Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've never seen a person have their head so far up a professional athlete's arse before, it's creepy really.

Still holding to the cray ideas you spouted this summer? Guy is incredible doing it with less than anybody ever.

Reaction Score
The screwiness, to tell you the truth, is that the breaking the plane rule is the screwy one.

Those screwy rules... why can't sports be played with common sense mirite.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yeah Brady sucks. Go watch some other sport you have an infinitesmal chance of understanding.
Give it a rest. You don't know when someone is yanking your chain. Brady is great. Today, he was okay, but nothing special and the Giants gave him the chance to have to move the ball only 40 yards with plenty of time. The Giants manage time worse than UConn and they are pros.

Reaction Score
Still holding to the cray ideas you spouted this summer? Guy is incredible doing it with less than anybody ever.

How did you turn a thread about the Giants into one about Brady?

Reaction Score
Edelman broken foot, at best he's back for the playoffs. Brady losing some weapons, combined with a patchwork o line might spell some trouble. Schedule is pretty soft so they probably still lock up home field.

Reaction Score
Edelman broken foot, at best he's back for the playoffs. Brady losing some weapons, combined with a patchwork o line might spell some trouble. Schedule is pretty soft so they probably still lock up home field.

I wouldn't say "at best." Seems to be a Jones's fracture like Dez Bryant's. 6 weeks take them to week 16.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
How about the bs pass interference call on 3rd down against Butler that lead to the Giants first field goal to start the 3rd? Made quite the difference in the late game strategy.

Reaction Score
This is all part of the plan. The Giants let the Patriots win today so they'd be undefeated when they beat them in the Super Bowl again.

In all seriousness, the Giants lost because they thew a quick pass with 2:06 on the clock. You run the ball in that situation 100 times out of 100. They basically gave the Patriots an extra timeout there, as the clock stopped at 2:01. They gave Brady an extra 40 seconds to attempt a long drive with no timeouts. Just like Week 1 against the Cowboys, the Giants clock management cost them a win.

Reaction Score
This is all part of the plan. The Giants let the Patriots win today so they'd be undefeated when they beat them in the Super Bowl again.

In all seriousness, the Giants lost because they thew a quick pass with 2:06 on the clock. You run the ball in that situation 100 times out of 100. They basically gave the Patriots an extra timeout there, as the clock stopped at 2:01. They gave Brady an extra 40 seconds to attempt a long drive with no timeouts. Just like Week 1 against the Cowboys, the Giants clock management cost them a win.
And we'll take it. No guarantee Giants see them again this year.

Reaction Score
Typical midseason game for the Tom Coughlin Giants.

Generally play competently, either up to or down to the level of the competition. Keep the game close on both sides. Down the stretch, make horrible clock management decisions, compounded by poor playcalling and execution. Blow major opportunity to separate from division foes. At the end of the season, lament missed chances, argue that we're close to where we want to be, make no changes to the staff.

If the Giants had any other owner in the NFL, Coughlin would have been canned 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Generally play competently, either up to or down to the level of the competition. Keep the game close on both sides. Down the stretch, make horrible clock management decisions, compounded by poor playcalling and execution. Blow major opportunity to separate from division foes. At the end of the season, lament missed chances, argue that we're close to where we want to be, make no changes to the staff.

If the Giants had any other owner in the NFL, Coughlin would have been canned 2 years ago.
I think he won 2 Super Bowls right? The Giants were thinking touchdown because Brady can get a field goal with 1 minute or less usually. In retrospect it did not work out even though about 4 different plays could have iced the game. The Giants previously had the worst defense in football and today I wanted them to be competitive in a non conference game against an undefeated Super Bowl champion. They more than did that, had the Patriots on the ropes and showed that if they get back some players they can be in it against the best teams. JPP is helping with more pressure than they have had all year. Patriot fans know they got away with one today no matter what they say. Giants take off from here.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
I wouldn't say "at best." Seems to be a Jones's fracture like Dez Bryant's. 6 weeks take them to week 16.
Bryant was out 7 weeks, and they probably pushed that given the status of the Cowboys season. Doubt you'll see him back before the playoffs.

Reaction Score
JPP has made a difference with pressure and I see the Giants coming on now, but the Patriots don't want to play the Giants again. Giant O line coming together, I feel good about that. Maybe Cruz comes back? IMO Eli outplayed Brady who was stripped 3 times. It's hindsight, but what about 3 knees a field goal and Brady has about 1 minute rather than 2?
I guess this is for all the Giant fans only because the Pat's were a crippled team for most of the game without Edelman who changes the Pat's offense dramatically and makes them tons harder to defend. It was a day at the beach for the Giant's defense once he was hurt or at least it should have been. To have him out today and Dion out for the season as of last week, the Giants were as lucky as a team can possibly be and yet they still managed to lose. They have their moments but primarily have been a mediocre team for many years, including their two recent Super Bowl teams. Thank God for NFL greed cause they've made the playoffs often as a wild card just so the NFL could put more money in the till. Pro sports is ridiculous and you should have the regular season mean something by only allowing the best of the best to proceed to the playoffs. How many seasons over the past ten years have they had a losing record. Shameful, in my mind. Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning, including that botched short field goal against the Buffalo Bills. The consistency of the Patriots year after year after year shows what good football teams are supposed to do. I know this will start a firestorm with Giant diehards but how many times over the last ten years has their division been anything special. I'm saying that because beyond playing each team twice, what kind of won-lost record has the division winners needed to win it????? Washington hasn't had a decent team in forever and Dallas has managed to shoot itself in the foot year after year practically. Philly is only slightly more consistent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess this is for all the Giant fans only because the Pat's were a crippled team for most of the game without Edelman who changes the Pat's offense dramatically and makes them tons harder to defend. It was a day at the beach for the Giant's defense once he was hurt or at least it should have been. To have him and Dion last week, the Giants were as lucky as a team can possibly be and yet they still managed to lose. They have their moments but primarily have been a mediocre team for many years, including their two recent Super Bowl teams. Thank God for NFL greed cause they've made the playoffs often as a wild card just so the NFL could put more money in the till. Pro sports is ridiculous and you should have the regular season mean something by only allowing the best of the best to proceed to the playoffs. How many seasons over the past ten years have they had a losing record. Shameful, in my mind. Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning, including that botched short field goal against the Buffalo Bills. The consistency of the Patriots year after year after year shows what good football teams are supposed to do. I know this will start a firestorm with Giant diehards but how many times over the last ten years has their division been anything special. I'm saying that because beyond playing each team twice, what kind of won-lost record has the division winners needed to win it????? Washington hasn't had a decent team in forever and Dallas has managed to shoot itself in the foot year after year practically. Philly is only slightly more consistent.

You are a f*(*ing idiot. The Pats were crippled, LOL. I wish the Giants were as healthy a team as the Pats. But you are too stupid to know how injured the Giants are.

Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning

Why don't you cry about it some more, you .

Reaction Score
I think he won 2 Super Bowls right? The Giants were thinking touchdown because Brady can get a field goal with 1 minute or less usually. In retrospect it did not work out even though about 4 different plays could have iced the game. The Giants previously had the worst defense in football and today I wanted them to be competitive in a non conference game against an undefeated Super Bowl champion. They more than did that, had the Patriots on the ropes and showed that if they get back some players they can be in it against the best teams. JPP is helping with more pressure than they have had all year. Patriot fans know they got away with one today no matter what they say. Giants take off from here.
The Giants played a crippled Pat team with a makeshift offensive line, two major offensive threats out of the game (Dion and Edelman) and Brady being a smidgen off with his accuracy and playing at home and they still managed to lose and you're happy???? That's right because in that horrible division, a 500 record could win the division. They got humiliated a couple of weeks ago against a terrible New Orleans team and you're a happy camper???? They've had how many losing seasons in the last ten years? They've won two Super Bowls where they relied on fluke receptions in the last minute or two by medicore players to pull it out and in fact won as a wild card who until the NFL decided to expand the playoff season for big bucks, wouldn't have even made the playoffs! That team????? The Patriots had an 11-5 record not too many years ago and didn't make the playoffs because of a tiebreaker and you won the Superbowl, getting in with a crappy 9-7 record. I'm not sure what your record was the other year you won the Superbowl or whether you won your division but over the years your Giants have not played like GIANTS very often. With the receivers the Giants have (based on some of the great catches I saw today and whenever I was forced to watch a Giant game) Manning should be able to put together year after year of a minimum of 12 wins and has he done it??? Particularly when the Giants have quite often had a very, very sound defense! NO!

Reaction Score
The Giants played a crippled Pat team with a makeshift offensive line, two major offensive threats out of the game (Dion and Edelman) and Brady being a smidgen off with his accuracy and playing at home and they still managed to lose and you're happy????

What players were the Giants missing you imbecile?

Reaction Score
You are a f*(*ing idiot. The Pats were crippled, LOL. I wish the Giants were as healthy a team as the Pats. But you are too stupid to know how injured the Giants are.

Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning

Why don't you cry about it some more, you .
It's Giant fans who are doing all the crying and why, when you could be leading your division with a crappola record. You'll probably make the playoff despite your crappy team. Your profanity and your vocabulary denote what a bright light you are.

Reaction Score
It's Giant fans who are doing all the crying and why, when you could be leading your division with a crappola record. You'll probably make the playoff despite your crappy team. Your profanity and your vocabulary denote what a bright light you are.

Could be: We are leading the division

Bright Light: Who is the more injured team, Pats or Giants? You are talking like the Patriots won this game with walkons from the crowd. The Giants would love to be as healthy as your team.

Beyond that, fluke plays have had them winning Super Bowls they had no business winning: Sounds like a crybaby to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom