Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ha it's all in good fun. Kim would be a blast to shoot the bull with, I bet. She and I would end up talking country music favorites, I bet. But just don't make me hang out with Chip & Joanna Gaines :confused:

My antipathy toward Waco is (mostly) unjust. It dates back to when I was playing tennis tournaments as a 12-year-old. Went to a tournament in Waco where I played a local kid who was way too chummy with the tournament desk, and I already disliked him from previous experience. In this particular match he got a bee in his bonnet over a call and went to request an observer (in junior tennis you basically call your own lines unless you request an observer, who can then overrule calls). Well, the only call she ended up overruling for the rest of the match was one made by him against me :) but ... I lost the match anyway :( and Waco was of course guilty by association.
Wow, that's a grudge. Were those wooden rackets? Was the serve underhand? Just trying to gauge how many years ago...:D

I was sort of hoping you would post the infamous "Jacket toss" but alas...:oops:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Dobee and company fall just a little short tonight, as Nicholls falls to South Alabama, 74-66.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
As I pull @Plebe in the dialogue on this thread that he posted on the USF-MSU thread, many posts on this thread noted the demise of Baylor barely squeaking by USF. Comments on how horrible Baylor's outside shooting was, turnovers, poor decisions, they aren't top team etc...

Where are all those poster now that #6 ranked MSU actually LOST to USF?
If Baylor's stat line of 36.3%, 20 assists, 13 steals, 16 turnovers, 50 rebounds, 17 personal fouls against USF made many question Baylor's pedigree,
MSU's stat line was 33.9%, 3 assists, 3 steals, 21 turnovers, 48 rebounds and 24 personal fouls so where does that sense of doom rank MSU?

It's one game and one game does not a season make, but also we have far more 'Dawgs fans on this forum who maybe have "blinded" our main followers into not using their discerning eye equally at all teams....just sayin. :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd love to see Missy call a UConn game against...well, anyone really, and see how that goes for UConn fans.
So I guess Missy must call every single UW game, and every single OSU game as well, not to mention every game between a Pac-12 team and a non-Pac-12 team. That's a mighty busy referee.

Homers will be homers. If there's one thing virtually universal in sports, it's the constant whining about calls in every contest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I pull @Plebe in the dialogue on this thread that he posted on the USF-MSU thread, many posts on this thread noted the demise of Baylor barely squeaking by USF. Comments on how horrible Baylor's outside shooting was, turnovers, poor decisions, they aren't top team etc...

Where are all those poster now that #6 ranked MSU actually LOST to USF?
If Baylor's stat line of 36.3%, 20 assists, 13 steals, 16 turnovers, 50 rebounds, 17 personal fouls against USF made many question Baylor's pedigree,
MSU's stat line was 33.9%, 3 assists, 3 steals, 21 turnovers, 48 rebounds and 24 personal fouls so where does that sense of doom rank MSU?

It's one game and one game does not a season make, but also we have far more 'Dawgs fans on this forum who maybe have "blinded" our main followers into not using their discerning eye equally at all teams....just sayin. :D
I know Mulkey will whip them into shape by the end of the season

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So I guess Missy must call every single UW game, and every single OSU game as well, not to mention every game between a Pac-12 team and a non-Pac-12 team. That's a mighty busy referee.

Homers will be homers. If there's one thing virtually universal in sports, it's the constant whining about calls in every contest.

I think you're getting confused. I don't really have a thing against that particular ref, haven't really noticed her specifically. It's the Stanford fans that have it in for her, because they are convinced she has it in for their team.

Seriously though, it's not every single game. Give me maybe a tiny bit of credit.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I think you're getting confused. I don't really have a thing against that particular ref, haven't really noticed her specifically. It's the Stanford fans that have it in for her, because they are convinced she has it in for their team.

Seriously though, it's not every single game. Give me maybe a tiny bit of credit.
Hah! I don't think Missy has it in for Stanford specifically as much as she has it in for a smooth pace of play, especially when Stanford is on the floor. Only times I can recall the refs needing 2+ minutes to figure out a call, Missy has been involved every time. And she does call more ticky tack fouls than just about anyone, IMHO. Not sure that necessarily cuts against us, but does make the games less fun overall.

Plebe

Reaction Score

My comment was in response to someone who implied that Missy Barlow was to blame for all the bad calls and associated complaining. I do give you some credit :)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
My comment was in response to someone who implied that Missy Barlow was to blame for all the bad calls and associated complaining. I do give you some credit :)
HAH. Since that "someone" was me, let me be clear: I only blame her for 80% of the bad calls! ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
HAH. Since that "someone" was me, let me be clear: I only blame her for 80% of the bad calls! ;)
Ha no, it actually wasn't you. Someone else implied that if only UConn fans were subjected to Missy that we'd understand what all the complaining was about. Which, as @nwhoopfan pointed out, has nothing to do with the cause of his usual pattern of "refs suck" comments. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ha no, it actually wasn't you. Someone else implied that if only UConn fans were subjected to Missy that we'd understand what all the complaining was about. Which, as @nwhoopfan pointed out, has nothing to do with the cause of his usual pattern of "refs suck" comments. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna do a little experiment and see if I can refrain from making any commentary about officiating in game threads. No guarantees though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm gonna do a little experiment and see if I can refrain from making any commentary about officiating in game threads. No guarantees though.
Ha clearly we are in a pandemic year because all the patterns are being disrupted! :p :cool: :)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, I will take that bet and as we both have a propensity to watch the late night PAC12 games and post on the threads, I will put the over/under on 2 games that Wash or WSU play...;)

Ha clearly we are in a pandemic year because all the patterns are being disrupted! :p :cool: :)
I would add that most of us are significantly more "cranky" than usual due to the pandemic...:oops:

Reaction Score
So, for all the fans who were stating that Stanford didn’t have a big enough lead against UNLV yesterday to be ranked number one, how do we feel about Louisville’s 3 point lead over UT Martin with 2:22 to go in the first? It’s UT Martin, to paraphrase someone, for crying out loud!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
My friend, I could care less about Wazzu. It's UW and OSU for me.
Sorry, my mistake...so make that 1.5 games of udub and the Beavs... ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
So, for all the fans who were stating that Stanford didn’t have a big enough lead against UNLV yesterday to be ranked number one, how do we feel about Louisville’s 3 point lead over UT Martin with 2:22 to go in the first? It’s UT Martin, to paraphrase someone, for crying out loud!
UT Martin is a far better team than UNLV.

I hasten to add: I wasn't one of those people who said that. But let's face it, Stanford has played no one with a pulse yet, whereas Louisville put together one of the more impressive showings of the season in its win over DePaul.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Stirring the pot, I see...;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Georgia tied with OK 63-63 with 2' 40'' left in 3Q on SECN

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Pretty good game between Oklahoma and Georgia.

Shari Coale has had the same hairdo for at least 20 years!

Reaction Score
Pretty good game between Oklahoma and Georgia.

Shari Coale has had the same hairdo for at least 20 years!
I always think of Coale at ASU games. CTT was had the same do since her NAU coaching days.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NC State in a dogfight w/ Coastal Carolina. Anybody call this one? Is CC one of your teams @triaddukefan ? Maybe the Wolfpack are having a bit of a hangover after their big showdown with South Carolina. Anyway CC leading by 2 after Q1.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Coastal Carolina leads NC State, 21-19, end of 1st quarter.

Injuries continue for NC State. Kai Crutchfield not playing for the Wolfpack Women. Elissa Cunane has two fouls and on the bench. I'm seeing Kayla Jones, Raina Perez and two freshmen and a sophomore on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom