2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So looks like Ollie spent the day at the Breakout Classic and has left, or so I was told. Possibly going to head to Vegas for night games or for tomorrow.

I'll have the full rundown on today.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Enoch is going to end up as good or better than all the big men in this class, very happy he's from CT., is friends with Andre and grew up a Husky fan.

Reaction Score
Ollie is headed to Lebron's camp as I expected it looks like:
@psuTripp: Kevin Ollie heading to Vegas on our flight. Think he's trying to recruit LeBron?

I believe games start up again there in a couple hours so he may make an appearance late tonight.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Enoch is going to end up as good or better than all the big men in this class, very happy he's from CT., is friends with Andre and grew up a Husky fan.[/QUOTE

I believe that last spring Myles Tuner was an unknown 6-10 big man who ended up a consensus top 10 player. We can hope - Enoch has been impressing vs. elite competition in his opportunities so far.

Reaction Score
Contrary to the popular belief Diamond Stone says this:

@EvanDaniels: There's been speculation about how hard UK is recruiting Diamond Stone. He says: "They offered me & they are recruiting me hard. Real hard."

I asked Daniels if he had anything to say about UConn and his response was:

@EvanDaniels: Plenty. LOVES Ollie. Story up in next few days

Reaction Score
Go get em' coach!

@EvanDaniels: It's still early & Diamond Stone certainly wouldn't tell me if he had a leader, but I like Connecticut's position. Kevin Ollie all over him.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is it dumb that I would rather have Enoch over Stone? I think Stone will be a good player, but I would rather take the local kid that will be around 2-3 years. If we get Stone that's a guaranteed no from Enoch right? Obviously won't complain if we get Stone, but I feel lucky to be a fan of a team that has these kind of options.

Reaction Score
Enoch Tweets:

Chris McManus ‏@CerasolisGhost 6h
Steve Enoch just dribbled from arc and dunked. Guess the knee is alright. Playing better in second half again today. #breakout14
Is it dumb that I would rather have Enoch over Stone? I think Stone will be a good player, but I would rather take the local kid that will be around 2-3 years. If we get Stone that's a guaranteed no from Enoch right? Obviously won't complain if we get Stone, but I feel lucky to be a fan of a team that has these kind of options.

Definitely not. We have 3 schollies left. One for Mr. Enoch. One for Mr. Stone. And one for Mr. Newman. Everybody's happy.

Reaction Score
Enoch Tweets:

Chris McManus ‏@CerasolisGhost 6h
Steve Enoch just dribbled from arc and dunked. Guess the knee is alright. Playing better in second half again today. #breakout14

Definitely not. We have 3 schollies left. One for Mr. Enoch. One for Mr. Stone. And one for Mr. Newman. Everybody's happy.

Isn't a wing a glaring hole in our class though? Don't we need a Ray Smith or a Jones? I would say that is more essential than a second big.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't a wing a glaring whole in our class though? Don't we need a Ray Smith or a Jones? I would say that is more essential than a second big.
A wing is a much bigger need than a second big.

Reaction Score
Just a guess, but I'd say priorities are big, wing, 2nd big, 2nd guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A guy very plugged in on Kentucky's recruiting just told me on twitter that he believes Newman's top 3 is in some order of UConn, Kentucky, and Kansas. Not really a surprise but nice to see.

caw

Reaction Score
JMO but I don't think a wing is a necessary priority at all. Ollie seems perfectly OK playing three guards out there. If Enoch and Stone both want to come I don't think Ollie would say no at all. If Newman were to fill the final scholarship and no one leaves early UConn is stacked everywhere. If someone leaves then full that hole. One the flip side I think Ollie would also be perfectly OK taking Jones/Smith if they want to come before someone else. Ollie has shown he can be pretty flexible with his lineups.

Reaction Score
Isn't a wing a glaring hole in our class though? Don't we need a Ray Smith or a Jones? I would say that is more essential than a second big.

Enoch is a Stretch 4 and Stone is a true 5. I don't think we need a wing in this class as bad as some think. Unless Daniel Hamilton goes absolutely bonkers (18 ppg+) this season, I don't see him being a one and done. He speaks so highly of Ollie and wanting to play for him. It just seems unlikely. Also unless Omar improves greatly he'll be around for his senior year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@PaulBiancardi: Witnessed some great match-ups today at #adidasunrivaled . Love the Jalen Adams ( UCONN) vs @fastpp3 . Guards who know how to play! #talent

Reaction Score
Enoch is a Stretch 4 and Stone is a true 5. I don't think we need a wing in this class as bad as some think. Unless Daniel Hamilton goes absolutely bonkers (18 ppg+) this season, I don't see him being a one and done. He speaks so highly of Ollie and wanting to play for him. It just seems unlikely. Also unless Omar improves greatly he'll be around for his senior year.

It's not an absolute need but you'd like to see a kid in there sharing time with Hamilton, esp. as that spot will be his if Hamilton goes after 2 years.

Right now, the lack of any other wing on the team (some might argue that Hamilton is actually a 2) means UConn has 1 guy there, at best. of course this helps Ollie run a 3-guard offense at all times, which I'm sure is attractive to all the guards coming in. If you tell players that we need 6 guards (Hamilton, Purvis, Cassell Jr., Samuel, Calhoun, Adams) to play 3 positions, it is not a very hard argument.

Reaction Score
It's not an absolute need but you'd like to see a kid in there sharing time with Hamilton, esp. as that spot will be his if Hamilton goes after 2 years.

Right now, the lack of any other wing on the team (some might argue that Hamilton is actually a 2) means UConn has 1 guy there, at best. of course this helps Ollie run a 3-guard offense at all times, which I'm sure is attractive to all the guards coming in. If you tell players that we need 6 guards (Hamilton, Purvis, Cassell Jr., Samuel, Calhoun, Adams) to play 3 positions, it is not a very hard argument.

Calhoun is a wing and we have him for 2 more years, he's a guy that you're going to want out there with 2 more ballhandlers. So is Hamilton, although I think he comes in with alot more handle than Calhoun and is a throwback to our classic wings of the past who can be counted on for more ballhandling ala Rip, Ray, and Caron, not saying he is going to be as good as all 3 of those guys, he just fits that mold.

Reaction Score
A wing is a much bigger need than a second big.

Is this off the assumption that Hamilton is a one and done? Because otherwise, I don't see why that would necessarily be the case. You need more depth at the 4 and 5 than you do at the 3, especially when we have a strong propensity to play a 3 guard offense. If Stone is the top priority, I'd think we may want to look at bringing in another big that will be around for at least a couple years. Brimah could be gone after his junior year and we don't REALLY know what we have in Facey and Lubin yet.

Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Steven Enoch looking awesome today. Protecting the rim, running the floor, nuisance on the offensive glass #Breakout14

Reaction Score
Enoch's AAU coach:

@gdubs97: @Tallflow Steven Enoch with 6 boards, 8 pts and 3 blocks in matchup with Elijah Thomas. That's just the first quarter.

We NEED this guy. Local kid who we offered early. Seems like he loves UConn but is obviously blowing up - I'd expect for him to get some more high major offers this week. Longer the process drags out for him the worse for us...need to keep the full court press on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom