Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

Reaction Score
Are you saying Kim is why Carrington isn't shooting well?

Idk how good she will be at Baylor but the rust is showing early for her.

I mean she is coming off of injuries! I’m most disappointed in Smith honestly

Reaction Score
It might be a long wait. I don't think she was ever quite the same after her last series of injuries, sad to say. There's still hope yet or time yet, but maybe the Tara was the only one who could get the best out of her. :oops:
That’s a shame because I really like Carringto’s game

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
HEY, how about USF coming storming back with hot shooting and great inside presence by Mununga to take the lead on MSU at the half 34-31!

So all you critics of Baylor vs. USF, maybe USF is pretty good after all...just sayin... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I mean she is coming off of injuries! I’m most disappointed in Smith honestly

The thing is, she's only been a 30% three point shooter in her entire career. So, yeah, she'll sink the occasional shot, but I don't think we can realistically expect a drastic improvement over that percentage. I think one of the things that helped Carrington at Stanford was getting consistent time, since so much of her game seemed to depend on her getting into a rhythm. I think she'll figure it out at Baylor, but how quickly remains to be seen.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I must say, I don't have the same rooting interest in the Rice-Texas Tech game as I once had. Still rooting for Rice but without the passion against TT...:oops: 45-27 in favor of Rice

Reaction Score
So all you critics of Baylor vs. USF, maybe USF is pretty good after all...just sayin... :rolleyes:

I always thought USF was a good team. Well coached group and they have some good players.

I still think Baylor is a very good team but they got to iron out some of the kinks, which IMO will only come from experience.

Reaction Score
The thing is, she's only been a 30% three point shooter in her entire career. So, yeah, she'll sink the occasional shot, but I don't think we can realistically expect a drastic improvement over that percentage. I think one of the things that helped Carrington at Stanford was getting consistent time, since so much of her game seemed to depend on her getting into a rhythm. I think she'll figure it out at Baylor, but how quickly remains to be seen.
I mean i want the slasher carrington. her 3 point shooting will be a bonus. I like her toughness That she brings

Reaction Score
Either that or having to live in Waco has done a number on her :cool:

I know deep down you love Kim Plebe lol

I do think Carrington needs games and minutes before she can get back to where she was before. I don't think she has ever been a pure 3 point shooter but she can contribute offensively as she gets up to speed agin. Supposedly they have been pacing her. Quite the contrast from Didi lol but hey, she feels good and doctors all cleared her.

Reaction Score
I always thought USF was a good team. Well coached group and they have some good players.

I still think Baylor is a very good team but they got to iron out some of the kinks, which IMO will only come from experience.

I agree, USF is pretty good. Hopefully Baylor‘s offense come alive tomorrow

Reaction Score
I know deep down you love Kim Plebe lol

I do think Carrington needs games and minutes before she can get back to where she was before. I don't think she has ever been a pure 3 point shooter but she can contribute offensively as she gets up to speed agin. Supposedly they have been pacing her. Quite the contrast from Didi lol but hey, she feels good and doctors all cleared her.
Plebe is always hating on Kim lol

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Plebe is always hating on Kim lol
I don't know about "hating on her" but he certainly can pinpoint her gaffs (Jacket toss is his favorite!). Hard to hate someone with 3 National Titles as a coach and additional ones as player and assistant coach...I doubt he will be driving over to WACO for dinner and drinks with her but "hating" is a tad of an overstatement... ;)

Reaction Score
I don't know about "hating on her" but he certainly can pinpoint her gaffs (Jacket toss is his favorite!). Hard to hate someone with 3 National Titles as a coach and additional ones as player and assistant coach...I doubt he will be driving over to WACO for dinner and drinks with her but "hating" is a tad of an overstatement... ;)
Hey Kim is entertainment on the sidelines! She can do whatever she want with all she’s accomplished

Reaction Score
Plebe pokes fun at Kim all the time. Definitely questions her scheduling (which is fair game) but does acknowledge Kim is a top coach.
Yeah I don’t know why we had such an easy schedule last year when we still had Cox, Landrum and Cooper! We should’ve played all the top teams last season

Reaction Score
All times are Eastern time zone. Rankings listed are per latest BY25 poll. My subjective picks for games of the day are in bold.

Sat., Dec. 5

East Carolina at Duke (12p, ACCNX).
Coppin State at #12 Maryland (1p, BTN+)
Cincinnati at Florida (1p, SECN+)
Auburn at Houston (1p, ESPN+)
Ohio at Kent State (2p, live stream)
Green Bay at North Dakota State (2p, ESPN3)

Wisconsin at Iowa (3p, BTN+). First game of the Big Ten season.
Vanderbilt at Little Rock (3p, ESPN+)
Alabama at Oklahoma State (3:30p, ESPN+). SEC–Big12 Challenge.
#2 Stanford at UNLV (5p, Mountain West Digital Network)
#8 Mississippi State at South Florida (7p, ESPN+)
Rice at Texas Tech (7p, ESPN+)
Providence at Butler (7p, Big East Digital Network)

Just went to watch the Providence / Butler game and it had started at 4:30.... On the BigEast web page they seemed to indicate that the streaming games are on Fox Sports Go... I down loaded the Fox Spots app and did not see the game.. went on the computer and saw that it had already finished and a providence player had 28 points... Baskerville from enfield had a double double...
Trying to figure out if the Fox Sports Go app is a different app.. maybe that is for mens games only as I saw an announcement that women games would be streamed by FloHoops....

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The SEC had a rough day today, went 2-3 with 2 losses to AAC teams...ouch...
Houston beat Auburn
USF beat MSU

Arkansas Little Rock beat Vandy

Alabama held on against Ok St
Florida easily beat Cincy

SEC needs to rebound tomorrow with
Georgia against Oklahoma,
Tennessee against WVU
SC vs. Iowa St
Arkansas vs. Baylor
Texas A&M vs. Texas in the "Blair Bowl"-Gary vs. Assistant coach Blair Schaefer :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ha it's all in good fun. Kim would be a blast to shoot the bull with, I bet. She and I would end up talking country music favorites, I bet. But just don't make me hang out with Chip & Joanna Gaines :confused:

My antipathy toward Waco is (mostly) unjust. It dates back to when I was playing tennis tournaments as a 12-year-old. Went to a tournament in Waco where I played a local kid who was way too chummy with the tournament desk, and I already disliked him from previous experience. In this particular match he got a bee in his bonnet over a call and went to request an observer (in junior tennis you basically call your own lines unless you request an observer, who can then overrule calls). Well, the only call she ended up overruling for the rest of the match was one made by him against me :) but ... I lost the match anyway :( and Waco was of course guilty by association.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just went to watch the Providence / Butler game and it had started at 4:30.... On the BigEast web page they seemed to indicate that the streaming games are on Fox Sports Go... I down loaded the Fox Spots app and did not see the game.. went on the computer and saw that it had already finished and a providence player had 28 points... Baskerville from enfield had a double double...
Trying to figure out if the Fox Sports Go app is a different app.. maybe that is for mens games only as I saw an announcement that women games would be streamed by FloHoops....
Yes, the Fox Sports app and Fox Sports Go apps are two different things:

(Just a tip: Your post got "hidden" in the quoted post to which you were replying. When you're posting in reply to someone, make sure your reply comes after the "[/QUOTE]" notation, which marks the end of the quoted post.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom