All-time Husky Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

All-time Husky Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
What client is this on? And is it mobile accessible?
You're in the game - you can't participate in the strategy discussion. That's the point of keeping it off here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is there going to be a place for us to defend/justify our draft picks? I think that a running convo, including the "owners" should be had but it seems like anytime someone comments it gets shut down and told to move to the strategy convo where non-draftee folks are talking. Don't mean this as a slight jleves. Just was curious if this convo will be had as I would love to know what others are thinking with their picks.

Reaction Score
Does this mean there won't be a place for the public at large to ridicule my picks?

Also, where is that private "strategy" thread?

Reaction Score
Does this mean there won't be a place for the public at large to ridicule my picks?

Also, where is that private "strategy" thread?

I hope you guys can make an argument for your own team. I am looking forward to your first positive UConn prognostication.

Reaction Score
Just as a clarification, when picks are made they'll be immediately updated into the stickied threads, correct?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Is there going to be a place for us to defend/justify our draft picks? I think that a running convo, including the "owners" should be had but it seems like anytime someone comments it gets shut down and told to move to the strategy convo where non-draftee folks are talking. Don't mean this as a slight jleves. Just was curious if this convo will be had as I would love to know what others are thinking with their picks.
You get a statement for each matchup for why your team would win. If you want to start an owners debate Direct Message thread like we have going, there's nothing to stop you. The basic idea is other than your statement for why your team would win, it was kind of the intention that you pick and let the board debate. Just like a coach puts his team together and lets them do the talking on the court.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Keeping the convos private is silly. The fun in this is based around arguing your position and providing relevant material - statline, signature game, any youtube compilations available, etc.

Just putting a name out there is boring.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Keeping the convos private is silly. The fun in this is based around arguing your position and providing relevant material - statline, signature game, any youtube compilations available, etc.

you can do that in your post about why your team is better than the other.

Reaction Score
Damn wish I saw this yesterday would have loved to get in

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Damn wish I saw this yesterday would have loved to get in
Well at least you can talk about it - I've added you to the private Direct Message discussion.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

And for the record - we're only keeping the draft strategy private.

Reaction Score
I just want to know the team rosters and the game results. Is there any way you can post that info so we can see it?

Reaction Score
Please add me to the private thread. Thanks

This is painfully slow. Not criticizing anyone, it's my own impatience, but slow nonetheless...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Please add me to the private thread. Thanks

This is painfully slow. Not criticizing anyone, it's my own impatience, but slow nonetheless...
I submitted my pick last night but not up there yet. However, I'm not one to talk as it took me a few hours to even be able to have time to get on and make my pick. So I totally get it. One question....is there a reason the team owner can't post their own pick? It might speed things up since we all have obligations that prevent us from being on the BY 24/7. It would cut out one more step and then champ can run the thing after the teams are picked? The draft thread would only be for placing your pick and that's it. Whoever is moderating the thread could delete anything extra. Just food for thought.

Reaction Score
I apologize for the pace of the draft - it is partially my fault as I had to hit the hey early last night and then take care of some things this morning. The game two thread has been updated, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Carlos (who will be replaced if he doesn't respond by 2 PM this afternoon - anybody who wants to be an alternative, let me know).

Reaction Score
I apologize for the pace of the draft - it is partially my fault as I had to hit the hey early last night and then take care of some things this morning. The game two thread has been updated, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Carlos (who will be replaced if he doesn't respond by 2 PM this afternoon - anybody who wants to be an alternative, let me know).
I would love to be an alternate

Reaction Score
Well at least you can talk about it - I've added you to the private Direct Message discussion.

Can you add me to the direct message discussion too? Thanks

Reaction Score
Imagine if they made you draft a coach too! Would Calhoun go #1? How do you even evaluate that? If anything, it would certainly lead to some interesting arguments come game time...

Reaction Score
Imagine if they made you draft a coach too! Would Calhoun go #1? How do you even evaluate that? If anything, it would certainly lead to some interesting arguments come game time...
There aren't enough decent ones to go around.

Calhoun has to go first.

Then you have Ollie, Hugh Greer, Dee Rowe. Those would all be solid enough choices.

Then who do you go with? After 1 HOF, 1 possible future HOF, and two very good coaches, you dip into the weaker options. Perno? Wigton? Trying to get to 8 would be painful. And god help the fool stuck with Perno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom