2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think obviously the ultimate would be getting stone, newman, and jones/smith for 2015. Then enoch decides to do the prep year he was originally going to do and ends up taking Nolans schollie in 2016.

Reaction Score
From ESPN, re: Breakout Classic

Best prospect: Diamond Stone

The No. 4 -ranked overall prospect in the ESPN 100 never dominated the field like many hoped he would coming into the camp, but he hardly got the chance. Stone rarely got enough touches to make his typical impact, and even when he did, they were never in his sweet spots. Instead, we saw only flashes of his talent. His hands are phenomenal, his touch super soft, and his release point high. He also excels at spinning off contact inside the paint and is able to turn both shoulders to maneuver inside. Connecticut’s Kevin Ollie made him a clear priority every time he took the court, while Kentucky’s Calipari also followed him.

Breakout big man: Jean Marc Christ Koumadje

The 7-foot-3 import from Senegal was the main story for the first night at camp. In addition to his obvious size, he runs the floor extremely well and is very bouncy and assertive despite a frame that's very lean. Louisville, Connecticut, and Tennessee offered immediately after seeing his first game on Wednesday as Rick Pitino and Ollie continued to trail him throughout the day on Thursday. Koumadje is almost completely raw when it comes to his skill set, but there aren't many big men with a more intriguing combination of physical tools.

Most improved: Derrick Jones

The long and athletic 6-foot-7 lefty is best known for his explosive athleticism, and rightfully so considering he can play above the rim like only a select few other players in the class. But he's become far more than just a dunker in the past 12 months. He’s a terrific finisher who can elevate off either one or two feet. He is extremely smooth in the open floor, and as good of a lay-up maker as he is a dunker -- able to convert with ease at a variety of different angles. His skill set in also much improved as he's now making rhythm shots off both the catch and dribble. Ollie, Calipari, Pitino, and Jay Wright all followed along with assistants from Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and North Carolina.

Reaction Score
From ESPN, re: Breakout Classic

Best prospect: Diamond Stone

The No. 4 -ranked overall prospect in the ESPN 100 never dominated the field like many hoped he would coming into the camp, but he hardly got the chance. Stone rarely got enough touches to make his typical impact, and even when he did, they were never in his sweet spots. Instead, we saw only flashes of his talent. His hands are phenomenal, his touch super soft, and his release point high. He also excels at spinning off contact inside the paint and is able to turn both shoulders to maneuver inside. Connecticut’s Kevin Ollie made him a clear priority every time he took the court, while Kentucky’s Calipari also followed him.

Breakout big man: Jean Marc Christ Koumadje

The 7-foot-3 import from Senegal was the main story for the first night at camp. In addition to his obvious size, he runs the floor extremely well and is very bouncy and assertive despite a frame that's very lean. Louisville, Connecticut, and Tennessee offered immediately after seeing his first game on Wednesday as Rick Pitino and Ollie continued to trail him throughout the day on Thursday. Koumadje is almost completely raw when it comes to his skill set, but there aren't many big men with a more intriguing combination of physical tools.

Most improved: Derrick Jones

The long and athletic 6-foot-7 lefty is best known for his explosive athleticism, and rightfully so considering he can play above the rim like only a select few other players in the class. But he's become far more than just a dunker in the past 12 months. He’s a terrific finisher who can elevate off either one or two feet. He is extremely smooth in the open floor, and as good of a lay-up maker as he is a dunker -- able to convert with ease at a variety of different angles. His skill set in also much improved as he's now making rhythm shots off both the catch and dribble. Ollie, Calipari, Pitino, and Jay Wright all followed along with assistants from Kansas, Florida, Indiana, and North Carolina.

It's hard to pick any favorites of the guys that Ollie is currently after. I'd like to see any of these kids commit. Including Comanche, Briscoe, Enoch, Stone, Newman, Koumadje, Ray Smith, D Jones, Sharma. Give me any of them.

Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Steven Enoch knocking down the rhythm 3 and actively defending on interior. Budding potential in this dude #Breakout14

Reaction Score
I think obviously the ultimate would be getting stone, newman, and jones/smith for 2015. Then enoch decides to do the prep year he was originally going to do and ends up taking Nolans schollie in 2016.

Given the way he's playing, and the attention he's garnered, I can't imagine that there's any chance he does a prep year.

Reaction Score

meh, gimmie Enoch now, no telling what could happen between now and a year from now in terms of his interests. not saying he will have the same rise, but someone else mentioned the jump Myles Turner had when he broke out on evaluation circuit last year, also there was Joel Embiid the year before that. Enoch could be that player this year.

Reaction Score
Wow. So if Enoch is dominating Elijah Thomas, a top 15 player in his own right, where does he (Enoch) get ranked? So unbelievably proud of this kid and can't wait to see what the future holds

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
6-10 Steve Enoch says he's done playing for the day here in Philly b/c he has a calf contusion

It's all good, he should be good to go in a week. He proved a top 50 ranking (maybe even top 30) is justified. Hope he participates in more high profile camps this summer.

Damn...

Jacey Zembal ‏@JaceyZembal
Rivals' No. 10-ranked senior Ray Smith of Las Vegas tore his ACL on Thursday at #adidasunrivaled. Elite SF prospect.

Terrible. He may take a prep year now if he can't play this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know a gamble, but feel we should keep full press on Smith.

KO should definitely keep contacting Smith, he's an exceptional talent. And for Enoch if he keeps improving he may be a 5* in the next round of rankings. Imagine that... a CT kid who goes from a JV bench player his sophomore year to 5* recruit with offers from blue bloods in about 12 months.

Reaction Score
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...evans-diamond-stone-skal-labissiere-and-more/

Over the course of July’s live recruiting period, we at College Basketball Talk will be posting anonymous quotes from coaches about the prospects that they are watching and recruiting. With coverage from the LeBron James Skills Academy, Reebok Breakout Classic and Adidas Unrivaled, we have people are the three biggest events of the week.

Here’s what the coaches had to say, with quotes cobbled together from a handful of conversations we had:

C Diamond Stone, No. 6 Class of 2015: “Big, physical big man. He’s got a good skill set and nice footwork around the rim, but he’s not as versatile as a guy like Skal where he can step out and knock down a perimeter jumper. He’s got a good upside and a chance to be special. He’s cut some weight but needs to add lower body strength. He doesn’t hold position in the low post as well as he should.”

PG Derryck Thornton, No. 11 Class of 2016: “Derryck Thornton’s really good. Great feel for the game. Someone that can lead a team and take it to the next level. He’s adding range to his jumper, but his mid-range game is killer right now.”

Reaction Score
@JeffRabjohns: UConn, Harvard, Yale, Georgia, San Diego State also among teams here in Chicago recruiting.

Most likely Hobbs still.

Reaction Score
Granted I'm being greedy and unrealistic at best, but I change my mind everyday who I would want between Newman, Stone, Enoch, and Jones. Obviously getting 3 out of the 4 (we only have space for 3 correct?) would be unreal but I love everyone of them as prospects I'd hate to miss out on one of them regardless. What's everyone's top 3?

Reaction Score

Why in the world would Enoch do a year of prep? He's probably one of the 3-5 best bigs in this class.

Reaction Score
A guy very plugged in on Kentucky's recruiting just told me on twitter that he believes Newman's top 3 is in some order of UConn, Kentucky, and Kansas. Not really a surprise but nice to see.

Who's watching Newman this week?

Reaction Score
Who's watching Newman this week?

While I doubt you meant me, but I am very excited because this weekend I will be able to see him in person for the first time at the Peach Jam. Day 1 he goes up against King McClure in the morning and Malik Monk in the evening. Beyond excitement, first time seeing each of them, and many others.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer just flipped his crystal ball pick for Stone from Kentucky to Wisconsin.

I want to land the kid, but would not be upset - AT ALL - if he went to his home state school.

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer just flipped his crystal ball pick for Stone from Kentucky to Wisconsin.

I want to land the kid, but would not be upset - AT ALL - if he went to his home state school.

From what I've read he was not overly impressive at Reebok. I personally think there are alot more questions around this guy than people think. I would be happy to land a "lesser" big with an upside; Comanche/Enoch/Sharma.

Reaction Score
at this point I don't see how anybody who is not Stone himself would know where he's going at this point, crystal ball picks for him and Newman are basically meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom