2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Hobbs is in Philly. Was on same flight this morning. Asked him for an update for the Boneyard. He said "Stay away from the Boneyard son".
Landed and saw Josh Pastner walking through. Goofy is all that came to mind. Do like him though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like it's already been covered but I jut got home and peiced it together so far.

As said above UConn went three deep, three coaches watching one game, for Diamond Stone, Tyus Battle, and Derryck Thornton. After that game Ollie watched Steven Enoch and Dwayne Bacon. I'm not sure if the rest of the staff did the same. Right now Ollie is watching Derrick Jones.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Heard Enoch is heavily considering taking a prep year after HS. @3uconn have you heard anything about this?

Reaction Score
Heard Enoch is heavily considering taking a prep year after HS. @3uconn have you heard anything about this?
He was planning on doing it initially but it seems to have become less of an option after he's blown up. If he was to do it, it would be great for UConn if we were to get Stone.

Reaction Score
@RyanSilver1: UConn, Arizona State, San Francisco, ND, Auburn, Army, Harvard, Stanford in the building early at West Coast Elite All Star Camp,

This means that if we did go 3 deep in the first game for Stone at least one of the coaches has to have left, if not both, and are currently on planes to other events. There the staff member, most likely Karl Hobbs, is watching Chance Comanche.

Reaction Score
@RyanSilver1: UConn, Arizona State, San Francisco, ND, Auburn, Army, Harvard, Stanford in the building early at West Coast Elite All Star Camp,

This means that if we did go 3 deep in the first game for Stone at least one of the coaches has to have left, if not both, and are currently on planes to other events. There the staff member, most likely Karl Hobbs, is watching Chance Comanche.
Games start around 6pm west coast time so in about 20 minutes. At that time Chance Comanche will be playing and on the opposing team is 2017 offeree Cody Riley.

Reaction Score
Derrick Jones on his visit:
“It was good,” the 6-foot-7 small forward said Wednesday evening at the Reebok Classic Breakout at Philadelphia University. “The coaches are just straight up front with everything and letting me know what I would be doing with everything. It’s great just to be able to be blessed with going to all these colleges.”
http://zagsblog.com/articles/derric...n-visit-reiterates-no-timetable-for-decision/

Derryck Thornton Jr. update:
When asked which schools are coming at Thornton the hardest, he mentioned Kentucky and Michigan first before adding UConn, Florida, Miami and Cal.
http://zagsblog.com/articles/2016-star-derryck-thornton-says-hes-done-with-summer-visits/

Reaction Score
Derrick Jones on his visit:
“It was good,” the 6-foot-7 small forward said Wednesday evening at the Reebok Classic Breakout at Philadelphia University. “The coaches are just straight up front with everything and letting me know what I would be doing with everything. It’s great just to be able to be blessed with going to all these colleges.”
http://zagsblog.com/articles/derric...n-visit-reiterates-no-timetable-for-decision/

Derryck Thornton Jr. update:
When asked which schools are coming at Thornton the hardest, he mentioned Kentucky and Michigan first before adding UConn, Florida, Miami and Cal.
http://zagsblog.com/articles/2016-star-derryck-thornton-says-hes-done-with-summer-visits/
The competition for Jones is stiff but I feel pretty good considering his quotes, the time Ollie and staff have put in and the AAUcoach connection. What are you hearing/feeling about our chances 3?

Reaction Score
Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop
UConn offered 2015 Showtime Ballers (FL) center Jean Marc Christ Koumadj tonight, his coach announced.

7'4" center.

From TwentyFourSeven:
"A raw prospect with mobility but in need of strength and skill improvement, Koumadje has only been playing basketball a couple years."

From City of Basketball Love: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/07/reebok-breakout-classic-2015-recruiting-notebook-day-1/
Koumadje came into this event as a bit of an unknown, but his 7-3 frame quickly caught the eye of almost everyone in attendance.

Entering just his second year playing basketball after moving to the US from Senegal, he is still very raw offensively, but was able to convert a number of shots near the rim and ran the floor very well for someone his size. His strength is still on the defensive end, where he had 4 blocks and was consistently in the right position to alter shots.

He was hesitant to discuss offers, but according to VerbalCommits he has scholarship opportunities at UMass, UCLA, Pepperdine, and University of Washington, and his play tonight in front of UConn head coach Kevin Ollie just earned him an offer from the defending national champs.

Playing at national powerhouse Montverde Academy last season, Koumadje did not get much playing time on a team with five other Division I recruits in the frontcourt. However, he did not let that bother him and is looking forward to getting more opportunities in the upcoming season.

“Montverde is a good school. They have great coaches. I didn’t get playing time ‘cause I wasn’t ready,” he explained.

With his play at Philly U already having earned him one offer, Koumadje should continue to pick up high-major interest if he continues his strong play. Not that it’s something he is particularly worried about.

“I don’t have a lot of experience playing basketball. So I just want to play and have experience,” he said. “Just play, have my team win, and have fun.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diamond Stone, 2015 C, Dominican (Wisc.)
A Top 5 prospect in the 2015 class, Stone holds offers from programs all over the country, and says the main schools pursuing him most are Kentucky, Duke, UNC, UCONN, Wisconsin, Louisville, and Florida. He plans to commit sometime in the fall, and wants a “big school with great coaching and good player chemistry.” He also added that “location doesn’t matter.”

Tyus Battle, 2016 G, Gill St. Bernard (N.J.)
One of the top rising juniors in the country, Battle holds offers from programs from coast to coast. He said he is mainly hearing from Michigan, Syracuse, Indiana, Ohio State and Villanova. In looking for a school, he said he is looking for, “academics, development, how the coaches fit and a school community.” Location wise, he doesn’t want to go too far from his home in Northern New Jersey.

http://www.reebokbreakout.com/recruiting-roundup-day-2/

Reaction Score
In all my years following UConn recruiting I've never seen so much content in just one day, nor have I ever seen UConn on so many top player's top x lists.

I'm actually worried that the KO and his staff will spread themselves too thin and not send enough of a statement to those they want most.

Reaction Score
In all my years following UConn recruiting I've never seen so much content in just one day, nor have I ever seen UConn on so many top player's top x lists.

I'm actually worried that the KO and his staff will spread themselves too thin and not send enough of a statement to those they want most.
I'm not concerned about your last part. Going into last year I thought that may be the case but he watched his top target, Abdul Malik-Abu, 13 times. Unfortunately we didn't get him. He already showed Stone he wants him bad. 3 deep is a big thing and I expect Ollie to possibly stick around for his morning game tomorrow then move on. That would look great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom