Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The only thing good about UNLV basketball is their court. Looks great, wish the same could be said for the team.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to say by watching only the start of the second half, Stanford is running on all cylinders and the talent is abundantly clear on the starting 5. I can't wait to see the "next 5" as they too come advertised as supremely talented.

So far be it from me to outwardly disagree with some of my more esteemed posters, but this team is really, really good. :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have to say by watching only the start of the second half, Stanford is running on all cylinders and the talent is abundantly clear on the starting 5. I can't wait to see the "next 5" as they too come advertised as supremely talented.

So far be it from me to outwardly disagree with some of my more esteemed posters, but this team is really, really good. :)

I was gonna suggest Stanford should loan one of their frontcourt players to UW tomorrow. Miller and Rees vs. Jones, Belibi, Prechtel and Brink seems kinda unfair.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I would be curious to hear from @TheFarmFan about where he ranks this years team in terms of sheer talent and depth as I can't recall any other Tara team with this many AA's and depth at EVERY position. She has athletes that can play multiple positions.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UNLV is mounting a furious comeback...:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I would be curious to hear from @TheFarmFan about where he ranks this years team in terms of sheer talent and depth as I can't recall any other Tara team with this many AA's and depth at EVERY position. She has athletes that can play multiple positions.

Maybe not overall depth, but that era w/ Wiggins, Smith, Appel, Pedersen, the Ogwumikes, Pohlen, etc. was a step above the current group in my mind.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ha I don’t have enough data really. But clearly the pac 12 is the top conference, no other conference will be able to make up that gap.
1607210880396.png

It's# 2-6 that I want to hear your opinion on...;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Belibi vs. Young...the battle of the goggles.

Reaction Score
Maybe not overall depth, but that era w/ Wiggins, Smith, Appel, Pedersen, the Ogwumikes, Pohlen, etc. was a step above the current group in my mind.

I'd say the 2008 Team with Wiggins, Harmon, Pederson, Appel, Pohlen, Hones, and Gold-Onwude is probably the best roster you could find. They did beat national champs Tennessee during the regular season, but couldn't seal the deal after beating Maya Moore, Tina Charles, Charde Houston, and others in the National Semifinals.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Is it me, or does Anna Wilson remind anyone else of Kia Nurse the way she is playing (albeit a tad less defensive intensity)...?

Reaction Score
Is it me, or does Anna Wilson remind anyone else of Kia Nurse the way she is playing (albeit a tad less defensive intensity)...?

As long as Anna Wilson stays healthy this year, I'm happy for her to remind you of anyone. She's quietly having herself a decent game. I can't wait to see how she plays defense on some of the Pac-12 guards.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Tomorrow's game will be more revealing to solidifying what Stanford's pedigree really is as @MSGRET noted, the whole roster of Stanford is more talented than the UNLV best player.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
101-54 final. Jones looked great, Belibi had a nice game. Lexie was a bit quiet but still almost had a double double. Brink looked a bit out of control early but settled down and got a handful of buckets late, got into double figures. Her length is gonna cause opponents some trouble, she had 4 blocks.

Reaction Score
You know, it's always fun when you get done watching a few games. I watched DU-Wyoming, and Stanford-UNLV with some GB-NDSU thrown in there for good measure. I know there's another good game tonight, but I don't know that I can bring myself to watch it.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Without the benefit of watching South Carolina vs NC State, and UCONN, the top teams I've watched thus far are Louisville, Stanford, and Oregon.
I wonder if we could watch the SC-NC St game on the ESPN app as it was on the regular network. I have seen Louisville and agree, I have seen Stanford and was impressed (tomorrow vs. Wash will give another look) but I have not seen Oregon yet. Despite the rust, I still think Baylor is pretty good. I know I will incur the wrath of hte Hail State brethren but I am not sold on them yet so in 3 minutes, I will be tuning into the MSU vs. USF game (I wonder if Jake from State Farm will be coaching USF tonight?:rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
Despite the rust, I still think Baylor is pretty good.

Losing Cox, Cooper and Landrum were big losses. Cox has been a crucial piece for Baylor's program these last few years that you just don't replace that over night. While Smith and Egbo are very good (Didi as well as a defender). Its gonna be a process for them to find themselves and to develop more offensively. Someone will have to step up and hit outside shots to relieve some pressure off Smith, Egbo and Gusters. No one has done it yet.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Very impressed by Rickea Jackson in the 1st quarter of this game. Just like the Baylor games, too much size on MSU for USF to defend and they are not hitting their outside shots tonight so they need to start hitting those or the game will be a runaway by half. 19-11 MSU end of Q1

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
MSU sits Jackson to start Q2 and USF starts hitting outside shots, 21-18 and Timeout by Nikki.

Reaction Score
Losing Cox, Cooper and Landrum were big losses. Cox has been a crucial piece for Baylor's program these last few years that you just don't replace that over night. While Smith and Egbo are very good (Didi as well as a defender). Its gonna be a process for them to find themselves and to develop more offensively. Someone will have to step up and hit outside shots to relieve some pressure off Smith, Egbo and Gusters. No one has done it yet.
We need 2018-2019 Stanford DiJonai Carrington to show up lol

Reaction Score
We need 2018-2019 Stanford DiJonai Carrington to show up lol

It might be a long wait. I don't think she was ever quite the same after her last series of injuries, sad to say. There's still hope yet or time yet, but maybe the Tara was the only one who could get the best out of her. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom