All-time Husky Draft | The Boneyard

All-time Husky Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody up for a little competition? I don't know if anything of this sort has ever been done on this board before, but with the hundreds of amazing players that have poured through this program over the years, I had an idea: we should hold a Boneyard draft.

My proposal: the first eight people to respond to this thread and inform me that they'd like to participate will represent a team. After the eight have been decided upon, I will randomize a list to determine the draft order. Each team will make seven picks - five starters, and two reserves. The draft will be snake style, meaning if you pick last in the first round, you'll get the first pick in the second round (though I'm open to alternative formats if people don't like that one). Posters will have up to 24 hours to make a pick, though it would obviously be preferable if it moved along a little quicker than that. Note: the draft will be based purely on college production, nothing else, and aside from that, everything is subjective.

After the conclusion of the draft (56 players in all will be chosen), I'll seed the teams, and from there, it will be up to the board to determine the winner.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I'm in!! This is a great idea! Not only can you quantify your opinions on players, but other people's, and the whole question of era comes into play. Very intriguing proposal.

Reaction Score
Hell yeah.

Or am I too late?

Also, for the draft, will we have to take a reasonable lineup (i.e. not 5 point guards)?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can't wait for the boneyard debate when Kemba's team plays Ricky's team. That's going to turn into a blood bath!

Reaction Score
I can't wait too see who actually gets picked first! I'm not even in this and I can't decide.

Reaction Score
How are we going this? 2 guards, 1 g/f (flex spot), and 2 Forwards?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I can't wait too see who actually gets picked first! I'm not even in this and I can't decide.
I know what my strategy would be if I had the first pick, but don't really want to influence the process.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is it too late to be in? Great idea!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I shared my strategy with Dave in a private conversation. Anyone else who isn't in who would like to discuss, let me know and I'll add you to the conversation.

Reaction Score
Looks like the first eight respondents were Carlos, Matrim, Scoe, Edge, jfuchs, UConNick, aburks, and YearoftheHusky (apologies to Tenspro, UCFBfan, and CTBasketball).

If more people want on, we can either expand the field or combine posters (but then they'd have to collaborate to determine who they're picking, and both posters would have to sign off, which could be tricky).

I'm open to ideas on how to facilitate this.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Looks like the first eight respondents were Carlos, Matrim, Scoe, Edge, jfuchs, UConNick, aburks, and YearoftheHusky (apologies to Tenspro, UCFBfan, and CTBasketball).

If more people want on, we can either expand the field or combine posters (but then they'd have to collaborate to determine who they're picking, and both posters would have to sign off, which could be tricky).

Run two different ones at the same time.

Reaction Score
And yes, Tenspro, we're going to proceed with the draft as if these two teams are actually going to play each other at the peak of their powers, so drafting five point guards would not be wise.

Reaction Score

Wish I could have gotten in, but I think we just keep it like you said initially.

Reaction Score
Run two different ones at the same time.

Interesting thought. I'll keep this thread open until mid-night tonight and then I'll decide what to do - if you want in, either respond to this thread or DM me.

Reaction Score
Interesting thought. I'll keep this thread open until mid-night tonight and then I'll decide what to do - if you want in, either respond to this thread or DM me.
That might be a lot of work. But it would get me in, so I'm for it. :)

Reaction Score
I would like to participate. Maybe run a 2nd draft or an expanded draft? Though I'm sure managing 2 concurrent drafts/matchups would be a pain.

Also, I think you should make a rule where posters aren't able to discuss their own matchups. That way there's no bias or arguing and it's left to the community. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom