All-time Husky Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

All-time Husky Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Imagine if they made you draft a coach too! Would Calhoun go #1? How do you even evaluate that? If anything, it would certainly lead to some interesting arguments come game time...

Ha ah! This is definitely what have you done for me lately. I'll take one of the Top 5 coaches in the history of college basketball thank you very much.

Reaction Score
Ha ah! This is definitely what have you done for me lately. I'll take one of the Top 5 coaches in the history of college basketball thank you very much.
I think my point wasn't clear. Obviously Calhoun would be the first coach taken. I was wondering whether you take a coach #1 overall before any player, knowing that you would be stuck with a second tier player as your star. It's the age old question about value of coach vs quality of players...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think my point wasn't clear. Obviously Calhoun would be the first coach taken. I was wondering whether you take a coach #1 overall before any player, knowing that you would be stuck with a second tier player as your star. It's the age old question about value of coach vs quality of players...

Ahhh. Now I see. I'd go top players first, then a few of the coaches or two, then filler players. JMO though.

Reaction Score
Now that both guys have been taken in both drafts, I have to say that I am shocked that Bazz was picked ahead of Kemba twice.

I was as well, considering we're drafting based on peak and not body of work. I could see an argument that Bazz had the overall better career, but to argue that he had the better season is much tougher.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was as well, considering we're drafting based on peak and not body of work. I could see an argument that Bazz had the overall better career, but to argue that he had the better season is much tougher.
Added you to the discussion thread....

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Il take Khalid El Amin, Ed Nelson, Shabazz Napier, Rashad Anderson, and Travis Knight against any 5 you throw at me.

B

Bazzketball

Long time lurker. Wish I got in on this it's a great idea. Too bad a lot of the discussion is being kept private.

Reaction Score
Long time lurker. Wish I got in on this it's a great idea. Too bad a lot of the discussion is being kept private.

Ask jleves to add you to the private discussion. It'll all come out eventually, anyway.

Reaction Score
Can someone clarify for me whether a 3 guard 2 forward lineup is allowed or if I have to pick a strict PG SG SF PF C?

Reaction Score
Can someone clarify for me whether a 3 guard 2 forward lineup is allowed or if I have to pick a strict PG SG SF PF C?

You can pick whoever the hell you want. But if you have a lineup of 5 guys who are 6'7 and below, there's a good chance the Yard is going to be skeptical of your chances.

Reaction Score
You can pick whoever the hell you want. But if you have a lineup of 5 guys who are 6'7 and below, there's a good chance the Yard is going to be skeptical of your chances.

Yeah lol. Thanks for the quick response.

Reaction Score
Having the #1 pick is excruciating. I have to wait for 14 more picks before I get another chance.

Reaction Score
My hope is we can finish this thing up no later than Saturday (though obviously it would be preferable to end sooner) so we can start the match-ups next week.

Reaction Score
My hope is we can finish this thing up no later than Saturday (though obviously it would be preferable to end sooner) so we can start the match-ups next week.
The time in between has been excruciating.

I also wonder if we should have set some post minimums to play. We'd lose some good guys, but at least we would know there were no fly-by-nighters, and it might speed the game up.

Reaction Score
I also wonder if we should have set some post minimums to play. We'd lose some good guys, but at least we would know there were no fly-by-nighters, and it might speed the game up.

Says the guy who leads the draft in posts.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Having the #1 pick is excruciating. I have to wait for 14 more picks before I get another chance.
Yeah, this sucks. I'd rather have had the 7th or 8th pick, definitely.

That said... I'm happy I got Donyell.

Reaction Score
Says the guy who leads the draft in posts.
???

My point was that some of the people who signed up haven't posted that much over all. It's no surprise that one of them didn't show back up to make his first pick. The minimum could have been any number, just something to make sure the people will pick their players in a timely manner.

Reaction Score
The time in between has been excruciating.

I actually considered that in my original proposal, but figured it would be kind of unfair. Really, aside from a couple posters, everybody has gotten back to me within an hour or so. My hunch is that the second and third rounds will move quicker as the dead weight is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom