, but I'd rather have Eli as my QB than Peyton. Give me a clutch playoff guy over a stat master who does not perform as well in the post season any day. I realize I'm in the vast minority here. jmo. Peyton gets you to the playoffs, Eli wins when he gets there.

Reaction Score
Not weird, just no D. Adding three fingered JPP made them 100% better. Unfotunately 100% of 0 is still 0. Ugh. I thought Spags was a good D coach but maybe not?
If you are blaming it on Spags you have no clue about the Giants. Look at the roster, look at the injuries, he is not a miracle worker.

He had a defense with Jayron Housley, Jasper Brinkley, Jonathon Cassiles, Jay Bromley, Tevin Wade, and Craig Dahl playing significant mins stifle the best offense in the league better then any other team has this season.

Blaming it on Spags is just asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro