Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G

Reaction Score
That's my point.

Everyone keeps saying nothing will happen with the ACC until 2036 because of GOR.

The GOR may be blown up by next week
ESPN reported: Multiple sources said several ACC schools have investigated the possibility of withdrawing from the league's grant of rights, but thus far have not determined a financially feasible option.

Reaction Score
What’s crazy is that we keep putting Miami on a pedestal. They haven’t been relevant nationally for 20 years. A small private school that hasn’t won much since Shalala cleaned them up

And everyone else started recruiting south floriduh.

Reaction Score
John Kurtz just reported on his podcast that the ACC TV deal cannot be renegotiated unless the conference expands. He speculates Kansas may try to join ACC. How about UConn as its partner.

Reaction Score
Do you think Stanford is on the phone with Notre Dame to see if they would be interested in joining the B1G as 17 and 18?

That lineup would have to be appealing to Notre Dame - USC, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue - the five biggest rivals the Irish have - all in the same conference. Navy could be one of the 3 nonconference games for Notre Dame each season. If the ACC grant of rights blows up, the B1G could add additional rivals of Notre Dame to lure the Irish.
We’re getting very close to two major conferences

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
When both Mora and Benedict hinted at this in recent podcasts it was in response to questions about our independence, almost hinting that our status as football independents might change sooner rather than later. I hope they are right.
I hope this means ACC.

Reaction Score
Big Ten Network is showing USC and UCLA as breaking news and to stay tuned to BTN for special coverage.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I’m definitely doing a dominoes on this.

Reaction Score
who will be the first conference to kick members out? If the BIG 10 is adding teams 2000 miles away just to increase the average TV payout per school, then they have to be considering kicking out members who are signifcantly brining that number down and are redundant in recruiting like Purdue, Michigan State etc. UConn clearly is in the top 50 schools in the country in value while others are still in major conferences.

Reaction Score
who will be the first conference to kick members out? If the BIG 10 is adding teams 2000 miles away just to increase the average TV payout per school, then they have to be considering kicking out members who are signifcantly brining that number down and are redundant in recruiting like Purdue, Michigan State etc. UConn clearly is in the top 50 schools in the country in value while others are still in major conferences.

If that would be the case, BC would be out of the ACC. They haven't delivered fir the ACC. They don't even bring in western MA.

Reaction Score
No B1G Ten Universities are getting kicked out

Reaction Score
The ACC must be looking over their shoulders right now. The weak links Wake,
dook, G Tech and BC are not helping.

Clemson and FSU are probably making phone calls

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The ACC must be looking over their shoulders right now. The weak links Wake,
dook, G Tech and BC are not helping.

Clemson and FSU are probably making phone calls
Again, the GOR is a beast. That is the only thing saving the likes of Syracuse, BC, etc.

Reaction Score
Pac-12 has the better brands and six state flagships + Stanford + Arizona State. They will be the ones striking.

I agree that the PAC would be in the driver seat. I would go after Oklahoma, Texas Tech Kansas and TCU

If a scenario like that were to happen, the Big 12 would loose big time

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The key is what will happen to Cal and Stanford. I don't see how B1G can leave these 2 academic powerhouses behind. If anything, they will go for the entire CA sweep by adding Cal, Stanford, UCLA, and USC since the Bay Area is also a huge market. The only other asset left in the PAC-12 worth adding would be Oregon and Washington. With this raid, B1G basically ended the PAC-12 as we know it.

Oregon St, Washington St, Utah, Arizona State, Colorado, and Arizona should all be calling the B12 about now. It is possible B12 might add these 6 plus 2 more schools to go to 20 as well if there is value in the new media deal. Would UCONN be in consideration if such scenario played out?
I think it will be the remaining PAC-12 schools adding B-12 members to replace whoever the lose (after USC, UCLA, Oregon & Washington).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The GOR is meaningless if enough want out.
How many ACC members would be enough? Who in the ACC believes they would be better off without a GOR?

I see Clemson, UNC, maybe Duke and maybe UVA. After that all members know they may not have a seat if the entire conference is free to leave.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers and Maryland are. Iw geographically on their own island. Once the westward expansion is done, the Big might need to get them 2 more partners to even things out. Notre Dame is too midwest to help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom