Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Speaking of injuries, is Victor Cruz ever going to play again?

Reaction Score
Yeah like half the giants defense is either out or playing hurt too, we always seem to be the most injured team, getting pretty miserable

And their starting and backup TE are out, Beatty was supposed to be back this week but has to have season ending surgery. The Giants just are always hurt.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the GMen had 2 starters on the OLine out today too crap happens.

For the Patriots, it's 4 starters on the OL. Edelman, Dion Lewis and Collins too.

The offense is entirely different without this OL. But 3 of the 4 injured starters on the OL should be coming back soon. You have the center playing RT right now and a practice squad player at LT, with a couple undrafted guys at G and C.

Then you lose Edelman and Dion Lewis? Woah.

When Edelman, Collins, and the 3 OL come back, this offense will start playing like they were again.

Reaction Score
And their starting and backup TE are out, Beatty was supposed to be back this week but has to have season ending surgery. The Giants just are always hurt.
Yep, been like this for most of the past 5 season. Luckily we are in the NFC east. Just going by scores, we probably should've won 3 of the games we lost

Reaction Score
For the Patriots, it's 4 starters. Edelman, Dion Lewis and Collins too.

The offense is entirely different without this OL. But 3 of the 4 injured starters on the OL should be coming back soon. You have the center playing RT right now and a practice squad player at LT, with a couple undrafted guys at G and C.

When Edelman, Collins, and the 3 OL come back, this offense will start playing like they were again.

A lot less injuries than the Giants so Pats fans need to quit whining. The Giants have their 3rd and 4th TE's playing too which is a killer for a QB. You think all of those no named DB's were on the defensive plans? Dahl and Wade are seeing way too much time and even Hosely is playing full time and was a back up. The LB crew was minus 3 starters in Thomas, Beason and the BYU kid. Lost Hankins for the year on the D Line - you just need to show up with what you got and try to win, all you can do.

Reaction Score
For the Patriots, it's 4 starters on the OL. Edelman, Dion Lewis and Collins too.

Haha, that would be considered a healthy week for the Giants.

Reaction Score
A lot less injuries than the Giants so Pats fans need to quit whining. The Giants have their 3rd and 4th TE's playing too which is a killer for a QB. You think all of those no named DB's were on the defensive plans? Dahl and Wade are seeing way too much time and even Hosely is playing full time and was a back up. The LB crew was minus 3 starters in Thomas, Beason and the BYU kid. Lost Hankins for the year on the D Line - you just need to show up with what you got and try to win, all you can do.

How am I whining? Whining over 9-0? Hardly. I am talking about why the Patriots offense is no longer firing on all cylinders. I'll take 9-0 any day.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not to repeat what I said on the FB forum, but I was on the phone with a Boston area Pat fan for the game's last two minutes. Said that if Giants don't eat clock and kick A FG with under 30 seconds, they would lose. Even Diaco might be able to teach that team time management.

Football has some screwy rules. The Beckhsm non score he takes 1 and 3/4 steps with the ball and it's no score. A guy dives through the air, never sets foot in the end zone, manages to wave the ball 1/16 of an inch over the plane and it's a score.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do not engage upstater on any topic that might come back to Tom Brady.

It's basketball season and we do not have room for an 83-page thread.

Reaction Score
Do not engage upstater on any topic that might come back to Tom Brady.

It's basketball season and we do not have room for an 83-page thread.

I think I have been absolutely vindicated on everything I've ever said about Brady. Thank you for the support. Finally, all right thinking non-haters have come around to the obvious.

Reaction Score

With the OL injuries Gronk, to some degree, gets eliminated because he has to stay in and block a lot more. So your talking no Edelman, Dion Lewis and only one half Gronk. That is a lot to overcome. As soon as the Giant safety dropped the int at the end of the game, I knew the Pats would win. Kinda the opposite of the two Super Bowls.

Reaction Score
Not to repeat what I said on the FB forum, but I was on the phone with a Boston area Pat fan for the game's last two minutes. Said that if Giants don't eat clock and kick A FG with under 30 seconds, they would lose. Even Diaco might be able to teach that team time management.

Football has some screwy rules. The Beckhsm non score he takes 1 and 3/4 steps with the ball and it's no score. A guy dives through the air, never sets foot in the end zone, manages to wave the ball 1/16 of an inch over the plane and it's a score.

The second guy has possession and the first one doesn't.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think I have been absolutely vindicated on everything I've ever said about Brady. Thank you for the support. Finally, all right thinking non-haters have come around to the obvious.
Brady is no doubt excellent. Threw a nice INT at the goal line, fumbled twice ( got lucky on the second one), got lucky on a non INT on the last drive and had the Giants leave enough time for a midget leaguer to move the ball into scoring position. Had his FG kicker bail the Pats out. He was pure dynamite today.

Reaction Score
Giants gift-wrapped that one.

Such a weird team.

Someone needs to buy Coughlin a PS 1 for Christmas and not let him leave his house until he has played 2000 games and figured out clock management. That game was over when we threw the 20 yard pass to their five and lost the ability to run down the clock and kick on the last play.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was (am currently still at) at a bar in Brooklyn for the game. In the belly of the beast. It was glorious. Giants fans were yelling and screaming all game and then quietly filed out when Gostowski did what he does. :D

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's really bad when you can take self awareness lessons from Chief.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The second guy has possession and the first one doesn't.
The receiver is deemed not to be in possession because of a rule. In reality, tte ball spent more time under his control across the goal line than the stupid break tte plane rule allows. I understand the rule. Doesn't mean it isn't screwy.

Reaction Score
I was (am currently still at) at a bar in Brooklyn for the game. In the belly of the beast. It was glorious. Giants fans were yelling and screaming all game and then quietly filed out when Gostowski did what he does. :D

Kind of like what Pats fans were like when they lost two Super Bowls to the Giants.

Reaction Score
I've never seen a person have their head so far up a professional athlete's arse before, it's creepy really.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to buy Coughlin a PS 1 for Christmas and not let him leave his house until he has played 2000 games and figured out clock management. That game was over when we threw the 20 yard pass to their five and lost the ability to run down the clock and kick on the last play.
Yup, that call was strange. He seems more lost with clock management this season than Diaco was last season.

Reaction Score
Yup, that call was strange. He seems more lost with clock management this season than Diaco was last season.

Wouldn't have thought that was possible. But you're probably right. Coughlan is still clock managing 1980s football --- you don't think a 40 yard field goal is automatic and you think you need a TD. Every Giant fan watching in the stadium or on TV was simply worried about only kicking the winning FG in the last few seconds.

Reaction Score
Brady is no doubt excellent. Threw a nice INT at the goal line, fumbled twice ( got lucky on the second one), got lucky on a non INT on the last drive and had the Giants leave enough time for a midget leaguer to move the ball into scoring position. Had his FG kicker bail the Pats out. He was pure dynamite today.

Yeah Brady sucks. Go watch some other sport you have an infinitesmal chance of understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom