Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rutgers and Maryland are. Iw geographically on their own island. Once the westward expansion is done, the Big might need to get them 2 more partners to even things out. Notre Dame is too midwest to help.
In a perfect world (I think the BIG is thinking this too) that would be us and UVA.

Reaction Score
Plus, I seriously doubt that California, Stanford, Oregon and Washington are just going to sit back and watch. They will jump next. Either the Big 10 or Big 20 up North based out of Illinois or the Big 20 down south based out of Texas.

Reaction Score
How many ACC members would be enough? Who in the ACC believes they would be better off without a GOR?

I see Clemson, UNC, maybe Duke and maybe UVA. After that all members know they may not have a seat if the entire conference is free to leave.

If it comes to it there will be enough.

Reaction Score
As Fishy and others said the ACC is not getting raided for another 12-13 years because of their strong bond thru 2037 they created and bragged about a few years ago (that now clearly some of them are heavily regretting).
They will either stand pat or add.
Do I recall correctly that notre dame can only join the ACC if they were to join a conference also? How about adding Notre dame and UConn? Let’s get crazy
If anyone really thinks that GOR is going to keep the ACC together. The Big 10, and SEC have enough money now to tie up enforcement forever, and the ACC, doesn't have the money to fight it.

Reaction Score
If anyone really thinks that GOR is going to keep the ACC together. The Big 10, and SEC have enough money now to tie up enforcement forever, and the ACC, doesn't have the money to fight it.
Explain what happens where the GOR means nothing. You don’t think they had excellent lawyers draw it up who know what they are doing and we’re prepared for many scenarios?

Reaction Score
Plus, I seriously doubt that California, Stanford, Oregon and Washington are just going to sit back and watch. They will jump next. Either the Big 10 or Big 20 up North based out of Illinois or the Big 20 down south based out of Texas.
Don't they have to be wanted in order to move?

If not then I'm announcing that UConn is joining the B1G immediately

Reaction Score
This idea of the GOR blowing up for the ACC - which I don’t believe for a second would happen - would require what, half the teams in the conference to move to the B1G and SEC at the same time? I can’t imagine four teams can just up and run with their media rights tied to the conference. Four isn’t blowing up tbe league. Half is different.
But what do I know.

Reaction Score
This idea of the GOR blowing up for the ACC - which I don’t believe for a second would happen - would require what, half the teams in the conference to move to the B1G and SEC at the same time? I can’t imagine four teams can just up and run with their media rights tied to the conference. Four isn’t blowing up tbe league. Half is different.
But what do I know.

Not much.

The GOR won’t stop anything from happening. They will just pay up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
As for realignment. I think we don't see any more major moves from the big boys until 2024-2025 when USC, UCLA, UT, and OU make the official moves. At that point, I think we see another shift in making two super conferences. Maybe the ACC will have figured something out by then, who knows?

I don't see anything big happening but then again, I never saw this move from the B1G!

It comes down to now watching the Pac-12/Big-12 battle and resulting effects on the left overs.

Reaction Score
Not much.

It’s not like the ACC deal is up in two years or even five years. It’s 15 more years. How much cash is the B1G gonna put up for 15 years of rights per school?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1 or 13. Doesn’t matter. It won’t stop anything from happening if they want it to happen.
Who are they?

The vast majority of the ACC either know they won't be considered (Wake, BC, Ga Tech, Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, NC State) or realize they may not be considered (Va Tech, UVA, Fl St, Miami, Duke) if the entire conference is free of the GOR.

How would it be possible for a couple of schools to break this? The bulk of the conference will fight until the end to maintain it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not much.

How does that work? Either it is a GoR or it isn’t (and everyone has been lying to us for years).

Reaction Score
How does that work? Either it is a GoR or it isn’t (and everyone has been lying to us for years).
I think we are about to find out how strong the ACC GORs are. I think the Big 10 is waiting on Notre Dame to make a decision about joining before they offer more PAC 12 schools. ND would have to break the GORs, but their penalty seems to be much lower than a full member.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom