All-time Husky Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

All-time Husky Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does peak mean season or game? I guess that'll be up to those evaluating the teams. Would you take Tony Robertson as your shooting guard off the bench hoping for one of his explosive games (or Cup Cormier you get either 21pts or 6 TO's) or go with comparatively reliable 6th man Rashad Anderson?
Was Brian Fair's peak year his sophomore year?
Kevin Freeman his junior year (I say yes) ?
Khalid his freshman year (highest scoring, surprised people) or sophomore year? (I'd definitely take his soph over junior)?

Someone like Josh Boone is easier in a different way. Clearly his 2nd year was better than his 3rd, but that wasn't Josh so much as who the big playing with him. If Josh is your starting center or playing with Jake, Drummond or Thabeet its trouble, pair Josh in a complimentary role with a scoring big like Uncle Cliffy or even Travis Knight and he's fine.

Season. It would be too tough to start breaking down individual seasons into intervals, IMO. The rest of the strategic stuff I'll leave to everybody else.

Reaction Score
Really cool idea. Why not just set up a time to do the draft on a live chat and put a 5 minute limit on each pick. It will be a lot quicker than waiting for people to pick here.

I considered that, but it would probably be tough to find a time that is convenient for everybody, plus, this gives people a chance to think out their picks a little bit.

Anyway, both games are now closed.

Game one:

1. Carlos
2. Matrim55
3. Scoe
4. Edge207
5. Jfuchs91
6. UConNick
7. Aburks41
8. YearoftheHusky

Game Two:

1. Tenspro2002
2. UCFBfan
3. CTBasketball
4. Tzzandrew
5. UC23Leahy
6. PcketnfNiels
7. ColoradoUCFan
8. NYC_HUSKY22

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I know I am not playing, but here is some free advice. If you are picking #1 overall, draft Jim Calhoun as your coach. You are assured of winning the bracket if he is coaching! :)

Reaction Score
I considered that, but it would probably be tough to find a time that is convenient for everybody, plus, this gives people a chance to think out their picks a little bit.

Anyway, both games are now closed.

Game one:

1. Carlos
2. Matrim55
3. Scoe
4. Edge207
5. Jfuchs91
6. UConNick
7. Aburks41
8. YearoftheHusky

Game Two:

1. Tenspro2002
2. UCFBfan
3. CTBasketball
4. Tzzandrew
5. UC23Leahy
6. PcketnfNiels
7. ColoradoUCFan
8. NYC_HUSKY22

When it is my turn to make my pick where do I post?

Reaction Score
When it is my turn to make my pick where do I post?

champs posted official draft threads, in which he will notify us of picks and whose turn it is. When it's your turn, send champs a PM.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Please send DM notifications to folks when it's their turn to pick. I've taken part in these drafts before on very similar boards, and people tend to forget if they're not nudged.

Reaction Score
Just did that - if anybody sees Carlos around other parts of the board, please let him know.

Reaction Score
I will try to help run it - but I'm west coast and don't usually look at stuff until after 8pm ET.

I'm torn on the posters commenting. On one hand it would be good to see them choose their team and let others debate, but then again, they chose who they chose, maybe they should give arguments as to why their choices are correct.

If you do two drafts, you could run the games from each on subsequent days. Leave a day to vote on each game. That leaves a day of lobbying on the off game matchups and a day to vote on the current ones.

Again - I have a private conversation for anyone not in to debate draft strategy - let me know if you want to be included.

Where are you hosting the convo from? Is it mobile accessible?

Also my only point to posting the users debating their own teams is that it seems like arguments could ensue or voters potentially being influenced. I would very much be interested in participating if a 2nd draft opens up though.

Reaction Score
Where are you hosting the convo from? Is it mobile accessible?

Also my only point to posting the users debating their own teams is that it seems like arguments could ensue or voters potentially being influenced. I would very much be interested in participating if a 2nd draft opens up though.
It did, and you're in it. You have the 8th pick.

I think you should at least be able to lay out a rational about why your team should win. One post. If you do a bad job with it, too bad.

Reaction Score
It did, and you're in it. You have the 8th pick.

I think you should at least be able to lay out a rational about why your team should win. One post. If you do a bad job with it, too bad.

Yeah my mistake, I posted before reading the rest of the thread.

I thought draft order was based on order of signup?

Reaction Score
Yeah my mistake, I posted before reading the rest of the thread.

I thought draft order was based on order of signup?
Yeah, so you have 8-9. Not a terrible place to be. #1 pick feels like it has an obvious choice. The mid-first round (where you don't know who will be left when it comes around to you) feels like a tough spot.

Reaction Score
Yeah, so you have 8-9. Not a terrible place to be. #1 pick feels like it has an obvious choice. The mid-first round (where you don't know who will be left when it comes around to you) feels like a tough spot.
Maybe not so obvious since Tenspro took Emeka with #1. He must be an NBA GM, they always go for size. I bet he does all right as he'll be able to get Taliek in late rounds as his PG.

Reaction Score
Maybe not so obvious since Tenspro took Emeka with #1. He must be an NBA GM, they always go for size. I bet he does all right as he'll be able to get Taliek in late rounds as his PG.
Well, to me that seems like the obvious #1 choice. :)

Reaction Score

Go back and look at the order. I was like the 5th or 6th person. It's all good though.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know who I wanna pick...it's a tough call. However, quick question, what determines a players position? I'm assuming we need to have a player at each position? You said earlier no drafting 5 guards!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know who I wanna pick...it's a tough call. However, quick question, what determines a players position? I'm assuming we need to have a player at each position? You said earlier no drafting 5 guards!
You can draft whoever you want - play John Gwynn at center for all anyone cares. But people will judge how good your team is by, well, how good your team is. A balanced starting 5 and two smart subs will probably get the most love.

Reaction Score
Whoever you pick is no big deal. You just have to have them all on the court as if they were a real team. Want to play small--make the argument.

Reaction Score
Go back and look at the order. I was like the 5th or 6th person. It's all good though.
You are 6th. My mistake. Initially, when it was posted, there were only 6 people, and you were the last to sign up. Two wen on after you.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You can draft whoever you want - play John Gwynn at center for all anyone cares. But people will judge how good your team is by, well, how good your team is. A balanced starting 5 and two smart subs will probably get the most love.
Makes sense. Thanks!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Keep the strategy stuff on the private thread. I've added you to the private convo.

Reaction Score
You are 6th. My mistake. Initially, when it was posted, there were only 6 people, and you were the last to sign up. Two wen on after you.

It's fine either way, just let me know if I'm 6th or 8th so I know when to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom