2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not concerned about your last part. Going into last year I thought that may be the case but he watched his top target, Abdul Malik-Abu, 13 times. Unfortunately we didn't get him. He already showed Stone he wants him bad. 3 deep is a big thing and I expect Ollie to possibly stick around for his morning game tomorrow then move on. That would look great as well.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right, 3. It's a good problem to overcome though. In past years, the list of recruits that were high on us and us on them were nothing compared to what we're witnessing in this 2015 class. I'd rather have too many interested recruits for the staff to follow than the alternative.

Back-in-the-day, I used to attend some of the local AAU events, and the ABCD camp held in NJ. I even interviewed recruits and wrote a few articles for the Yard and the mag they bought out, Husky Blue & White, but never covered it anywhere as close as you and a handful of others have on this site. I can't tell you how impressed I am with how well you cover recruiting, not to mention your far-ahead-of-your-age journalistic writing. We're lucky to have you and will be saddened the day you go national. ;)

I'm sure you've been asked this before, but based on the level of perceived mutual interest, in addition to Adams, which recruits do you think will ultimately make up UConn's 2015 class?

Any guesses at what point, if it hasn't happened already, where KO tells a few recruits at a given position, that whoever blinks first gets the ship?

And, while I'm at it, I might as well ask you one more question (BTW, any of you who follows the recruiting at a level greater than the average BYer, please feel free to toss in your 2 cents), do you think KO might accept more LOIs than available ships if they get more than 4 interested highly regarded recruits? If there ever was a year to do so, this one is it. For example, I'd hate to see us not land Enoch who heralds from our own backyard, though I also would love to land Stone or one of the other top bigs. As for the wing, I love what I've read about both Derick Jones and Ray Smith...though I'm sure there are a few more highly rated SFs that I'm not including. I'm guessing KO will only get one wing due to the number of available ships, the program's needs, and the fact that once one commits the others will look elsewhere unless two of them simply love UConn and KO too much to consider anywhere else. It wouldn't be the first time we landed more than one very good player at a given position in the same class. Denham & Shad come to mind. Though it's rare to land more than one elite player (say top 20) at a give position. I can see UConn pulling it off with guards since KO plays a lot of 3G-sets and both him and JC are known to play two PG-Combos on the floor at the same time. Kemba & Bazz, Bazz & Boat, KEA & Ricky Moore, Ricky Moore & Doron Sheffer, etc. Did KO and Doron overlap at one time or am I simply misremembering? :)

To answer my own question...the third one, I think there's a good chance that one or two more ships will materialize due to either a non-senior or two throwing their hat in the 2015 NBA draft or a transfer or two due to the steep PT competition that will only get tougher in 2015. I'm not fishing for transfer candidates, which is a no-no on the Yard, and rightly so. But just about every season at least one player has transferred...hum...I don't think we had one from the 2013/14 team, did we? Or am I missing someone? Anyhow, considering how talented the 2015 class appears to be, I'd love to see KO pull in 5 or even 6 kids from this class. I know 6 is unlikely, but I would not be shocked to see him sign 5 if that many ones on his wish list wanted to come here. If recruiting follows suit to what we usually witness, most of the recruits that end up making the 2015 class are names we're not even talking about. I just feel this year is going to be different and that the 3 to 4 that sign LOIs or at least verbal this fall, are names that are listed in this thread. I sure hope so, unless there's some diamond in the rough that turns out to be better than some that are on the current radar. One perfect example of this is the 2 time NC, Shabazz Napier, who few even had heard about till weeks before his name surfaced as a recruit that would reclassify and pick UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diamond Stone, 2015 C, Dominican (Wisc.)
He plans to commit sometime in the fall

This is interesting to me sine Newman has only talked about signing in the spring. Would make the package even less likely.

Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-newman-list-five-schools-for-package-with-diamond-stone/

“Right now I’m still at ground zero,” he said. “I think by the end of USA I’ll have my list up.”

Newman said he plans to have no more than six teams on his list, and likely only four or five.

And there’s a good chance fellow 2015 blue-chipperDiamond Stone will have the same list.

“[Stone]’s a great player, he’s a great person,” Newman said. “I’d love to play with him in college because he’s a dominant post player. That’s something I’ve always wanted to play with because I figure that if he can get the post going, that can help me out because that can really spread the floor.”

Newman said he and Stone talk almost every day and keep each other informed of developments on the recruiting trail. He listed UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, N.C. State and Miami as schools that have been recruiting them as a package deal.

When it comes time to make a decision, Newman said he and Stone want the best opportunity to contribute right away.

“Somewhere that we can go in and make a big impact right off the bat,” he said.

Reaction Score
Ollie watching Stone to start his morning off...

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Good morning from Philly where we have a gathering crowd for Diamond Stone vs. Elijah Thomas - Ollie, Calipari, Pastner, Hamilton, Enfield

Reaction Score
West Coast Elite All-Star Camp

Ryan Silver ‏@RyanSilver1 3m
2015 Chance Comanche, 2016 Jayce Johnson, 2016 Gavin Baxter, 2017 Ira Lee, 2016 Terrell GoGo Gomez,.2016 Raysean Bambi Scott day 1 standouts

Reaction Score
Matt Breen ‏@matt_breen
Derrick Jones, a five-star recruit, said he'll visit Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville and Florida. Already visited UConn http://Post original url/1oG3GBj

Jones said he enjoyed his visit to Connecticut. He met with Ollie and saw the NCAA championship trophy that the Huskies won last season. He said the coaches were "straight up-front with everything," and he hopes his other visits are like that.

Reaction Score
Updated look at everything right here:
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone, 2015 C, Dominican (Wisc.)
A Top 5 prospect in the 2015 class, Stone holds offers from programs all over the country, and says the main schools pursuing him most are Kentucky, Duke, UNC, UCONN, Wisconsin, Louisville, and Florida. He plans to commit sometime in the fall, and wants a “big school with great coaching and good player chemistry.” He also added that “location doesn’t matter.”

Tyus Battle, 2016 G, Gill St. Bernard (N.J.)
One of the top rising juniors in the country, Battle holds offers from programs from coast to coast. He said he is mainly hearing from Michigan, Syracuse, Indiana, Ohio State and Villanova. In looking for a school, he said he is looking for, “academics, development, how the coaches fit and a school community.” Location wise, he doesn’t want to go too far from his home in Northern New Jersey.

http://www.reebokbreakout.com/recruiting-roundup-day-2/

I thought we've been all over Battle? And the Cuse board seems to think they've stopped contacting him. Weird quote. @3uconn @tcf15 thoughts?

Reaction Score
I thought we've been all over Battle? And the Cuse board seems to think they've stopped contacting him. Weird quote. @3uconn @tcf15 thoughts?
I don't think too much of it. He visited 2 weeks ago so there's no doubt were on him.

For interviews, I tend to look at the last couple the recruit, or in Battle's case his dad, has done. That shows a more even look because in one interview a person can easily forget some schools.

Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Ollie, Pitino, Tyndall, Grant, Hamilton here for Derrick Jones, Bacon, Kumadje, Sanders, Silva, and Donovan Mitchell #breakout14

Ollie mostly there for Jones and Koumadje I think. Possiblly Bacon and Mitchell.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Kevin Ollie & John Beilein back here front & Center for @kidmamba23 & @DerryckThornton

Reaction Score
@jerrymeyer247: Kevin Ollie front and center for Steve Enoch. SE has a lot of game. #Crystalball 100% #UConn http://post original url/e1morVJ193 #Breakout14

Reaction Score
adidas Uprising ‏@adidasuprising 1m
Coaches in attendance include Arizona State, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, UConn, Creighton, Kentucky #adidasuprising

Players of interest: Rawle Alkins (2016), Josh Sharma (2015), Deng Adel (2015), Carlton Bragg (2015), Gabriel Wenyen (2015), Jalen Adams, D'Marcus Simonds (2016), Ray Smith (2015), Makai Ashton-Langford (2016)

Reaction Score
@BreakoutClassic: Derrick Jones (@_DerrickJ24_) isn't messing around today. Just finished with a camp-high 31 points in the last game set. #Breakout14

Reaction Score
@BreakoutClassic: Derrick Jones (@_DerrickJ24_) isn't messing around today. Just finished with a camp-high 31 points in the last game set. #Breakout14

Didn't you just ask him to stop being so awesome in front of others? Eish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom