Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G | The Boneyard

Wilner (SJ Mercury News) - USC and UCLA planning to leave for B1G

Reaction Score
Seems to be accurate simply because of the first rule of alignment... whatever would screw UConn. I tended to think that we needed an ACC blowup to the Big Ten to make room for us somewhere. PAC blowing up doesn't seem to benefit us. Maybe helps the Big 12?

Reaction Score
Saw this a mile coming. There is no way a school like USC was going to be left behind in revenue etc. by the B1G and the SEC. It looks like the best option is for the PAC-12 and the B12 to form something just to stay alive since both have TV contract negotiations coming up.

Not sure how it will help UCONN since we are not exactly a fit geographically wise for PAC-12 or the B12. I guess one way it might benefit us is if PAC-12 raid the B12, and then maybe a spot for us?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not sure why PAC wouldn’t raid the B12 as next step.

Reaction Score
Since UCONN isn’t getting into one of the major conferences would love to see a new conference formed that makes actual geographic sense for all sports.

Actually wonder if that will end up happening around the country. Actual regional conferences.

Reaction Score
Fox should screw over ESPN by adding Kansas, Airizona and Gonzaga to Big East and guaranteeing the two football schools a scheduling alliance with Big

Reaction Score
If USC and UCLA leave, I am pretty sure Oregon and Washington are pushing hard in the background to join as well. PAC-12 better move their asses quickly to raid the B12 to shore up the ranks.

What will happen to Cal and Stanford? I can't even picture schools like Stanford in a league with a school like Baylor or Oklahoma State.

Reaction Score
Seems to be accurate simply because of the first rule of alignment... whatever would screw UConn. I tended to think that we needed an ACC blowup to the Big Ten to make room for us somewhere. PAC blowing up doesn't seem to benefit us. Maybe helps the Big 12?
ACC isn't going to blow up for a couple more years because of the GOR and ACCN deal, but they are next and last up: UNC, Clemson, FSU, and Miami are probably out by end of 2020s, early 2030s.

I expect then the ACC to then look like the old Big East.

Reaction Score
Saw this a mile coming. There is no way a school like USC was going to be left behind in revenue etc. by the B1G and the SEC. It looks like the best option is for the PAC-12 and the B12 to form something just to stay alive since both have TV contract negotiations coming up.

Not sure how it will help UCONN since we are not exactly a fit geographically wise for PAC-12 or the B12. I guess one way it might benefit us is if PAC-12 raid the B12, and then maybe a spot for us?
I have to imagine that the ACC will get poached too and there will be a split where some of the Big XII goes to the PAC and some go to the ACC. There will be a new ACC similar to the old big east.

FSU and Clemson will probably go to the SEC.

Reaction Score
As Fishy and others said the ACC is not getting raided for another 12-13 years because of their strong bond thru 2037 they created and bragged about a few years ago (that now clearly some of them are heavily regretting).
They will either stand pat or add.
Do I recall correctly that notre dame can only join the ACC if they were to join a conference also? How about adding Notre dame and UConn? Let’s get crazy

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And you can bet West Virginia will be courted heavily by both
This is a joke right??

If this happens, 20 teams each, then my guess is the Pac is gone and merge with Big 12 in some way. Not all of the Big 12 will make the cut, likely the newbies as well. The ACC will lose a few and maybe add some? Not sure but outside the B1G, there will be a small semblance of a geographic conference alignment.

Big12/Pac12 Combo - Midwest/West
SEC - Southeast
ACC - East coast
B1G - A geographic mess.

Reaction Score
For the SEC to dilute itself further to get to ~20, they're only going to target the ACC (Clemson, FSU, Miami -- which would bring them to 19). If they wanted to add others from the B12, they would have...

Just because the ACC has a current deal in place, doesn't mean they are immune from being raided. Cash speaks. ESPN's cash especially if they can turn the SEC into a mini-NFL in terms of viewership/dollars. They'll happily sacrifice ACC $ if it means a bigger payout with a newer SEC.

Reaction Score
As Fishy and others said the ACC is not getting raided for another 12-13 years because of their strong bond thru 2037 they created and bragged about a few years ago (that now clearly some of them are heavily regretting).
They will either stand pat or add.
Do I recall correctly that notre dame can only join the ACC if they were to join a conference also? How about adding Notre dame and UConn? Let’s get crazy
If ACC is smart, they add members now since they will definitely get raided the sec the GOR is up. Adding ND and UCONN might get them higher payout to keep teams like Clemson and FSU temporarily happy, but they will never reach SEC/B1G level.

College football with SEC and B1G as 2 big divisions with everyone else playing second fiddle. At this rate, they might as well turn pro and pay their players like pro teams.

Reaction Score
This is a joke right??

If this happens, 20 teams each, then my guess is the Pac is gone and merge with Big 12 in some way. Not all of the Big 12 will make the cut, likely the newbies as well. The ACC will lose a few and maybe add some? Not sure but outside the B1G, there will be a small semblance of a geographic conference alignment.

Big12/Pac12 Combo - Midwest/West
SEC - Southeast
ACC - East coast
B1G - A geographic mess.
You must be a newbie to realignment if you don’t know about West Virginia “dude”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom